WWE 2K23

FLiam

55 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Just bought the game. Don't remember the last time I owned a WWE. I think it was 2012? It's been a while.

I know some of you guys have mentioned who the best CAW creators are, but don't want to look back through the thread to find them. Would any of you be so kind to post them again? Please?

Also, any tips for somebody that hasn't played a WWE game in forever?

Defract's CAWs are mind-blowing.

Also heard there's a lot of changes to the control, so the tutorial guide is likely going to be a good starting point even for old players.

• Like 1

I have no idea how it compares to 19, but it's a lot of fun. Played 3 matches today, Styles vs Balor, Styles and Balor vs New Day, and Samoa Joe vs Jeff Hardy. All three were back and forth, won the first match after kicking out of Balors finisher and hitting a Styles Clash. Did a tornado tag for the second match, was a bit chaotic, but managed to win when Woods couldn't get to break up the pin in time. Got my first submission victory after beating down Hardy enough with Joe.

Got a chance to check out the new DLC pack today - having a properly sized and proportioned Yokozuna (although, still a bit giving) in one of these games hasn't happened for years. Managed to do a triple threat between Yoko, Rikishi and Umaga and they all look really spot on.

• Like 1

I haven't gotten the DLC (waiting for the Season Pass to go on sale, which is what I usually do for any game), but I saw some clips of Umaga on the WWEGames subreddit and his selling looks spot-on (crazy flailing arms and whatnot). I'd really only be interested in Umaga and Yokozuna from this DLC pack, the others are ehhhhh.

• Like 2

Even though the interactions are there for most wrestlers of that size - Yokozuna's effortless push away at the start of the match whenever you try to grapple him, the Banzai drop, the running hip attack into the corner of a downed opponent - it's all pretty spot on.

• Like 1

You might have thought that "Win 500 matches" would be the most grindtastic of the MyFaction Lifetime Achievements, but no: it's the 5 Diamond cards that are going to take me well above the 500 match mark to acquire. The cunning bastards really cut back on the availability of WWE points (or whatever the name of those points you use in the Token Store are) in the later levels.

Meanwhile, am grateful for the non-fiend version of Alexa Bliss (ripped out of MyRise) being available for download from community creations. Creepy Schoolgirl Alexa annoys me and I was momentarily outraged that a 'normal' version of her existed in MyRise but not in any other game mode.

On 26/04/2022 at 22:18, tristy said:

I haven't gotten the DLC (waiting for the Season Pass to go on sale, which is what I usually do for any game), but I saw some clips of Umaga on the WWEGames subreddit and his selling looks spot-on (crazy flailing arms and whatnot). I'd really only be interested in Umaga and Yokozuna from this DLC pack, the others are ehhhhh.

I saw videos of the Umaga selling - pretty impressive.

Once the game goes on a proper sale I’m all over it.

I was having fun with this but since 1.08 it crashes and corrupts my save if i play GM mode. I've tried deleting everything and reinstalling all sorts but I've got no desire to create wrestlers anymore, play My Rise, Universe or GM because I'll lose everything. So I've only got My Faction to play as I don't lose that progress.

FAA1-D9-FD-06-FB-41-CF-BE3-F-BC5-F6114-F

My best WrestleMania cars so far. Was in easy as I was testing a method out. Might try it on normal next.

Draft was automatic. 
All except the Lesnar/Austin rivalry had been built up since week one.
I had back up Rivalries to cover any injuries but the way I booked kept near everyone above 50 in stamina. Only person  it on the final Card was Tamina. She lost the title to Naomi a week out because her rivalry was only lvl 3 against Alexa. 
Only regret is that I forgot to switch the tag match with the Women’s Title match, as I love hitting that Drama Curve.

Has anyone had experience with multiplayer on share play via ps parties?
I’m keen to give it a go but I have one friend who’s experienced the game so far and they’ve not touched myGM.

I’ve started a new myGM booking both shows. Raw vs Smackdown. 
I’ve kept it to the rosters and only sign people on permanent deals. After the big shows(SummerSlam etc) I’ll sign someone from the NXT ranks. It’s been real close so far. Currently heading towards SummerSlam. 
937f91fe8f165334b366b388dfea9d95.jpg

Really liking the gameplay. Was finally able to beat Roman on Legends difficulty, using Yokozuna, for the trophy. I'm playing through My Rise now though and it looks like I'm needing to move up to Raw or SmackDown, but the progression still shows I have a few storylines to complete. The thing is other than the Shakeup, I can't seem to access any. Anyone else run int this issue?

2 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

but the progression still shows I have a few storylines to complete. The thing is other than the Shakeup, I can't seem to access any. Anyone else run int this issue?

Sometimes they get lost deep within either the Social Media feed or DMs. It was really useful when I realised you could filter each to 'story' ones (with L1/R1? I forget).

Other than that, you may need to switch between Face/Heel to access some of them. There is usually a DM for this lurking somewhere too.

Yeah, I've turned heel and face a few times hoping something would pop. The only other story that's always there is Samoa Joe saying he has to defend the title unfairly. I've done it twice but that keeps popping up. At least there's no more trophies to earn so I think I'll just head to Raw or SD.

Newest update added MyRise characters like regular Nakamura, old man HBK, regular Alexa Bliss, etc to the base game and playable. At least they listened to people about that one - but there’s no chance they do characters that are exclusive to MyFaction.

But PPVs in Universe are still broken. I have an AEW one almost ready to go and I can’t do PPVs because it tells me my main show needs a Heavyweight champion set up to continue… which I do.

• Sad 1