TEW20 Real World Update: January 2022

Here is the update for January, first off there is a new active promotion, I've added Nation Extreme Wrestling in the place of Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling, they are a new company and I tend to hold off when new companies, but since it's where everyone jumped to from ECCW after the speaking out allegations it made sence. On top of that I have given the rosters of AEW, CWFH, Impact, MLW, NWA, NXT and WWE a bit of an update, along with updating some popularity levels for WWE, NXT and AEW, for the latter anyone who is under written/All Elite deals, has all over popularity in the America, similar to WWE, NXT and Impact. Next up is Ring of Honor, I have fully closed them down and will treat them as any other closed company, if/when they return they will be reactivated. As for workers, there has been a few renames regarding luchadors, specifically those who are Hijo/Hija, just correcting some missinformation on my part not fully understand the de/del part, all should be correct, along with the usual additions (full list in the editor), there is one removal with Jervis getting removed and being put under Kevin Condron since he has made it oficially public he was under the mask. There is going to be a slight delay on the graphics pack, it's just a case of needing to get through a backlog of pics but their not that major, mostly title belts and logos for promotions not currently in the mod, will announce when it's updated. Other than that is's just the usual updates and changes for the month, as usual any issues post them and I'll update for next month.

Also this month will be my last ever picture pack using the KyKy style, it has all the pics I had cut last before starting my new BUMP pack, this has all the pics I've done for the mod in one pack deal, hopefully for April/May I'll have got the BUMP pack to a stage to be fully usable with the mod and will convert the mod to use that instead.

Enjoy

Database: January 2022
Graphics: December 2021

Workers: January 2022 (Last KyKy Pack)
Worker Expansion: June 2020
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

• Lineker featured and pinned this topic

The birthdates and location of Pandemonium and Pandemonium Jr. are wrong.  Those are the stats of another pair of wrestlers of the same name.  The IWRG wrestlers all appear to be fairly young so likely students from the school or someone regimmicked.  The IWRG La Pandemia stable is a play on the current COVID pandemic and has nothing to do with the father/son pair from the indies.

1 hour ago, flash said:

The birthdates and location of Pandemonium and Pandemonium Jr. are wrong.  Those are the stats of another pair of wrestlers of the same name.  The IWRG wrestlers all appear to be fairly young so likely students from the school or someone regimmicked.  The IWRG La Pandemia stable is a play on the current COVID pandemic and has nothing to do with the father/son pair from the indies.

If they are wrong, what is correct?

1 hour ago, RazorsEdge said:

Tony Nese was made All Elite about a month ago. Should be a heel with a cocky gimmick.

My luck missing the odd signing, also found out I forgot to cut Toni Storm. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

AEW should also have an event broadcasting deal with TNT - they're doing 4 1 hr specials this year for them.

This might be where game mechanics trumps reality, the AI doesn't know the difference between putting some events on TV and putting some on PPV, they just put them all on what they are set up for.

Remove Matt Striker from impact. PWInsider has confirmed that Matt Striker is finishing up with Impact Wrestling. D'Lo Brown currently remains on commentary assuming Josh Matthew’s will be back full time.

Add a by deal for njpw and axs tv in the us (probably as tour highlights?)  During Wrestle Kingdom, it was announced that New Japan was returning to AXS TV starting March 3. It will air immediately after Impact Wrestling. 

Set Impacts BTI show to dormant and remove its tv deals. It would appear that BTI is being scrapped as the Impact in 60 recap show is now airing before Impact.

Remove Rohit Raju (hakim zane) from impact. Rohit Raju announced that he was a free agent, ending his time in Impact. His profile has been removed from the Impact Roster page.

Edited by JohnnyNitro

- Remove Petey Williams from Impact and add to WWE as a producer under a written deal.https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/wwe-hires-petey-williams-full-time-as-a-producer

- You've probably got these recent releases already but adding just in case. Remove the following from WWE/NXT:

• William Regal
  • Samoa Joe
  • Road Dogg / BG James
  • Allison Danger / Cathy Corino
  • Scott Armstrong
  • Ace Steel
  • Ryan Katz
  • George Carroll
  • Dave Kapoor
  • Hideki Suzuki
  • Timothy Thatcher
  • Danny Burch
  • Gabe Sapolsky

- Induct Awesome Kong into the Impact Wrestling Hall of Fame, she was the inductee in October 2021. 

- Add a broadcasting deal for NWA Power on Youtube. Its returning to youtube tonight along with a second show below. They will also continue to be available on subscription via FITE TV, i believe you get the shows early for the subscription.

- Add a new show for NWA called NWA USA with broadcasting deals with youtube and fite tv. Its shown on saturdays, i'd assume taped the same day as Power. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

32 minutes ago, JohnnyNitro said:

add mickie James to WWE on  PPA and add a talent sharing agreement between impact and WWE 

From my understanding this is just a Rumble deal, and the reason she is allowed to work is because she isn't technicallt signed to a deal in Impact.

38 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

From my understanding this is just a Rumble deal, and the reason she is allowed to work is because she isn't technicallt signed to a deal in Impact.

The specifically are billing her as impact knockouts champion and Scott D’Amore has been publicly stating she can bring the belt to the rumble etc so I found that unusual usually like when RVD went over there on a one night thing it’s not mentioned. Impact have also been praising on social media about WWE joining the “forbidden door” so I’m leaning towards this being a bigger deal. 

hold off then till we see what happens tonight at Hard to Kill, she may drop the belt to Deonna tbh and it not feature on WWE programming which would indicate maybe it’s not a working agreement. Also you’d expect WWE to reciprocate so if someone shows up before their 90 day no compete for example it would indicate agreement with WWE.

interesting times anyway for sure. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyNitro said:

The specifically are billing her as impact knockouts champion and Scott D’Amore has been publicly stating she can bring the belt to the rumble etc so I found that unusual usually like when RVD went over there on a one night thing it’s not mentioned. Impact have also been praising on social media about WWE joining the “forbidden door” so I’m leaning towards this being a bigger deal. 

hold off then till we see what happens tonight at Hard to Kill, she may drop the belt to Deonna tbh and it not feature on WWE programming which would indicate maybe it’s not a working agreement. Also you’d expect WWE to reciprocate so if someone shows up before their 90 day no compete for example it would indicate agreement with WWE.

interesting times anyway for sure. 

If things happen further maybe, but for now I'm not looking into this as no more than WWE bringing a former name back for the Rumble.

• 2 weeks later...

- Add Tommy Dreamer to Impact as a road agent. 

- Add Tom Hannifan (formerly Tom Philips in WWE) to impact on a written contract and set as default announcer for impact wrestling.

- Add PCO to Impact Wrestling under a written deal but not exclusive - https://www.f4wonline.com/news/impact-wrestling/pco-signs-contract-with-impact-wrestling

- Add Mike Bennett, Maria Kanellis, Matt Taven and Vincent to Impact under handshake deals. set all as heels. 

- Create a stable known as the "ROH Rogue Group" containing Mike Bennett, Maria Kanellis, Matt Taven, PCO and Vincent.

- Add Jonathan Gresham to impact on a handshake deal. 

- Add Charlie Haas to Impact Wrestling on a handshake deal as a babyface, Wrestling Machine / Legitimate gimmick. 

Not entirely sure but based on spoilers from that recent taping, the "ROH Rogue Group" could be known as "Dishonor" but I would wait for things to pan out so for now, you can stick with "ROH Rogue Group"

Broadcasting (again)...

5ACTION (GBR • UK) (replaces Paramount Network from today, 2022-01-19)

5Action_(2022)-B.jpg  5Action_(2022)-K.jpg  5Action_(2022)-W.jpg

I used the legacy "Save as Web" tool in Photoshop and dropped the quality to 70. Thought I would do the alternative backgrounds before they inevitably get requested.

You are probably aware that BBC Three is being tested ready for it's return to linear TV on 2022-02-01, but thought I would give you a heads up. (Sauce)

• Like 1

Due to the Mustafa Ali situation (asking for a release and getting refused), I had initally removed him, but have added him back with a starting morale issue.

On another note, I'm thinking about making Camp Leapfrog active in an upcoming update with them being the spiritual successor of Chikara, I was wondering if there are any other promotions out there I should be looking into? I'd be siding with promotions who are active with a high majority of workers already in the mod.