WWE 2K23

FLiam

Last night I watched my kid have a really compelling tag team cage match. He was Finn Balor and AJ Styles against Jake Roberts and Doink the Clown.

Also I was Road Dogg vs. Vince McMahon, Vince knocked me down and got on the second rope to taunt. He had his back turned, I got up and ran and hit him in the back. He fell and actually hit his face on the turnbuckle. It ruled.

• Like 1

And as much as I bitch I am convinced that this game it really really good. I really think 2K mostly nailed it, I do have some gripes but I'm not gonna focus on that in this post. 

I love the presentation, it's colorful and vibrant, looks great on my TV. Even with the active roster being kinda outdated the amount of different legends and DLC makes up for it. I mean yeah they're fucking nickel and diming us but eh, I'll deal with it. It's kind of wild to me (and I understand that this isn't exactly a new thing) that you have these built in legends, but also you can download CAWs that are insanely good to supplement your own roster. Like, it's a pretty limitless amount of shit you can do as a wrestling fan. 

Want to create a show for legends? Go for it. 

Want to have a separate roster of original CAWS, and a show for them? Fuck yeah, let's roll. You can give them their own custom belts to make it feel really unique.

Create a wrestler is ridiculously deep, and creating a move set is almost overwhelming (I don't have the patience anymore with how many unique moves and situations there are). That's not a criticism either because it allows very talented individuals create excellent CAWS. I mean some of the CAWS out there look amazing. 

It's a pretty deep game and I haven't even touched the Rey Mysterio story or MyRise.

Actually I love watching a SIM Royal Rumble of legends. I don't play, just watch and it's really entertaining. Randy Savage won one today. It came down to him and Kevin Nash. 

• Like 1

On 04/07/2022 at 11:26, TheGrandAvatar said:

You are all making me want to buy the game now 🥺

Decided to purchase the game since it is on sale over on the PSN Store. Looking forward to having a little bit of fun on a wrestling game. The last one played of the WWE series was 16 and 18 or 19. You are all to blame EWB. 

Much difference between PS4/PS5 versions?! Has me wondering. 

I started the Rey Mysterio stories. And I'm really bad at them, but I did atleast unlock Eddy.

I think I really need to adjust the reversal sliders.

I actually got really into Rey talking about the Eddy matches...made me a bit emotional listening to Rey talk about it.

• Like 1

Apparently this is free for the weekend on Xbox, gonna give it a go. Is My Rise the created character story mode?

The create a character menu is still so laggy. And so many move options.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2022 at 02:47, VerbalPuke said:

Actually I love watching a SIM Royal Rumble of legends. I don't play, just watch and it's really entertaining. Randy Savage won one today. It came down to him and Kevin Nash. 

I've become somewhat obsessed with them as well, first with a 1993 roster than "wrestlers whose name begins with A" won by Antonio Inoki, eliminating Ax to win.

I've found the custom created wrestlers are a bit OP compared to the ones on the game itself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a long time since I acquired a WWE game. Maybe when 2k16 was on games with gold. I picked this up after reading about it here. Definitely a worthwhile purchase, MyRise has been entertaining, looking forward to grabbing some CAWs and playing through universe and showcase. 

Was doing a sim Royal Rumble earlier featuring NXT/Cruiserweight talents and had a pretty cool moment.

Karrion Kross was out number two and ended up dominating and eliminating the first seven entrants one-by-one. Then A-Kid came in and started actually putting Kross on the back foot. Just as Drew Gulak made his entrance - Kross put down A-Kid with a slam and then he turned his attention to Gulak. Whipped him into the ropes and then gave him a boot over the top rope and decided to taunt Gulak. As soon as he turned round he was hit with a running clothesline by A-Kid and was eliminated. 

Almost seemed a scripted and star-making moment. A-Kid was eventually eliminated a few minutes later by Damian Priest.

• Like 4

It seems like the latest patch added in classic costumes for the Four Horsewomen and other characters from their NXT runs but that all seems to be locked to MyFaction - which is kind of lame.

I know people like MyFaction but man oh man is it kind of predatory and I don't like how a good chunk of the challenges rely on multi-person matches when a) the AI is REALLY bad at helping you stop pin breaks and even stops your finishers when they're in the ring targeting the same person and b) it's fairly easy for you to lose a challenge due to one poorly timed moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, apsham said:

I somehow missed that Dijakovic is just a playable character now, I know they added in a few but I hit random while testing new sliders and landed on him today. Nice!

Pretty sure that was a combination of initial fan outrage + Dijakovic tweeting at 2K to request they add that model in the exhibition/etc modes as well. I believe some of the others were regular Alexa Bliss, Shinsuke Nakamura and some others I'm forgetting. I know one was an HBK model.

On 29/07/2022 at 10:16, Chris2K said:

I've become somewhat obsessed with them as well, first with a 1993 roster than "wrestlers whose name begins with A" won by Antonio Inoki, eliminating Ax to win.

I've found the custom created wrestlers are a bit OP compared to the ones on the game itself.

I've definitely downloaded some CAWs that are 90 OVR and above. When I do a Universe Mode, I usually have to edit their stats in that mode to get them down to a reasonable level so they don't run roughshod over the division they're in.

• 2 months later...

My friend and I played a bunch of Royal Rumbles, we have a sort of loose arrangement that we try not to attack each other until the final 2. 

So middle of Rumble I'm Brock and I think he was Bossman? We're having a pose down waiting for the next entrant. So I noticed Brock has a low blow special. So right trigger plus Y and I hit that low blow. It was pretty damn funny.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Playing MyRise as a goofy character dubbed The Cheese Goblin, who is currently King of the Ring (and his crown is a deerstalker with the word "crown" written on it)

MattFreakinHardy.jpg