WWE 2K23

FLiam

10 hours ago, METALMAN said:

Why are these people taking away everything that I ever loved? What did I do to them?

you didn't stand up for WWE

• Sad 1

On 15/02/2023 at 18:10, Meacon Keaton said:

What is the nWo 4-life digital pack? My youngest still plays WWE 2k...19, I think, but if this 22 version is super discounted and has a bunch of wrestlers I enjoy then I may pick it up.

And has anyone played GM mode? I used to love it on the PS2 versions, but haven't heard much about this one.

Bueller...? Bueller...?

11 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Bueller...? Bueller...?

It gets you exclusive nWo versions for Hogan, Nash, Hall and X-Pac with unique black and white entrances with the original nWo theme (the versions of Hall and Nash that are included in the base game have slightly different attires and use the theme they had for a short while before they came up with Rockhouse) as well as a playable version of WCW-era Eric Bischoff. You also get the Souled Out 1997 and Bash At The Beach 1996 arenas and the nWo Wolfpac championship. And some kind of "gold" card pack for MyFaction mode.

• Thanks 1

Mot today, but late last night. Booted up NBA 2k22, lost to the Blazers in my Utah Jazz franchise. Turned on WWE 2k22 next, lost three straight matches, the last two in under five minutes. Not a fun night.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, the MyRise for the women's title is.... well, there was an attempt.

-Bayley gets Raw GM Mandy Rose (yeah I don't get it either) to appoint her Women's IC Champion. To win it from her you have to defeat international women's wrestlers, then go though a contrived passport process? This leads to a 455 day timeskip where you apparently just...  brood in the rafters doing fuck all in between I guess?

-Meanwhile on Smackdown, Lacy Evans got appointed by Vince McMahon to become Women's US Champion, the payoff of which is... that the title is immediately disbanded right after you win it.

-Every time a mystery or legend is hyped, it's Trish Stratus. Literally every time.

-Oh yeah and in the prologue of the campaign, you get to *immediately* debut on Raw, beating Sasha Banks, only to have to do all the PC stuff anyway which... what.

• Haha 2

Oh I forgot about the Angel Garza angle.

So you can have Angel Garza hook up with you. Someone (Liv I think, I'll see if I can check the in-game WWE Twitter and figure it out) will tell you he's just using you. If you don't decide to break up with him, he dumps you because he doesn't want to be tied down and... you just swoon for him anyway. Literally zero payoff if you go this route.

• Like 1

anyway, here's my women's career character, Alison D Ring, who won titles one piledriver at a time:

VwFHyeN.jpg

W3rFop6.jpg

UtKuo19.jpg

5BI7XVJ.jpg

• Like 3

On 02/03/2023 at 17:34, OctoberRaven said:

Man, the MyRise for the women's title is.... well, there was an attempt.

-Bayley gets Raw GM Mandy Rose (yeah I don't get it either) to appoint her Women's IC Champion. To win it from her you have to defeat international women's wrestlers, then go though a contrived passport process? This leads to a 455 day timeskip where you apparently just...  brood in the rafters doing fuck all in between I guess?

-Meanwhile on Smackdown, Lacy Evans got appointed by Vince McMahon to become Women's US Champion, the payoff of which is... that the title is immediately disbanded right after you win it.

-Every time a mystery or legend is hyped, it's Trish Stratus. Literally every time.

-Oh yeah and in the prologue of the campaign, you get to *immediately* debut on Raw, beating Sasha Banks, only to have to do all the PC stuff anyway which... what.

I mean, she's the only "Legend" available for that. Stephanie is an owner / gm / authority, Mickie is part of the roster and Beth is an NXT trainer... Chyna is dead. That leaves Trish... sorely lacking in women legends on the game clearly.

DLC Announced for 2k23:

DLC 1: Steiner Row Pack (April 19)

Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner
B-Fab (Manager only)
Top Dolla
Ashante Adonis

DLC 2: Pretty Sweet Pack (May 17)

Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Tiffany Stratton
Elton Prince
Kit Wilson

DLC 3: Race to NXT Pack (June 14)

Harley Race
Ivy Nile
Wendy Choo
Tony D’Angelo
Trick Williams

DLC 4: Revel with Wyatt Pack (July 19)

Bray Wyatt
Zeus
Valhalla
Joe Gacy
Blair Davenport

DLC 5: Bad News U Pack (August 16)

Eve Torres
Wade Barrett
Damon Kemp
Andre Chase
Nathan Frazer

• Like 4

Andre Chase!

Why the fuck are they putting in Zeus though? The only Zeus I ever want in a wrestling game is the one that tags with The Bodyguard Named Bodyguard

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Oh. Harley Race is going to be fun. Really hope they get Sammartino in sometime, or some other 70s Wrestlers. Give me a Gorrilla Monsoon please. 

Sammartino is in. The whole roster was posted in a spoiler tag on the last page.

• Thanks 1

To continue that tweet since it cuts itself off, the OP turned Omos' dives to 0 and submissions to 0 and he never did any of that across three matches that the OP played.

He does say this'll change how "AI matches play out", so now I'm a little confused if it's only for AI vs AI, which would be DUMB. Surely not. But this is 2K, so...

EDIT: Another (small) thing: created or default teams/stables work together in Rumble/battle royale matches now.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 5

Highly doubt it'd only be for AI vs AI matches - it's probably just a big boon to people who only watch the matches play out, which is super big in Fire Pro - and just not at all useful in 2K in the past due to how the AI logic worked out. They'll still use the same logic in a match versus a human opponent.

• Like 3