WWE 2K23

FLiam

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

On the plus side, you can defend the titles in triple threat and 4 way matches now.

They actually patched a couple of things including adding the Buckshot Lariat to the game (it is called Slingshot Lariat and only available to use a a Signature move or Finisher) among many other things. It is a pretty good patch.

• Like 3

There's a user doing a King's Road project with a ton of 80s and 90s AJPW content that looks great. His creator name is MCPunk or MCPunk#27024 - not sure how to search those, but if you look for a Kawada or any of the pillars really, he's going to be one of the only results and you can find his profile from there.

• Like 1

Caved and got this, was gonna wait a while to see if it went down in price. Really enjoying it so far, I feel its improved upon 2k22 which is a good step.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I've found a small glitch where winning a Faction Wars match by submission doesn't register the first time, and the match continues.

That is not a match type where you want it to continue any longer than it has to.

That is specifically more of a pain in the ass because getting a submission win before the opponents can even get in the ring is the best way to win those matches because of how useless your partners are with pinfalls.

• Like 3

On 23/04/2023 at 15:04, DavidMarrio said:

Caved and got this, was gonna wait a while to see if it went down in price. Really enjoying it so far, I feel its improved upon 2k22 which is a good step.

Same. Price drop sold me, but I also really enjoyed 2K22, probably the most time I've spent on a wrestling game since... Here Comes the Pain probably? Maybe Fire Pro Returns? Not that it had a particularly high bar to clear, but after not touching a WWE game since '13, I was really impressed with how far this series has come. They're thisclose to scratching my itch for "a wrestling game that lets me do whatever I want," but I think that last bit will be the toughest to accomplish.

It's actually bittersweet how much I'm enjoying this game because I can only think how much more fun I would be having if I had a wrestling game like this at age 14 when I had more time and friends could come play any time. I'm just thinking of how awesome a 4-person Universe mode would be where we have our own drafts and then play each other's shows. Getting old is getting old, friends.

Still though. After all these years. Why won't they let me create a Royal Rumble with pinfalls/submission eliminations instead of over the ropes? 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, zero said:

It's actually bittersweet how much I'm enjoying this game because I can only think how much more fun I would be having if I had a wrestling game like this at age 14 when I had more time and friends could come play any time. I'm just thinking of how awesome a 4-person Universe mode would be where we have our own drafts and then play each other's shows.

I often feel like this. I could have so much more fun playing these kinds of games if I had other people to enjoy them with.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I often feel like this. I could have so much more fun playing these kinds of games if I had other people to enjoy them with.

And the stuff I want to do, can't really be done online. I'd love to see something like a WWE 2K e-fed, but I just don't know how it would logistically work out for adult humans. Youth is wasted on the young, Bob!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zero said:

Still though. After all these years. Why won't they let me create a Royal Rumble with pinfalls/submission eliminations instead of over the ropes? 

I enjoy how this is still your metric for wrestling games. It's like how every Spider-Man game up until the PS4 one had people being like "Does it have web swinging like 2?" "No." "Never mind then."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

I enjoy how this is still your metric for wrestling games. It's like how every Spider-Man game up until the PS4 one had people being like "Does it have web swinging like 2?" "No." "Never mind then."

It's my white whale, Ellis. I will never let this go. IT WAS IN NO MERCY WHICH CAME OUT 22 YEARS AGO! How is no one else clamoring for this?! I think it's because to this day a lot of people still don't realize you can do it in No Mercy. Falls Count Anywhere, backstage brawling Royal Rumbles - it's great! Infinite replay value! Total chaos! 

I got SO EXCITED when I saw the "create rules" feature in 2022, which allows you to select Royal Rumble... then discovered all the modifiers are locked. 😑

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zero said:

It's my white whale, Ellis. I will never let this go. IT WAS IN NO MERCY WHICH CAME OUT 22 YEARS AGO! How is no one else clamoring for this?! I think it's because to this day a lot of people still don't realize you can do it in No Mercy. Falls Count Anywhere, backstage brawling Royal Rumbles - it's great! Infinite replay value! Total chaos! 

I got SO EXCITED when I saw the "create rules" feature in 2022, which allows you to select Royal Rumble... then discovered all the modifiers are locked. 😑

No Mercy 40-man Royal Rumbles with falls count anywhere, no DQ, and first blood eliminations always made for a full hour-long match or longer for me.  Loved it.

The closest I've ever had since then were the MDickie games where I had all of those same parameters but added the hilarious stipulation of making it a massive Lucha de Apuestas match where all the losers instantly ago bald.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, apsham said:

it's stupidly fun and it's even on the Switch.

It's absurd there is such a lack of wrestling games for the Switch. I know the days of different WWE games on different systems, but if I were 2K, I'd do what EA did with NHL 94 Rewind with WrestleMania 2000/No Mercy for the Switch. 

14 hours ago, apsham said:

Wrestling Empire is the secret underdog of "just play a wrestling game and  have some fun" - despite how it looks, despite how it's made at the whims of a basicallyinsane person - it's stupidly fun and it's even on the Switch.

I can never get as into MDickie games as I should, and I think part of is that I find watching other people play them far funnier than actually playing them myself. I could watch New Legacy Inc play them all day long. 

Maybe if I was streaming them, or playing with others, I'd enjoy it more, as the fun comes from just sharing in the chaos and the absurdity of it all.

• Like 1