WWE 2K23

FLiam

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I just lost by countout at the count of 4 :lol: 

I had a weird glitch too... I threw HHH out of the ring, and followed him out. My managers jumped in the ring while we were out. And then the bell rang and I was announced as the winner... 

No idea what happened.

• Haha 1

I'm having longer, more difficult matches with the difficulty turned up to Legend, but I still win every match. In MyRISE, I beat the piss out of Chyna in basically a squash, but then in the Performance Center, my character and Beth Phoenix had like a legit 25 minute match that was... actually pretty good, and fun. Her & I both were bruised to shit when it finally ended (I love that too, the bruises and stuff after so much punishment or particular strikes).

I'm gonna have to search to see if anyone has tinkered with the sliders yet, I always do that in every WWE game if I end up buying it. Legend is hard, but it's not impossible or anything. But, watch - as I say that, when I try to get the trophy for beating Reigns on legend difficulty, it'll suddenly turn into a nigh impossible task and I'll break a controller.

Other random stuff:

MyGM would be more fun if it had more than just 1v1 and 2v2. And only a men's and women's top title. And more space on the card instead of just two promos and three matches. And if I could see the history of what I've booked in the past. Nice start, it could be so much better though. I still think these games with MyGM are predisposed to have RAW win, though.

MyFaction is a fun twist on the towers mode, which I actually enjoyed in 2K19 (didn't play 2K20 so no idea if it made a comeback). I've unlocked a few more cards just by using the in-game (in-mode?) currency. It'll be grindy, but whatever. It's fun.

MyRISE definitely has its problems, but I can see myself actually finishing a career mode for the first time in a WWE game in a LONG time. Don't really like how the stories work in that mode either, you kind of just go from "story" to "story", it's kind of weird. I went from tagging with fellow Booker T trainee Ember Moon/Athena against my PC rival and that superfan wrestler lady, to suddenly talking to HBK about doing mocap for the next WWE video game. And that was a "storyline" - just wrestling Raquel Gonzalez while we're both in mocap suits. Ehhhh.

Universe is apparently a glitchy mess right now. Going over a certain size of data or 99 (I think?) images crashes the game. I was making an AEW Dynamite show in Universe, previewed the arena... and the game crashed. I'm sure they'll patch it sometime soon, apparently this was also a thing in 2K20 but they fixed it pretty fast. Once this all is fixed, I'm interested in the Superstar mode or whatever.

Gameplay wise, this is a definite upgrade. I thought I'd hate the combo stuff, but I don't. And I love how much more fluid a match seems to be now. I've seen videos on Reddit (and it's happened to me as well) where some moves kind of just flow together. Hard to explain unless you notice it yourself, but it's great. Although, it's weird that my character in MyRISE is a legit cruiserweight, and she was overhead suplexing Nia Jax. The collision detection between - what I've seen to be mainly the female models - is pretty bad. BARELY making contact when you bodyslam or suplex or whatever someone. Like, they'll go for a headlock to get them ready for a suplex, and you can an entirely different person's head inbetween where your character's arm is and your opponent's head, that much space. Absolutely didn't have that problem when I've played as Balor against KUSHIDA, or in the tutorial as Rey against Riddle.

Edited by tristy

2 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Amusing reading stories of people who popped the game in for the first time, didn’t bother with the tutorial, and instead set up a squash to get used to the controls like Brock vs Ariya Daivari and end up getting their ass kicked.

I'm absolutely enjoying the game but the Gulak tutorial might still be my favorite part so far. Like I've just been randomly walking around and I'll remember Rey Mysterio "Headlock guy!" and laugh out loud :lol: 

• Like 3

I’ve been away from wrestling games for a while now and was wondering if there were specific creators I should keep an eye out for updating my roster with.

In game, only completed the showcase and that was a lot of fun. Moving onto myRise next. Not sure if I’ll chop and change between game modes or wait til I finish one storyline/style and switch then go back.

• Like 2

Hrrrrrrrnnnnnngghh why am I tempted to buy this game? I haven't bought/played one since 2K16 and pay zero attention to the current WWE product.

(Although I've just looked, and the last game I had before THAT was SDvRaw 2010. Apparently I have a six year itch for wrestling games?!)

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Hrrrrrrrnnnnnngghh why am I tempted to buy this game? I haven't bought/played one since 2K16 and pay zero attention to the current WWE product.

(Although I've just looked, and the last game I had before THAT was SDvRaw 2010. Apparently I have a six year itch for wrestling games?!)

Honestly almost everything I’ve heard about it from a gameplay standpoint is positive and that’s the important part.  There’s said to be a learning curve with the new controls, specifically with reversals which are meant to be a lot harder and prevent every match just being endless reversal spam.  But that these changes overall make the gameplay way more fun.

The lingering concern seems to be a lack of depth.  MyRise/Career mode can keep you occupied for a nice long while but after that you’ve got GM Mode which isn’t fully fleshed out or Universe Mode which hasn’t been touched.

But gameplay is the big thing and what I’ve heard sounds positive and has me tempted.  At absolute worst it sounds like a big step in the right direction, which would make it a shame if they blew it all up to start over with EA.

• Like 1

I’ve started a Universe run as Veer. I finally had him debut on RAW with a dominant win over Dom Mysterio and on week 2 I’m Main Eventing RAW against Keith Lee…

in my head I’m just going to pretend it’s the dark match.

They put me in the MitB match so I had to sabotage it because I ain’t winning that… thankfully I worked it so Nakamura won. Ivar came too close too often 

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm glad I did the tutorial, because I'm not finding these controls intuitive at all, though they do seem to make things flow a little more naturally than they used to. It's just that I'm so accustomed to the old way of controlling these games for the past, like, twenty years. I keep forgetting that it's square or X to do a move once you've grappled someone, and end up whipping them out of the ring every time instead.

I'm finding the game crashes a lot. I get an error saying the graphics card was removed or something... and I've had it twice today and a couple times before that too. It might be because my PC can't handle it but I've ordered a new PC and it should be here tomorrow soooo it might not be th egame's fault!

I'm gonna need AEW to provide some updates on their game soon. I'm getting the itch to play some PS4 wrestling, and the gameplay sounds massively improved... but I really don't want to give WWE any of my money.

• Like 2

From what I've gathered reading various reviews/reports, the PC version of the game is more comparable to the PS4/Xbox One version than next gen, but there's no huge differences. Apparently the NBA 2K games are still that way on PC too?

I'll more than likely wait for a sale on the PS5 version and give it a go at some point in the future. I know I won't put enough hours in to justify full price.

16 minutes ago, Baddar said:

From what I've gathered reading various reviews/reports, the PC version of the game is more comparable to the PS4/Xbox One version than next gen, but there's no huge differences. Apparently the NBA 2K games are still that way on PC too?

I'll more than likely wait for a sale on the PS5 version and give it a go at some point in the future. I know I won't put enough hours in to justify full price.

Yeah, it is more comparable to PS4/XBone BUT at the end of the day, there's not really that much difference between current gen and last gen versions outside of graphics, and I still think the PC version still looks really good, and a hell of a lot better than 2K20. I've had a fair few crashes so far, but I'm unsure if that's because of the game or because of my computer at this point.