WWE 2K23

FLiam

9 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I just bought it but haven't explored.

Though I supposedly earned 3000 VC for a Royal Rumble but then it wasn't available to spend? Like it just didn't give me what I thought I earned.

Then I noticed some matches gave me no VC. Is this another WWE game where I might as well by the 5 dollar thing to just unlock everybody?

I don't think so. I've been playing maybe once a week for the last month or so, just a couple matches a night and I only have 3 people left to unlock. As long as you're having competitive matches, it's pretty easy to earn the VC to unlock them. 

24 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I don't think so. I've been playing maybe once a week for the last month or so, just a couple matches a night and I only have 3 people left to unlock. As long as you're having competitive matches, it's pretty easy to earn the VC to unlock them. 

What if my matches aren't competitive :shifty:

I'm awful at anything more than easy.. .

Yeah I ended up just buying the accelerator.

I'm really having fun with this game, it still feels very similar to the other WWE games but everything just looks better and flows better. I actually get a decent challenge on easy mode (anything better than easy and I get fucking stomped) which I like. CAW is still robust so I'll probably go downloading.

I have a ton of my own CAWS i want to make, plus AEW dudes, plus legends. 100 is the max isn't it?

I did a fun Last Man Standing match as Jake Roberts vs. Jerry Lawler in the Nitro arena. I brained him with a chair to win, the dick reverse ld my DDT attempt on the arena floor so I went a different route.

• Like 1

Ok so fatal four-way with Dakota Kai, Ember Moon, Kyleigh Rae, and Mandy Rose. 

Really funml match but a few odd quirks. I was Dakota Kai here. I pinned Rae but Ember like slid in the ring, did a weird glotchy knee thing that broke the count and slid out again. Was kinda cheap and weird.

Otherwise, match was bad ass and I won with Dakota!

• Like 1

I at least open the game everyday just for the myFACTION thing. I really need to start evolving my cards. They’re just say there. Still haven’t completed a myRise but still do at least a 15week myGM every now and then.

Honestly, it's the CAW's that have me continually toying with the idea of picking this up while I wait for Fight Forever and The Wrestling Code to get release dates.

Knowing that I can fill 100 slots with quality creations and go wild with my own universe makes it really tough to keep myself from buying this. Being broke has been my saving grace the past couple of weeks, because if I had the cash, I probably would have grabbed it.

The only real concern with the CAWs, of course, is the logo limits.  Generally it is a good idea to download an entire stable from the same creator if possible, both for consistency purposes but also because they repurpose logos.

For example, Defract's Jericho is the gold standard but uses a ton of logos particularly in his ring jacket, which I personally don't care about as I end up skipping entrances before long.

Iconic's Jericho isn't quite as good but if you download his entire set of JAS wrestlers, the game will recognize Jericho, Menard, Parker, and Garcia as all using the exact same JAS logo, making the other three copies of the logo now show as being unused and making them easy to delete.

Ditto for teams like the Bucks, FTR etc.  I always make sure teams come from the same creator if I can.

Yeah trying to manage logos and stuff like that and with the jank of the 2K system for handling that stuff has led to me putting a ton of time into making a roster, clearing out anything "unused" and losing most of the custom textures on my guys which kind of sucks.

I find often times a lot of these CAWs look good and then in motion, they look off - or even in the reverse. Something static in the editor looks off but when you actually get it in the game it's much better.

Having not been able to enjoy 2K22 yet due to technical reasons, is the CC cross platform?  Also anyone good who makes good non wrestler CAWS? (Fictional characters mostly)?

Edited by Warhawk8492

Sometimes this game is fun, and sometimes it's so fucking frustrating and irritating. I really don't think I like the controls, feels like my character misses grapples, strikes, just does weird shit in general. Or I just get the fucking shit beaten out of me for minutes on end and can't do anything about it. 

• Sad 1

On 02/07/2022 at 04:56, BuddyAwesome said:

I'm very pleasantly surprised that Doink is his heel version! Definitely was not expecting that. 

if you have run-ins turned on, sometimes an additional Doink will interfere, which is a brilliant touch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The community downloads have possibly topped anything I could have expected. I felt like doing a Royal Rumble based on WWF 1993 and went to find a Mr. Hughes, thinking to myself "imagine if someone had made a [former Welsh footballer, now manager] Mark Hughes".

And of course there is a facially accurate Mark Hughes to download, resplendent in his managerial suit. And the Mr. Hughes I found looks phenomenal as well.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...