WWE 2K23

FLiam

14 hours ago, zero said:

It's absurd there is such a lack of wrestling games for the Switch. I know the days of different WWE games on different systems, but if I were 2K, I'd do what EA did with NHL 94 Rewind with WrestleMania 2000/No Mercy for the Switch. 

I held the smallest of hopes that they'd bring Fire Pro Wrestling World to the Switch, but I think that's just been a nightmare for them to... coherently develop on the PC itself, and then they probably don't want to take the time to hook it up to the same kind of Workshop that the PC version has, and that in and of itself probably eliminates 85% of the interest that people would have in it.

2 hours ago, Skummy said:

I can never get as into MDickie games as I should, and I think part of is that I find watching other people play them far funnier than actually playing them myself. I could watch New Legacy Inc play them all day long. 

Maybe if I was streaming them, or playing with others, I'd enjoy it more, as the fun comes from just sharing in the chaos and the absurdity of it all.

I go through my phases with it for sure. Honestly, most of the time the matches are secondary to what insane stories can land - especially when you get into a company that is basically WCW - the Eric Bischoff adjacent booker tells you that you have to lose your next match, and it turns out that it's against him. The beauty of MDickie games is that I KNOW that it was not programmed like that - it just... kind of happened.

I haven't played since the updates that added the roaming mode and lord knows what else - so it's going to be an interesting dive back in.

I think I still have my old copies of his games laying around that he was selling hard copies of before paid downloads became more widely accepted. Federation Online and Boxers Story I think they were. Hell, I'm pretty sure my name might be in Federation Online as one of the training school students.

• Like 1

I did reinstall Wrestling Empire and went back to my old Career save. I remember going through and renaming everyone their proper names and I'm like 10 years deep into this career mode already so I thought I would continue it.

• So there is a roam mode, like the old Smackdown games. You walk around and actually have time before the show starts and then you actually have to make it to the Gorilla Position in time to make it out for your match when the timer goes green - but you can take the subway, talk to people, go to the gym, etc. It's actually... quite insane.
  • He seems to have added more weapons and stuff - including just... an actual portrait of the Ultimate Warrior. Just, straight up. Nothing obfuscating about it. Just a painting of him you can hit people with. Sure.
  • I went out for my first match - a 24 person battle royal that eliminates you when you're low on health. Knew I'd have no chance of winning, but at least I stayed in it long enough to remember that Viscera got taken under the wing of Tiger Mask and now wears that attire.
  • Speaking of things I forgot about, my character gained weight and took over Earthquake's gimmick apparently so that's fun.
  • After the match, I can walk around for a bit but I decide to leave the arena and go to the hotel to sleep. Literally just a bunch of characters randomly standing and roaming in every are you go to, the middle of the road in the street, etc. I go to the hotel. It's a dingy room and it contains Doink the Clown, a bundle of dynamite and Ricky Steamboat. I don't know what is happening.
  • Apparently my next match is an Exploding Barbed Wire match again... Bruno Sammartino. Okay.

This is within 10 minutes of booting this dumb game up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Big patch out today:

• Candice LeRae & Mia Yim added
  • Tired finishers return
  • CAW championship motions for Adam Cole, Samoa Joe, Sasha Banks, Kyle O'Reilly and a few others
  • Bug fixes

Tired finishers? So what, like, Cena doing an AA and just falling on the opponent after for the pin?

16 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Tired finishers? So what, like, Cena doing an AA and just falling on the opponent after for the pin?

Yeah, like HBK hits Sweet Chin Music and collapses. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/06/2023 at 10:45, BuddyAwesome said:

I gave up on creating my own wrestlers years ago. Way too complex for my time. 

Ya, I had grand ambitions for WWE 2k22 to create a shit load of original CAWs. The attire is easy enough, but the move sets are just completely overwhelming. Getting into combos and shit, forget it. 

It's great to have that option available but I just can't justify spending hours deciding which of the 22 super kicks is just right.

• Like 4

I usually would just assign my original CAWs the moveset of whatever in-game wrestler seemed like their ring style would suit the most.  Maybe change finishers and a couple of grapple moves and that’s it.  Way too overwhelming otherwise.

Also in a Royal Rumble everyone enters to the same theme because I just can’t be bothered to waste time on entrances when I skip them after one or two viewings.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's ridiculous how disposable video games have become. I completely understand ceasing all updates after the next yearly installment comes out, I'd even be fine with shutting off online PLAY, but to turn off community creations is just a slap in the face to the people who make these games playable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, zero said:

It's ridiculous how disposable video games have become. I completely understand ceasing all updates after the next yearly installment comes out, I'd even be fine with shutting off online PLAY, but to turn off community creations is just a slap in the face to the people who make these games playable.

It's just bad faith by certain companies, we all joke about Activision etc. but Modern Warfare on PS3 still has it's servers online.

2k have linked their career mode in NBA with online so when the servers drop you can't really even play the single player.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...