WWE 2K23

FLiam

On 16/03/2023 at 17:40, Hellraiser said:

I figured it out. The instructions say that you can either dodge or counter his moves three times. But in practice only dodging works.

So you gotta keep rollin rollin rollin

15 hours ago, probablyoliver said:

In MyFaction, is it still mostly just 4v4 matches? That was perhaps my favourite mode last year, but I hated how everything was 4v4.

There's a lot of other match types than that. I think I've only done one faction at 4v4 the rest has been 1v1 or 2v2 really. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Trey said:

Have they fixed the issues of random wrestlers showing up as the preview for CAWs a majority of the time once you downloaded a good chunk of them? 

I know it seems small but it drove me absolutely crazy having half my roster looking like the same person as I'm scrolling through and was just curious. Really wanted to wait for AEW's game since I have 2k22 but the positive reviews are tempting. 

Along these same lines, have they fixed the game crashing when creating tag teams in universe mode?

• Like 1

I used to quite like playing Universe Mode back on WWE '12 because of how it would work a bit like an old-style season mode. In more recent entries, I've noticed that it has options to choose who wins and it makes me wonder if it's possible to just let things play out according to the whim of the AI. Is it just EWR without any management gameplay now?

Played a wee bit of 2k22 but this is my first proper experience with a WWE game in almost a decade. It's fantastic! Love all the little touches, some of the animations are so lifelike. 5 star matches actually feel like that. Glad I picked it up. 

I found a Kurt Angle CAW with hair. In the 2nd attire slot there is a version of him that is bald with a TNA attire and including the stubble he had at the time. And it is note made from scratch. It is based on the in-game version of him. How does that work? Did the creator somehow manage to upload a hacked version of him to Community Creations? Or is that some sort of MyFaction unlockable?

I'm doing an AI only Universe mode, but trying to move some of the sliders to make them more entertaining matches. Unfortunately Damian Priest just beat Omos in 2 minutes after one finisher with Omos only on yellow body damage, so maybe I've overpowered finishers a bit.

I've also chucked all the unlocked legends into a WCW show, so look forward to Hulk Hogan vs. Doink the Clown in an arena near you.

• Haha 4

On 18/03/2023 at 19:22, probablyoliver said:

In MyFaction, is it still mostly just 4v4 matches? That was perhaps my favourite mode last year, but I hated how everything was 4v4.

The only thing that you should care about is that there's finally a decent Eddie Kingston... if you remove the weird beard that the creator gave me. And also give him a proper render. But that's still a big step up over last year!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, apsham said:

The only thing that you should care about is that there's finally a decent Eddie Kingston... if you remove the weird beard that the creator gave me. And also give him a proper render. But that's still a big step up over last year!

Uh, hi Eddie.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, apsham said:

Sold!

I think I'm going to wait for a sale either way. RE4 and Jedi Survivor are both coming in the next few weeks, so they'll tide me over until WWE starts going on sale.

• Like 1

But in general, yeah. There's far fewer issues that I'm finding like... you know, editing a wrestler and having all of their textures just delete and stop working. It feels like it's at a point of stability that it usually takes months to reach with some little nice touches aside from that. Haven't been able to put a TON of time into it due to work, but it's been hell of a lot easier to work with.

Oh.

And also, specifically from a pain in the ass I think you had too @probablyoliver - you can import and export wrestlers into the MyRise modes. For instance, I just took the Kris Statlander that I downloaded and have been using her for the female MyRise.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Uh, hi Eddie.

If only.

• Like 1

Just now, apsham said:

But in general, yeah. There's far fewer issues that I'm finding like... you know, editing a wrestler and having all of their textures just delete and stop working. It feels like it's at a point of stability that it usually takes months to reach with some little nice touches aside from that. Haven't been able to put a TON of time into it due to work, but it's been hell of a lot easier to work with.

Oh.

And also, specifically from a pain in the ass I think you had too @probablyoliver - you can import and export wrestlers into the MyRise modes. For instance, I just took the Kris Statlander that I downloaded and have been using her for the female MyRise.

If only.

Final question, is it cross play? Because I wanna beat you up.

1 hour ago, probablyoliver said:

Oh shit.

In that case I might need to buy it now. I wanna kick apshams butt.

Hang on, I know it's PS4 to PS5 but not sure it's PS to Xbox. Also, you won't platinum it.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just came across a pretty tough glitch when playing throb MyRise. Apparently if you import a created wrestler for your MyRise as The Lock, there's a training match you have to do a running front grapple and unless you're using the default moveset it will never register you did the move. There goes 3-4 hours of game play for nothing. 

• Sad 1