TEW20 Real World Update: January 2022

31 minutes ago, Forky said:

Isn't Camp Leapfrog basically dead? 

They havent run since October, and went on a winter break in November, I don't think they are dead. Just throught of them as an option since they uses a lot of the old ex-Chikara talent, another option could be Beyond, since they seem to be the core of IWTV content right now.

At the moment only ROH, C*4 and Crash are likely to return, with 2 being active and one with a hiatus spot, Deadlock Pro is another one but I hold off on new feds for a bit, they will likely debut in the post-Mania update if their still going.

Edited by TheWho87

On 20/01/2022 at 14:33, TheWho87 said:

Didn't have you down as a GCW fan.

Ah i have to admit, I'm a bit of a mark for ol' Double J. :)

BTW off topic, but I always thought for some reason you were a big fan of the band the Who! lol until i followed you on twitter and realised its more about Dr Who! Its a bit like my own username on here, someone dm'd me the other day gushing about John Hennigan - he's a good wrestler and all but i just chose the name as I was a big WCW fan back in the day and thought it was kind of like a good generic name for a WCW fan - didn't he get that name in WWE due to being a stooge for Bischoff? Maybe I should change it to Johnny Thunder to avoid confusion haha! If someone can do me a graphic I'd be forever grateful lol

Anyway, a few more updates I noticed for you who.

• The ROH Rogue Group stable I posted about earlier in a previous post seem to be name Honor No More
  • Create a stable in Impact called The Learning Tree - with Brian Myers (Leader), Sam Beale (Member) & VSK (Member), with must include set to Brian Myers. 
  • Create a stable in Impact called Bullet Club - with Jay White (Leader), GOD (Member) & Chris Bey (Member).
  • Set the Impact Commentary team to Tom Hanifan as announcer and Matt Rehwoldt (AFKA Aiden English) on Colour. They appear to have written D'Lo out following the ROH group attack, but he remains in a road agent capacity behind the scenes. 
  • Add a broadcast deal for AEW Rampage on ITV4, in a Graveyard slot as they've begun showing it at 11.05pm on Tuesday Nights. https://cultaholic.com/posts/aew-rampage-now-airing-on-itv-in-uk
  • Add Buddy Matthews to MLW. I'd put it under a handshake deal for now and Babyface. 
  • Add Bandito to MLW. Handshake Deal, Babyface and whatever gimmick he had in ROH. 
  • Myron Reed is now the MLW World Middleweight Champion.
  • With MLW suing WWE - should there be an entry now in their company relationship as Hostile?
  • Give Lio Rush a starting morale issue and set his contract to expire in 1 month. Looks like hes been AWOL since speaking out on social media about the Tony Khan/Big Swole issue and he may be leaving AEW in future. He's posted to state his contract expires February 14th 2022 and he will be accepting bookings so looks like hes leaving. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyNitro said:

Ah i have to admit, I'm a bit of a mark for ol' Double J. :)

BTW off topic, but I always thought for some reason you were a big fan of the band the Who! lol until i followed you on twitter and realised its more about Dr Who! Its a bit like my own username on here, someone dm'd me the other day gushing about John Hennigan - he's a good wrestler and all but i just chose the name as I was a big WCW fan back in the day and thought it was kind of like a good generic name for a WCW fan - didn't he get that name in WWE due to being a stooge for Bischoff? Maybe I should change it to Johnny Thunder to avoid confusion haha! If someone can do me a graphic I'd be forever grateful lol

Who say's I don't like The Who? They are just not all that big to comment on these days.

EDIT

Just as a heads up, everything mentioned so far has been updated in the database.

Edited by TheWho87

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

Who say's I don't like The Who? They are just not all that big to comment on these days.

EDIT

Just as a heads up, everything mentioned so far has been updated in the database.

Oh that’s good I wasn’t far wrong then. I’m now choosing to believe you like everything who related. Your a Massive fan of the World Health Organisation and Jim Neidhart in a mask! 😂

btw we don’t say it enough but thanks for the updates Who I know it’s a fair amount of work every month but so many people enjoy playing your mods. Top notch as always. 

Broadcasting correspondant checking in once more...

1+1 (Ukraine) introduced a new logo on 2022-01-01. (Sauce)

5Spike closed on 2020-01-07 and was merged with the Paramount Network (Britain), which is now 5ACTION.

El Rey Network ceased being a cable and satellite network on 2020-12-31, after being sold by Univision Communications. (Sauce)

The channel relaunched as a streaming network on 2021-08-17. (Sauce)

Fusion TV ceased broadcasting on 2021-12-31. (Sauce)

NBC Sports Northwest ceased broadcasting on 2021-09-30. (Sauce)

Spain’s largest pay-TV platform, Movistar+, has rebranded to Movistar Plus+, and has introduced a new logo and naming scheme. Movistar Plus+ was founded in July 2015 as a result of a merger of Canal+ (Spain) and Movistar TV, so it’s safe to close Canal+ (Spain). (Sauce - Spanish)

The naming convention has changed to [channel] por Movistar Plus+, so I have uploaded the new logos for Cero por Movistar Plus+, Deportes por Movistar Plus+, and Vamos por Movistar Plus+.

New logos: 1+1 (Ukraine), Movistar Plus+, Cero por Movistar Plus+, Deportes por Movistar Plus+, Vamos por Movistar Plus+

1+1-UKR-(2022).jpg  Movistar-Plus+-(2022).jpg  Cero-por-Movistar-Plus+-(2022).jpg  Deportes-por-Movistar-Plus+-(2022).jpg  Vamos-por-Movistar-Plus+-(2022).jpg

Edited by BiggieEllefson

Few GCW updates after last nights PPV, spoilers in case anyone still to watch it: 

Spoiler

- Add PCO to GCW on a handshake deal. Heel, Canadian Frankenstein gimmick.

- Add Lio Rush to GCW on a handshake deal, babyface. 

- Add Sean Waltman to GCW on a handshake deal, Babyface, Degenerate gimmick. 

- Add Marko Stunt to GCW on a handshake, babyface, whatever gimmick he has with AEW. 

- Add Swoggle and Brian Myers to GCW on a handshake deal, Heels. Leprechaun and MVP gimmicks respectively.

- Nick Gage and Matt Tremont are now the GCW tag-team champions. 

- Sabu, Bill Alfonso, Smart Mark Sterling and Vincent / Virgil also made appearances but i expect those to have been one offs. 

- May have already added this but just in case - Add Jonathan Gresham to impact on a PPA deal - https://www.tpww.net/2022/01/jonathan-gresham-impact-wrestling-status-update/

Few AEW contracts set to expire (probably why some have started to show up elsewhere) -

• Brian Cage Set to expire 1 Month - Cage last wrestled on the October 6 Rampage, when he lost the FTW title to Ricky Starks. He has been backstage at AEW shows recently, but hasn’t been used. Cage’s AEW signing was announced in January 2020.
  • Joey Janela – Set to expire 3 Month - Janela’s contract is set to expire in May, but he recently said that he hopes to stay with the company. He has mostly been wrestling on AEW Dark as recently as last Saturday, when he lost to Lee Moriarty.
  • Marko Stunt Remove from AEW? - Stunt last wrestled for AEW in September on Dark, and last wrestled on AEW TV in March. He hasn’t been seen with his Jurassic Express stablemates in months.
  • Peter Avalon – Set to Handshake deal - Avalon’s AEW contract expired recently, PWInsider says. He last wrestled on the January 15 Dark taping and tweeted on January 17 that he was taking indie bookings for any date. Leva Bates later tweeted that Avalon is still with AEW, but just adding indie dates, so it’s possible that AEW will continue to use him on a per-date basis, if he hasn’t signed a new contract.
  • Lio Rush Remove from AEW - Rush announced today that his AEW contract is up on February 14. He’s expected to no longer be with the company, Fightful is reporting.
Edited by JohnnyNitro
few additional updates.

Few Impact Updates from the taping, figured i'd add now as will have aired for feb update:

Spoiler

- Add Kenny King to Impact on a handshake deal, Heel, whatever his gimmick was in ROH, Swagger/Cocky?

- Add Kenny King as a member of Honor No More Stable.

- Matt Cardona is the new Digital Media Champion.

- Add Big Kon (Former Konnor from the Ascension) on a handshake deal.

- Add a tag team in Impact for Guerrilas of Destiny (Tama Tonga / Tanga Loa)

- Add Ian Riccaboni on a PPA deal, he seems to be brought on commentary for all the ROH matches. 

- Add Santana Garrett on a PPA, Babyface / Girl Next Door gimmick. 

- Add Gisele Shaw on a PPA, Babyface. 

- Casey Lennox, Jack Talos and Kira Dream made one appearance each at the tapings, so likely a one off enhancement / tryout. So hold off on them for now but worth checking their in the database in case they do return. Not familiar with them tbh, I think lennox is in the database but cant find Kira and Talos, could be in there under different names though. 

- Set Mike Bennett, Matt Taven, Maria Kanellis, Vincent and PCO to written agreements (non-exclusive, as they can work indys) with Impact. Sean Ross Sapp confirmed in his Q&A that they are signed to deals - Says Honor No More is signed to Impact and they don't work for ROH. Noted Maria, Bennet, and PCO's roh deals were up at the end of the year. Gresham is working without a deal, and SRS is working to find out about the others.

- Add Danhausen to AEW - 

On 24/01/2022 at 18:12, JohnnyNitro said:

Few Impact Updates from the taping, figured i'd add now as will have aired for feb update:

Reveal hidden contents

- Add Kenny King to Impact on a handshake deal, Heel, whatever his gimmick was in ROH, Swagger/Cocky?

- Add Kenny King as a member of Honor No More Stable.

- Matt Cardona is the new Digital Media Champion.

- Add Big Kon (Former Konnor from the Ascension) on a handshake deal.

- Add a tag team in Impact for Guerrilas of Destiny (Tama Tonga / Tanga Loa)

- Add Ian Riccaboni on a PPA deal, he seems to be brought on commentary for all the ROH matches. 

- Add Santana Garrett on a PPA, Babyface / Girl Next Door gimmick. 

- Add Gisele Shaw on a PPA, Babyface. 

- Casey Lennox, Jack Talos and Kira Dream made one appearance each at the tapings, so likely a one off enhancement / tryout. So hold off on them for now but worth checking their in the database in case they do return. Not familiar with them tbh, I think lennox is in the database but cant find Kira and Talos, could be in there under different names though. 

Just a heads up, when adding info from taped shows, I'll add workers who are on the show, and even though to PPA deals, anything that happens on those shows doesn't get added till it airs.

Oh btw I made a mistake on one of my earlier updates, thankfully I re read it and caught it -

Spoiler

• Create a stable in Impact called The Learning Tree - with Brian Myers (Leader), Sam Beale (Member) & VSK (Member), with must include set to Brian Myers. 

That should be Zicky Dice in the group instead of Sam Beale. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyNitro said:

Oh btw I made a mistake on one of my earlier updates, thankfully I re read it and caught it -

Reveal hidden contents

• Create a stable in Impact called The Learning Tree - with Brian Myers (Leader), Sam Beale (Member) & VSK (Member), with must include set to Brian Myers. 

That should be Zicky Dice in the group instead of Sam Beale. 

I check everything before making changes, that was corrected by me.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic