FIFA 23

Dang117

Got this for Christmas.  Haven't played a FIFA game in years and I do generally like to get one of each sports game once I get a new console (got the PS5 a few months ago).

As someone who hasn't played FIFA in ages I started my player career on the 2nd lowest difficulty to get my feet wet, and then promptly scored a double hat trick in the 2nd friendly for NYCFC.

So yeah, guess I'll be bumping that up.  Cannot believe there's an even easier one than that.

• Haha 2

Into my 3rd season at Blackburn Rovers and it is really getting a lot of fun now with the quality of players at the club. The youth set up has found me some decent talent. England Manager also. Like to think that my FA Cup and League Cup double helped get that job. So far we are 4th. Into Europe and advancing out the group stage of the Conference League with Rovers. Best moment was a massive game at Rangers on a cold snowy winter night. 

Can't fucking wait for these World Cup players to be out of my team. I didn't even complete level 10, somehow I'm 8 players short.

Only regret is now I won't be able to use Messi who's been a blast. Jairzinho is going to be a beautiful replacement at RW, though. 

• Thanks 1

I did a wacky game save where I effectively turned the English Football system into a super league.

The initial Premier League features the top ranked team in 20 different countries.  You can pretty much tell which teams are going to be relegated straight away on talent discrepancy, but the top of the league will be fun with Man City, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich, and Inter competing.

The Championship then has the top ranked teams from all of the other remaining countries in the game, with the remainder of the league being filled by the best teams in the game regardless of league or country.  Once again, you can pretty well tell which teams are going to go down immediately.  Some teams like the Shamrock Rovers (#598) or Bengalaru (#598) are just going to get absolutely battered all year.  But it'll be fun to see if there's anything at all they can do to stop their seemingly inevitable slide into the bottom of the League Two table.

Leagues One and Two are also filled with the remaining best teams in the game, capping off the weird with me playing as Ted Lasso and AFC Richmond in League Two.  Somehow this team of fake players actually would've warranted being in League One based on team rating but I felt League Two would just make it more of a fun grind.

Super League - atrocious idea in real life, fun idea in a video game.

• Like 1

Pulled 95 rated World Cup Icon Zidane from an upgrade pack. Please and thank you.

Still shite at the actual games though. Seems very hit and miss, some players just trounce me and my players seem useless and other times the opposite way.

Cannot stop people who run at me (yet very bad at doing the same myself). End up with opponents just running circles around me in the box until they have a chance to shoot. Bloody infuriating.

• Like 2

On 12/01/2023 at 05:55, Dang117 said:

I'm stocking up on packs from objectives and rewards for TOTY to see if i have any luck. The 100 80 plus objective has helped I have 68 saved currently with Rival rewards to come tomorrow 

I stored up to like 40 then I can't remember what I did, but somehow not having access to my console over the weekend and being shit during WL when I came back on Sunday night led me to now only have 9 remaining. I at least have a healthy coin balance for once, but it's still not even possible to buy on TOTY player, not that I was going to.

Still, somehow just not feeling FIFA the past week or so, getting trounced in WL probably led to this the past couple of days. On top of that, I still have the 89 squad Jairzinho to complete and he's probably going to be obsolete in a couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

I stored up to like 40 then I can't remember what I did, but somehow not having access to my console over the weekend and being shit during WL when I came back on Sunday night led me to now only have 9 remaining. I at least have a healthy coin balance for once, but it's still not even possible to buy on TOTY player, not that I was going to.

Still, somehow just not feeling FIFA the past week or so, getting trounced in WL probably led to this the past couple of days. On top of that, I still have the 89 squad Jairzinho to complete and he's probably going to be obsolete in a couple of weeks. 

Something about the gameplay felt of this weekend from the little I played, I dont understand the title updates that make the game play worse. This weekend if you shot straight at the keeper 9/10 it was going in because the keepers were having crisp packet wrists 

18 hours ago, Dang117 said:

Something about the gameplay felt of this weekend from the little I played, I dont understand the title updates that make the game play worse. This weekend if you shot straight at the keeper 9/10 it was going in because the keepers were having crisp packet wrists 

Really? I was having the opposite effect, thought all the meta shots had been nerfed along with the keepers being super strong in one-on-one situations compared to previously. Couldn't score a goal to save my life.