WWE 2K23

FLiam

I refuse to lose this MITB match! I have put in about an hour over the last 2 days and we are only half done! :lol: Also everyone in the match seems to have gotten unlimited finishers somehow? Things are getting a bit ridiculous. My finisher is the disarmer and I've gotten everyone to tap out at least twice now

Played through the majority of chapter 1 on Proving Grounds on My Faction and the last one on Legendary, seems to refuse to give any more MFP points when you get to about 300+ and what do you need to do get 345 MFP and win which is ridiculous as no matter what EVEN with it being elimination rules the AI breaks up every pin attempt, it is so frustrating.

• Like 1

I for sure have to resort to submission based wrestlers if I want to get the win in tag or multiman matches. If you damage them enough and have decent stats, you can mash out a win before a break - but man, the game is a bit TOO good at doing pinfall saves.

• Like 2

As someone who does CPU sims I had to resort to turning off rope breaks and adding knockouts to the rules for tag matches.  There's just no other way.  Any tag match is going 20 minutes minimum because the only chance of the CPU not breaking the pin is the perfect storm of ref being in their way or the two non-legal participants being outside the ring.

Naturally, I also did an elimination match with knockout rules, someone got rendered knocked out with a submission move and the submission animation just didn't end.  The guy just kept the hold locked in and everybody just stopped and stared at them, forcing me to quit the match.

• Haha 1

I set up custom match that I just labeled as Clusterfuck and it's an 8-man elimination match with no DQ and falls count anywhere rules and it's just nice for a bit of mindless fun.  Funniest part is watching the poor ref have to haul ass all over the place to try to count pins.

Didn't find the Rey stuff too interesting, but it was easy enough (just a couple of the 'dive to the outside' type objectives were tricky because I think the way the pause menu explained how to do them may have been wrong!). The match footage is nice and it continually intrigued me as to what got blurred and what didn't. But generally, it's standard showcase fare I suppose.

Honestly the thing that bugged me most about it was Rey's kayfabe commentary. 😅

• Haha 1

I really liked the Rey stuff, but there's not a lot to it and I mean - if they had access to certain other performers the actual matches in it after a certain point would've been better choices, but it is what it is. I thought the kayfabe commentary that Rey was doing was kind of refreshing and fun - and the seamless transition between match and footage was fun too.

Best part though, was the removal of needing to end the match in a certain way. Almost all of the matches just end with footage instead and it makes things flow a lot better than "oh, well you were supposed to finish the match here but the opponent kicked out.. so this is going to drag out 5 more minutes while you wait to get another finisher"

• Like 1

I think I am a fickle creature. I am always talking about how fun it is to enjoy wrestling in kayfabe mode but I am with Stoke and really hate the Rey commentary. The mode is really fun and really well done though. Only done the Havoc match so far but I enjoy it. Rey talking about it the way he is though took me out of the match quite a bit

I quite liked the Rey mode but I just wish it had been longer (I get that it's probably not a major selling point for the game though). It'd have been great if they could have at least added another WCW match, an ECW match and his first World title win. I wonder if they decided they didn't want Angle in the game for some reason. 

7 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I quite liked the Rey mode but I just wish it had been longer (I get that it's probably not a major selling point for the game though). It'd have been great if they could have at least added another WCW match, an ECW match and his first World title win. I wonder if they decided they didn't want Angle in the game for some reason. 

Jushin Liger was originally planned for Rey's Showcase mode, which is why the Starrcade 1996 arena is in the game. Pretty sure Rey's gear from that PPV is in the game, too.

7 minutes ago, tristy said:

Jushin Liger was originally planned for Rey's Showcase mode, which is why the Starrcade 1996 arena is in the game. Pretty sure Rey's gear from that PPV is in the game, too.

He's in there, yeah - I got 1996 Rey as a pre-order bonus.

image.png

• Like 1

Is there a way to tell if you have a move in your favorites already as you go through the moves? I wanted to just do one big run through and favorite all the moves I like but with some moves in overlapping categories it makes it difficult to keep straight.