General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

I've played 2-3 hours of Eiyuden so far and I'm enjoying it! The run speed and battle animations could stand to be a little quicker. And not being able to save anywhere on the world map is bogus. Also the random encounter rate is a little low. 

For the past week I've been obsessed with Gamedle. 

https://www.gamedle.wtf/?lang=en#

It's one of those daily puzzle games. There's Classic mode, where you guess the boxart of a game with it pixeled out and slowly revealing it as you get incorrect guesses (I've had a few that I managed to get on the first), Artwork where it's the same as above but artwork, Keywords where you are given a few key phrases about a game and gotta figure it out and Guess... where you try and figure out the game. Each guess it will tell you if you're right on the genre, year, series, etc... and you got to narrow it down by that. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2K is about as big a company that anyone could've hoped for to take the license and compete.

But with these titles so micro transaction focused, a lot of the work will be done on making sure we have pretty cards of the players and not much by way of gameplay or offline modes. Hoping to be surprised.

• Like 1

My biggest fear is that we're going to have two (or 3 if Pro Evo still counts) "incomplete" games in terms of players and teams, half of the leagues with EA and half of the leagues with 2K, with individual clubs still taking the Pro Evo money and a huge amount of fake teams and players to make up the numbers.

It's bad enough that Serie A is so incomplete in EAFC as it is (and is getting worse now Inter have signed for exclusivity with Konami).

• Like 2

There's nothing good about 2K taking control of a property anymore, those days are long, long gone. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to make a half-decent wrestling game, but that's still a game that's got a limited playtime if you don't fall into their micro transaction ecosystem which is hugely predatory for what it is. One place securing all the rights for a huge entity like that isn't a good thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apsham said:

There's nothing good about 2K taking control of a property anymore, those days are long, long gone. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to make a half-decent wrestling game, but that's still a game that's got a limited playtime if you don't fall into their micro transaction ecosystem which is hugely predatory for what it is. One place securing all the rights for a huge entity like that isn't a good thing.

Seconded. My one joy in all this mess is that none of them get a monopoly on the bullshit.

On 30/05/2024 at 15:22, Chris2K said:

My biggest fear is that we're going to have two (or 3 if Pro Evo still counts) "incomplete" games in terms of players and teams, half of the leagues with EA and half of the leagues with 2K, with individual clubs still taking the Pro Evo money and a huge amount of fake teams and players to make up the numbers.

It's bad enough that Serie A is so incomplete in EAFC as it is (and is getting worse now Inter have signed for exclusivity with Konami).

This is why we need to nationalise football games