WWE 2K23

FLiam

This is now available through PS Plus Extra, which means I am currently downloading it.

How is Universe mode, this time around? Does it work any better than previous versions?

I'm excited to go and start building my AEW roster.

11 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

This is now available through PS Plus Extra, which means I am currently downloading it.

How is Universe mode, this time around? Does it work any better than previous versions?

I'm excited to go and start building my AEW roster.

Haven't played Universe mode, only got it to do MyRise for a stream (which I'm considering putting a hold on now).

Do yourself a favor and avoid playing any Money in the Bank matches.

7 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Not quite sure how my Cedric Alexander bladed from a Triple H spinebuster but there you go.

Sounds like Cedric has been doing some studying under the great Jon Moxley.

I'm playing through a quick little MyGM right now. It's alright, but way too bare bones to keep me going back to it.

I have read that Universe doesn't have promos anymore, which could be a good thing, because I found them more tedious than anything else... but, that leads me to questions. Are there stories that run through Universe mode? Are there specific ways I can trigger them? Or is Universe now just a lesser version of TEW where you can play the matches and need to use your own creativity to fill in the stories completely?

There's rivalries and potential rivalries which will trigger cut scenes. Usually you end up seeing the same few over and over again. 

To be fair, I think the problems with universe mode are to do with making it more sandbox like for those who want to do things like an AEW universe. It's a very generic experience.

Universe question:

I'm trying to set up my PWG Universe currently. I did two exhibition tournaments to crown champions, and I have Cesaro set as PWG World Champion and the team of Murphy & Cedric Alexander as my PWG Tag Team Champs.

The issue I'm having is that I have created a team in the Roster Utility for Murphy & Alexander as the Blade Runners... but when I start a new universe and try to set them as champs, they're not even listed as an option. When I'm going through trying to edit the divisions, I'm getting them as options for the PWG World Title division, but not the Tag Team division.

How do I fix that? Or am I just shit out of luck here?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Universe question:

I'm trying to set up my PWG Universe currently. I did two exhibition tournaments to crown champions, and I have Cesaro set as PWG World Champion and the team of Murphy & Cedric Alexander as my PWG Tag Team Champs.

The issue I'm having is that I have created a team in the Roster Utility for Murphy & Alexander as the Blade Runners... but when I start a new universe and try to set them as champs, they're not even listed as an option. When I'm going through trying to edit the divisions, I'm getting them as options for the PWG World Title division, but not the Tag Team division.

How do I fix that? Or am I just shit out of luck here?

You create them as a team in universe in my universe not in the regular menus. Then you'll be all set.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, theshadow said:

You create them as a team in universe in my universe not in the regular menus. Then you'll be all set.

Thanks.

What a huge design flaw. You should be able to import a team once you've created them.