WWE 2K23

FLiam

Looking forward to giving war games ago and I like the fact finally in the Royal Rumble that if you are in a stable or tag team they actually help the partner. Used to annoy me when there was like 6 already in the ring and Big E comes in and straight away attacks Kofi Kingston

• Like 1

So coming from someone who hasn't played an 2k, is 2k20 really that bad? Every review I read for 2k23 is basically like "2k20 was a real piece of shit... but this year improves on 2k22!"

And from what I read I couldn't figure out if War Games was just an offline match or can it be played online as well?

I made a late decision to pre-order the deluxe version, not sure where I'll find £85 lying around, but everything I'd seen about the game so far was impressive enough for me to splash out.

I foolishly thought I could download 71GB in 2 hours, in fact I only got to 20GB, so I'm sat here watching a CPU v CPU Roman vs. Brock match until I go to bed. It looks so good on PS5, and the match has been pretty entertaining too.

(Roman won after kicking out of an F5, Brock kicked out of a Spear, Roman hit a second Spear to win. Genuinely exciting.)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DYSI said:

So coming from someone who hasn't played an 2k, is 2k20 really that bad? Every review I read for 2k23 is basically like "2k20 was a real piece of shit... but this year improves on 2k22!"

2k20 was incredibly broken on release. Game-breaking bugs for the most basic stuff (after one update, trying to access literally any menu item would crash the game), lots of graphical and animation errors. Gameplay was janky, but no worse than some of the other games in the franchise, by the time everything had been patched, but it should never have been released in the state it was in. 

• Like 1

The gameplay is REALLY good. Just played, and lost, my first War Games match. I really enjoy how hard the matches on Legend difficulty can be, perfect for the trophy challenges. The matches are just so epic. Beat Brock as Kofi, but can not beat Roman no matter who I try as. Bron Breakker is a blast to use! And playing through some Showcase, I'd forgotten about the Triple H/Cena match from Night of Champions which I thought was really good. Might have to rewatch that today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:

I need help in the Cena showcase match with The Undertaker at Vengeance 2003. The game tells me to counter or dodge Cena's attacks 3 times. I do that the entire time but the counter just doesn't go up. What am I doing wrong?

It's impossible to dodge something you cannot see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:

I'm still stuck in that match btw. I can't figure the breaking a move thing out.

Edit: I somehow did it by accident.

For the future it's just rather than reversing it's guessing if they are going for weak or strong attack/grapple and pressing the corresponding button 

• Like 1

They still can't make Hogan look right. His face is too old (for the old school version), his hair colour is too bright and it is a bit too long, his mustache is a bit too long and bushy (again for the old school version) and the way the bandana kinda floats on his had just looks weird. He is also too buff. Even in his prime he wasn't that huge.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Haha 3

I haven't played any 2k prior and I can say that I'm thoroughly enjoying 2k23. I played it a couple hours yesterday and really got a decent feel for the controls pretty easily. I haven't done too many modes yet but the MyGM has been  great so far - although I'm still trying to get a hang of actually putting on solid shows to pop a decent rating in game. 

Still not sure how a show with Faarooq and Jake The Snake in the main event is rated about the same when I'm running out Bret/Danielson/Kingston/Rollins >_>

• Like 2

2k22 joined the PS Plus lineup, so I snagged it. Then I played a whole bunch and made a mental list of things that I wanted to see added, and then 2k23 comes out and it seems they've added most of those things.

How is Universe now, with the ability to force rivals actions being added in? It's not exactly what I had in mind in regards to controlling our own stories, but it's a hell of a start.

• Like 1

Have they fixed the issues of random wrestlers showing up as the preview for CAWs a majority of the time once you downloaded a good chunk of them? 

I know it seems small but it drove me absolutely crazy having half my roster looking like the same person as I'm scrolling through and was just curious. Really wanted to wait for AEW's game since I have 2k22 but the positive reviews are tempting.