Carabao Cup 2022/23

Lineker

I’d expect the rule to be if a handball leads to a goal scoring action then the goal doesn’t stand. It wouldn’t stand if it came off Armstrong‘s knee following the handball, for example.

This is getting a bit testy now.

I've learned not to expect anything logical in the current over wordy Laws of the Game.

See, fucking madness:

I'm not convinced it comes off Armstrong's knee mind. I also have no faith that the refs remember all these little permutations. 

• Like 1

At least your fans could skip the Brentford game and not have to travel far. Or something.

Our Brighton game has already been knocked off of course, so we've got 3 games pre final, while Man Utd have 6. Depending on whether we try to squeeze Brighton or West Ham in somewhere as they don't have dates currently.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Colly said:

Waiting in utter anxiety for an email from the club on tickets today. Just had one, with an attachment. Season ticket payment details for next year. Fucking dickheads.

Did you get one?

Nope. The club in it's infinite wisdom decided that someone with 18 years as a season ticket holder who's been to countless cup, friendly, testimonial, women's etc games should be in the same pot as a non-member who's been to one cup game this season, so I missed out in the ballot.

I've got myself to blame to an extent, if I'd gone to Bournemouth I'd have been to 3 cup games this season and been guaranteed a seat, but I couldn't make the original date and couldn't get a ticket when they moved it for the ambulance strike. What this does mean though is that from now on season ticket holders will buy their seat for every cup game (which will hopefully include Europe of some description) going forward, so it'll be harder than ever for anyone else to get tickets. Under Keegan I only got to one PL game (the first one, a 1-0 loss to Spurs) due to it going all ST holder straight after, so I only got to cup games until the expansion, so many kids are going to miss out on that now.

Stupid club, Man Utd quite rightly just said "ST holders in a big pot, good luck".

• Sad 1