5 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Too many fans grew up playing the Show and think sending guys down will automatically gain them attribute points. 

You mean I can't just click the box for Star Power on my remote? Well damn!

Manoah getting sent down was weird but I'm glad they did. Hopefully he'll find his stride and come back a lot more disciplined before the end of the season. At least it seems like Vlady is finding his swing again. It kind of sucks that they kind of have to claw their way back into things but there's still lots of time.

The good thing with Manoah is that it's not something hidden. It's an issue with his mechanics. So getting him away from the pressure to perform and allowing him to focus solely on the problem should give him a great shot at recovery. 

If Manoah comes back and is a 3.50 ERA pitcher the rest of the way, I'll be happy. 

Shock of shocks!  Max Scherzer is handed a nice lead and coughs it up.  Just like he did in Atlanta last week.  He had the lowest ERA of his career last season (in only 22 starts) yet he got knocked all over the ballpark in the only 2 big games he pitched in all year.

Might be quickly moving up the ranks of worst Mets free agent signings.  $43 million a year is an astounding of money to pay a guy who consistently folds in big games.

• Sad 1

I hit on my Volpe prop as predicted :lol:

This is the most miserable season I’ve experienced as a Met fan and it’s not close.

I think most Mets fans 35 and under are in a similar boat.  Forget winning a championship, this franchise has almost never given us 2 good seasons in a row in our lifetimes.  At a certain point it’s just not worth giving them any more support.

• Sad 1

I didn't know the Mets winning a big game was allowed anymore.

And yes the ghost runner rule is terrible.  I understand if they wanted to end the super long marathon games but jumping right into it in the 10th inning feels too extreme.  Start it in the 12th or 13th inning when teams are mostly down to their bullpen scrubs anyway.

Yeah, most teams are equipped to make it 12 innings with their bullpens. I guess the "idea" is that the ghost runner all but ensures games only go 12. I think 3 innings under normal rules would generally mean the games also end within 12, especially as managers throw everything out there to avoid getting to ghost runner innings.

7 hours ago, Draevyn said:

I don't even know what the ghost runner rule is. 

Johnny Blaze had his motorcycle repo'd, so.....

Seriously, though, I think its stupid, as well. (Except when the Yankees lose because of it.....)

1 minute ago, GhostMachine said:

Johnny Blaze had his motorcycle repo'd, so.....

Seriously, though, I think its stupid, as well. (Except when the Yankees lose because of it.....)

I'm so glad we can always count on you for the Dad jokes 😛 

• Haha 1

Since no one on my Facebook is interested I figured come here

Is there anyone interested in a free year of MLB TV app? I get it through TMobile and can work to get it to whoever through DMs, just know that if you are local to your favorite team then it isn’t worth it due to blackouts

Here's where I admit that I started hedge-betting against the Mets about a month and a half ago.  It was obvious to me by then that the team was flawed, and I took advantage of the books still believing in them.  Figured I'd just throw a few bucks against them most days, with the hopes that they'd play better and I'd finally stop.  Yet that day hasn't come.

I don't wager a lot yet I'm up like $170 purely from betting against them.  They are still favored more often than not, especially when they were playing the teams that were supposed to be the dregs of the league.  When they are an underdog, it is usually only marginally so, more in the toss-up range.  Only in the Braves series two weeks ago and now the ongoing Astros series are they heavier underdogs.

I know baseball lines have a lot of variance baked into them but I can only imagine how much delusional Mets money must be coming in for the books to have not dropped them yet.  Since starting 14-7 they have the the third worst record in baseball.  They're horrid.