WWE 2K23

FLiam

I would have only opted for the PC version if the modding side was that much better than console but I'm not really sure it is. Having the AEW roster in game can be done on any platform obviously, but is it possible to add music and titantron videos to the PC version or don't people bother?

9 minutes ago, Baddar said:

but is it possible to add music and titantron videos to the PC version or don't people bother?

People generally don't bother, but fwiw the hacking scene is significant on PC. Which can be both good (lots of stuff they add/change in the game to enhance gameplay/fun) or bad (cheaters everywhere).

Also, one of the most baffling things about the PC version is the resolution being tied to the graphics settings (I think?)... I can't even put it onto full screen with the correction resolution as the game crashes every time I try to do that.

Okay, now I've managed to do it, but only if I put it in full screen on a lower resolution and then switch it up after. Silly. and it just crashed again after I tabbed out of it while it was in full screen. Good lord.

• Confused 1

I can't see myself getting this at all (might cave if there's a decent sale on post-DLC release and they've patched any issues) but I'm always amazed at the ability of the CAW creators. Some of the stuff I see posted around Twitter is genuinely great when I think about how CAWs used to be forever ago.

Just look at this Okada!

FN_6amKWUAgHq7z?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4

Yeah, Defract is incredible and has been for a while now. I remember he had pretty good stuff on 2K19, too. There's also a guy (WhatsTheStatus, I think?) that is making and uploading characters that are exclusive to the MyFACTION mode, or MyRISE - Alexa Bliss in non-Fiend or whatever attire, regular Nikki Cross, 1997 Shawn Michaels, 1998 Triple H, etc.

I know Reddit is a cesspool but r/WWEGames is a pretty good source to find some incredible CAWs.

Oh boy. I've had at least 8 crashes so far in maybe an hour and a half of playing. First few times was after I downloaded Defract's Omega, that probably put me over that image limit that causes crashes in Universe. So I deleted all CAWs, areans, titles, etc except for 4 CAWs (Omega, Christian, Jericho and Moxley). Still crashed. So I deleted those four, and still no change. I went back into the game, and was tabbing through stuff like custom MITB briefcases and stuff just to make sure nothing was left - crashed just tabbing through the deletion utility.

Every other mode works, I just did some MyFACTION stuff while listening to William Regal's Talk is Jericho episode.

A patch is needed for the Universe/image cap ASAP, man.

EDIT: So, if anyone has this bug even after deleting everything: I found a comment on r/WWEGames that said to go into Online > Community Creations > Image Manager > Local > Deletion Utility and clear out any unused images. I've got no CAWs, arenas, nothing - and I had like 270 unused images.  Good lord.

Edited by tristy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I caved earlier this week.  I really didn't have any interest in this even a few weeks ago but between the positive comments here and from reviewers I trust, the cross-platform CAWs, plus the looming possibility that EA could be taking over WWE games and bringing this series to the end of the road, I decided to just go for it.  Plus I forgot I had a $30 Best Buy gift card from my birthday, so it was like I got it for half off.

I'm having a lot of fun.  Definitely still working through the learning curve of gameplay as it's so different from what I'm used to but I can see how matches flow far more nicely than they have in previous games.  The element of luck involved when you're caught in a combo and need to try to guess the next move prevents matches from being an endless reversal-fest.  It feels more arcadey without abandoning all of the sim aspects.

My biggest gripe at the moment is that targeting in multi-man matches seems horrid, might need to fiddle with the settings a bit.  You can manually switch targets of course but in a battle royal setting it's a lot harder to do that effectively, the CPU can often get a free shot on you before your target changes.  Last night I lost a battle royal because Cesaro (who I wasn't targeting) just flat out snuck behind me and clotheslined me over the top and out in one move.  I hadn't even had any damage done to me yet.  I was equal parts pissed off yet also impressed that they've made battle royals challenging for once.  Getting the achievement for winning a Rumble from #1 is gonna be reeeeeally tough this year.

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Still reeling from the whiplash of going straight from feuding over Oney Lorcan's phone to fighting Hulk Hogan in Japan. These NXT storylines are mental.

I was doing my morning "open up all the threads to see new posts" routine and I was really stopped in my tracks here before I realized I was in the game thread.

• Like 3

This may be a slight exaggeration, but I'm fairly confident that playing a 6 man MITB ladder match in this game is the worst experience any human is capable of having.

Oh, and I have no option to back out, lower the difficulty, or anything else that might curtail the suffering. Guess my MyRise save is never progressing then.

16 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

This may be a slight exaggeration, but I'm fairly confident that playing a 6 man MITB ladder match in this game is the worst experience any human is capable of having.

Oh, and I have no option to back out, lower the difficulty, or anything else that might curtail the suffering. Guess my MyRise save is never progressing then.

That happened to me too. I just started a new character :( 

No where near as bad as that. There's at least the mechanic that puts people out of the match for a period of time and the fact that pulling down the briefcase is a shared meter between everyone, but it can still be a pain. I've gotten lucky and had the AI ignore me every time I've won one.

8 hours ago, stokeriño said:

That was me during a 5-way match I got booked into.  Perfect storm.  Two guys were tangled up in a grapple at ringside, a third guy was recovering from having to roll out of the ring.  Even so, the third dude jumped into the ring and was in the "break up the pin" jump animation as the ref counted 3.

Just horrendous.  Like it's fine to have them in the game but my god, don't make it be a match you HAVE to win to keep the story going.  You can just have the story continue with a loss and find another way to continue things.  I mean they already do that with some of the other stories, losing changes the outcome as it should.  But making it a must-win match when the match is complete luck?  Not cool.

I did a Royal Rumble, which got a 5 star rating and loads of points for signature moves, unique offense etc from everybody.  Earned like 65 VC.  At that rate, how the hell is anyone actually supposed to buy all the legends when they cost 1,000 VC a pop? 

I didn't mind grinding to earn the legends in 2k18 because you earned VC relatively quickly, but this game is pretty much begging you to spend the extra $5 to unlock everyone.  Especially when many of the good CAWs use legend parts.

3 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

I did a Royal Rumble, which got a 5 star rating and loads of points for signature moves, unique offense etc from everybody.  Earned like 65 VC.  At that rate, how the hell is anyone actually supposed to buy all the legends when they cost 1,000 VC a pop? 

I didn't mind grinding to earn the legends in 2k18 because you earned VC relatively quickly, but this game is pretty much begging you to spend the extra $5 to unlock everyone.  Especially when many of the good CAWs use legend parts.

This is why I (as a trophy geek) checked whether there were any "buy/unlock everything" trophies in this game before buying it... Because if there were, it would either annoy me forever or I would sacrifice a significant portion of my life to such stupidity.

Meanwhile, can't get into MyFaction at all due to some network connection error... Is this a common thing? All Google tells me to do is restart the game/console/etc. until it works, but that appears to do nowt.