WWE 2K23

FLiam

14 hours ago, Pooker said:

While I'm having tons of fun playing just random exhibition matches, starting an AEW universe is the main reason I wanted the game. I hope it's fixed soon.

I have an AEW universe going in mine and I think I have about 40 people on the roster. If you are waiting on the custom image issue to be fixed I think it's safe for you to get that started. 

Checked out the new DLC today and once again I'm impressed! Cactus Jack doesn't just look like a Mick Foley 2022 model with Cactus Jack clothes on and much like Umaga, he has a properly fitting moveset and animations! Vader looks great as well and has his "IT'S TIME, IT'S TIME, IT'S VADER TIME" theme this time around.

On 17/05/2022 at 07:08, Pooker said:

Nah, it's the custom PPVs not working during certain months.

I found a simple work around, if you're interested.

Start a new Universe and just delete all of the PPVs except for the ones in February/March (Revolution), May (Double or Nothing), August/September (All Out) and November (Full Gear). Do the same thing if you want to use shows like Beach Break, Winter Is Coming, etc. But I'm ignoring those and sticking with the big four.

My Universe is coming along. Renders are "fixed", but they look wonky in the tag team portion. I'm also a complete psycho and don't want my Miro render to have the TNT title if he's not the champion, and that's really the only good renders there are, so I had to use a slightly older Rusev one. Sucks, but it works. I'm nearly done with the roster, but having Dark and Rampage as minor shows, and certain people like Danielson, Punk, Jericho, etc not working minor shows is going to be a godsend for letting this massive roster all have matches.

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought I would try and tweak the popularity stats for my GM based on the EWR stats seeing as they’d be less skewed and holy shit.

I’ll admit, I’ve been out of the EWR scene for a minute but those stats are way off. I did only check overness but wow.

still made the changes and I can pick up 23 superstars for under $100k each with Indi Hartwell for $28K

it is what it is 

Edited by Rocky

So this is pretty fun. Playing universe mode as a single wrestler doesn’t really work if you pick someone in a tag team though. I’ve done Imperium vs Breezango eight weeks out of 10. Got to request two singles matches, and they gave me Barthel vs Aichner both times as well. Apart from that, it is decent.

Had two five star matches yesterday. First was CM Punk vs Tanahashi for the AEW World heavyweight. Was a fun back and forth, needed two G2S and a Pepsi Plunge to finish him off.

Second match, I forgot I had changed the difficulty to legend to get the Roman Reigns achievement. After getting the achievement, I purchased Goldberg and Jake Roberts from the store and ran a match between them. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't keep Roberts down, then remembered it was still on legendary.  The Snake kicked out of three Jackhammers, reverses another three, hit me with three DDTs with the final DDT putting Goldberg away for good. Never expected a five star match from them.

• Haha 1

My first match I was Buddy Murphy vs Chad Gable, and I really enjoyed it. Thank you thank you thank you fucking jesus I can button mash when pinned. Gameplay is super fun, cool reversals, good crowd reactions, match felt organic, and everything looks really good.

Just one match but I'm really impressed.

Although...when Buddy Murphy came out he was acting very House of Black like and the commentators mention him joining the Messiah? Are the updates that real world?

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

Although...when Buddy Murphy came out he was acting very House of Black like and the commentators mention him joining the Messiah? Are the updates that real world?

Buddy was aligned with Seth Rollins who was the Monday Night Messiah before he left the WWE.

• Thanks 1

Is anyone still playing this? I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong because I'm trying to level up my Ilja Dragunov Evo card and one of the things is doing 30 Springboard Attacks but I push the right buttons and he just won't do them for some reason

I just bought it but haven't explored.

Though I supposedly earned 3000 VC for a Royal Rumble but then it wasn't available to spend? Like it just didn't give me what I thought I earned.

Then I noticed some matches gave me no VC. Is this another WWE game where I might as well by the 5 dollar thing to just unlock everybody?