MLB 2022

The Buscher

Trading Bryant to the Giants is one of the best moves the Cubs made. Signing him to a 7 year contract, no matter how much money, is one of the dumbest the Rockies made. (Wish he had gone to the Phillies......)

As amazing as the first 2 months were, I penciled June in as a rough month for the Mets based on the schedule.  Mets went 3-4 on a trip through LA and San Diego which isn't bad.  The other side of it though is their pitching has started to take a big downturn with Chris Bassitt having like a 7.50 ERA since Scherzer got hurt, he's clearly feeling the pressure trying to be the staff ace.  And after the hitters have stayed healthy all year, Pete Alonso and Starling Marte both got injured in the same game.

Compounding this, the Braves appear to have finally woken up, 8 game winning streak which has seen the Mets' 10.5 game lead drop down to 6.5 and this just really highlights how meaningless the standings are this early, they can fade in a hurry.  So this has the fanbase in a huff.

I know Mets fans' default is to panic and complain, but if you're a Mets fan who thought this team was going to stay on a 100+ win pace and that the defending World Series champions weren't going to eventually tighten things up, I don't know what to tell you.

I keep wanting to buy a Cubs hat but goddamn dudes (MLB), I am not paying $35+ for a snapback. I feel bad even paying $20-25 when I buy a hat. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MalaCloudy Black said:

I keep wanting to buy a Cubs hat but goddamn dudes (MLB), I am not paying $35+ for a snapback. I feel bad even paying $20-25 when I buy a hat. 

Hats can be pretty pricey. I bought 2 Reds fitted caps just like they wear on the field over a decade ago, and paid something like $30 each for them. Now they run over $40. My two adjustable Red Sox hats, which are both under 5 years old, were around $25 to $30 each.

You might find some deals here:

https://www.lids.com/mlb-chicago-cubs/hats/o-3476+t-14336433+d-73663451+z-9-1250000514?_ref=p-TLP:m-SIDE_NAV

• Like 1

On 13/06/2022 at 20:02, GhostMachine said:

Hats can be pretty pricey. I bought 2 Reds fitted caps just like they wear on the field over a decade ago, and paid something like $30 each for them. Now they run over $40. My two adjustable Red Sox hats, which are both under 5 years old, were around $25 to $30 each.

You might find some deals here:

https://www.lids.com/mlb-chicago-cubs/hats/o-3476+t-14336433+d-73663451+z-9-1250000514?_ref=p-TLP:m-SIDE_NAV

I have one of those cheaper hats made by '47. Mine's held up pretty well this summer, I can recommend it for the price. 

Austin Hays hit for the cycle tonight! Accomplished it by the 6th inning, and he got the 4 hits in his first 4 at bats.

He's been great this year, healthy and the talent has always been there. Weird team because they have 3 players who could make the All-Star Team. Won't happen but there's multiple players to pick from for their lone spot.

• Like 1

Max Scherzer was slated to make a rehab start for the Binghamton Mets tonight in Hartford.  Once it was announced, any remaining tickets immediately sold out and people started flipping tickets on StubHub at huge markups.  The place was gonna be like 90% Mets fans.  Some people dropped over $100 on tickets, which is beyond absurd for a Double A game no matter who is playing.

Then hours before the game it was announced his start was scratched and pushed to tomorrow, with no reason given.

• Haha 2