WWE 2K23

FLiam

13 minutes ago, tristy said:

Since we were talking about the Rumble trophy earlier: I'm turning down the difficulty to Easy, using Roman Reigns, and filling a Rumble with the lowest rated wrestlers to try and get either the elimination or start from #1 trophy (or both).

I gave it a go using The Undertaker yesterday, leaving the entrants as is.  I did easily clear the elimination trophy.  For the first 10 or so entries I was able to get people out before the next person entered, if they blocked my first elimination attempt I'd usually get them out on the second go just as the next entrant was sliding in.  But then Edge entered, blocked two elimination attempts and the ring started to fill a bit.

I ended up lasting to like #24.  There were four guys in the ring, Montez Ford eliminated someone on his side of the ring while I took someone out with that motion where they're laying on the apron and you basically run at them and hip check them out.  Problem is, there's an animation after that where you look down at the guy you eliminated, during which point Montez ran at me from behind and clotheslined me out.  No opportunity to reverse, I was just gone in a flash.

So yeah, this thing is gonna be tough to get, even on easy I suspect.  The strategy is of course to throw as many out before the ring fills as possible but the more guys in there, the better off you are just sticking to the middle of the ring and letting the CPU clear themselves out.

If you want the trophy that bad, and don't care about kind of cheating the system a little bit, just do what I mentioned. I did it in about 10 minutes or so. As Reigns, all I pretty much ever did was the running heavy attack, maybe another heavy grapple attack, and then whipped them over the ropes. Sometimes they went easy, sometimes I had to spear or knock them off with a side attack. But other than two times I never had more than two people in the ring besides me.

• Like 1

I caved in the end and got it because I really like the look of MyFaction and everything else is just a bonus.

Unfortunately it seems that 5 years without playing a WWE game has left me very rusty, as I discovered by taking 20 minutes to finish off Kushida in the very first MyFaction match on just Normal difficulty...

8 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I caved in the end and got it because I really like the look of MyFaction and everything else is just a bonus.

Unfortunately it seems that 5 years without playing a WWE game has left me very rusty, as I discovered by taking 20 minutes to finish off Kushida in the very first MyFaction match on just Normal difficulty...

This was me when I started but I kicked it off with the tutorial then showcase and now I have everything down to a tee. Once you learn animation patterns and timing, you basically reverse everything.

As an aside, my newest favourite thing is Byron Saxton saying his Steiner Match isn’t up to scratch during the weekly tornado tag handicap match. Was really hoping he’d say “Drastic go down”

EDIT: They’ve also removed weapons from the myFactions War matches so you can no longer do that method to go through quicker. Guess I need to get that Ruby Asuka and do the submission method. Time to grind 🥺 

EDIT2: I just use my Ruby Evolved Natalya for the same result. Just need the rest of my team as bronze and start as one of them 

Edited by Rocky

5 minutes ago, apsham said:

Patch 1.06 did its job in terms of being able to use my downloaded wrestlers AND access the deletion utility now in order to remove unneeded images and the like.

apparently the game crashes if you use more than 34 custom renders, though. I don't think I've ever had that many CAWs at one time though.

Edited by tristy

Yeah I am sticking to just picking up well done AEW CAWs for now. I have two creators that I'm keeping an eye on for that, would love to hear about more if anyone has 'em. Defract for one and then Dre has a great Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky right now. Apparently I should be looking into IconicGames2K as well, but I think I have their Bryan Danielson and he's a tad bit off I think. I'm seeing a good Thunder Rosa from Fun_Blood_962 as I look online as well.

I found a really good CM Punk w/ trunks and his ROH/Revolution gear. But the moveset was WAY off - doing standing moonsaults and stuff. The CM Punk by Dre is good actually, but for the purposes of this game I wanted him with trunks.

Any time I see a good CAW on r/WWEGames, I save the post so I can go back to it later. There is a guy who specifically does late 90s WCW guys - he has a really good Giant, DDP, Raven and Sting.

• Like 1

This is a weird one. I'm in a story and the objective says "win by pin or submission". I'm being purposefully vague to avoid spoilers but I won the match without taking a hit. It says I failed the objective and to "take some damage to advance the story" whatever the hell that means. So I took some damage and won again. Same thing came up. So apparently I should just know to take enough damage to trigger a cutscene? Did the game assume this match would be harder than it was?

18 hours ago, tristy said:

I found a really good CM Punk w/ trunks and his ROH/Revolution gear. But the moveset was WAY off - doing standing moonsaults and stuff. The CM Punk by Dre is good actually, but for the purposes of this game I wanted him with trunks.

Any time I see a good CAW on r/WWEGames, I save the post so I can go back to it later. There is a guy who specifically does late 90s WCW guys - he has a really good Giant, DDP, Raven and Sting.

The guy doing the WCW ones is great. He did a huge roster for 2K19, literally almost everyone you can think of, he did. And they were all good

15 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Doing an NXT story against Toni Storm. Her music played during my match and she ran in behind me, stood there for a minute and then just left without doing anything :lol: 

The authenticity is amazing.

• Haha 3