TEW20 Real World Update: April 2023

Here is the update for April, it is set to be post WrestleMania/pre-Raw, so the big change is the new ownership, I've set it up with Nick Khan as owner of WWE and Triple H is still booker, other than that WWE and NXT have had an overhaul on popularity and AEW has had a small fix up, along with that there is a selection of new workers (full list in the editor), which included Ari Emanuel if you wish to go full in on the new WWE changes.. Other than that just the usual changes for the month, if you see anything out of place mention it and I'll fix it up for next month.

Enjoy.

Database: April 2023
Graphics: October 2022 (Google Drive)
BUMP Workers and Belts: January 2023 (Google Drive)

KyKy Workers: January 2022 (Last KyKy Pack)
KyKy Worker Expansion: June 2020 (KyKy)
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Thanks 1

If you have already downloaded I forgot to set the right start date, it's been corrected in the download now or you can set the date yourself.

My internet went down so I had to wait for it to get working to reupload.

• Thanks 1

The WWE Hall of Fame needs updating for 2022 (Undertaker, Steiners, Sharmell and Vader) and 2023 (Rey, Tim White, Great Muta and Stacy Keibler)

Maybe add Bad Bunny as a worker too, had a couple of matches before and seems like he's going to occasionally pop up in WWE for future matches

I think Kane can be released from the WWE, I don't see his deal as being any different to Stone Cold or The Rock who turn up on occasion. Trish Stratus maybe needs a contract with WWE, but I'd see how involved she is this month

On overness, Logan Paul is down as being 'recognisable' and at the same level as Johnny Gargano, Luke Gallows and Dakota Kai. I think there's a case for him to be pushed as high as Orton and Cody due to the reach he has. Ronda Rousey should probably move up to being Well Known for their reach outside the WWE.

MJF contract can be amended to run until Jan 2024

Big E, Orton and Styles all need their injury lengths reduced as they're still at the initial amount. I know it's a bit up in the air how long they'll be out for, but I suspect it's not as long as what's in. Alexa Bliss and Bray Wyatt probably need to have a hiatus at the start of the game

Undertaker can probably be changed to an Exclusive Handshake deal

Money in the Bank is June week 4, not July. Extreme Rules can be bumped to later in the year 

Just looking on the backstage part in WWE and the following have personalities which are viewed as being negative influences - Brock Lesnar, Carmella, Cody Rhodes, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Maryse, Sonya Deville, The Miz, Vince McMahon. Definitely think some are correct however Miz and Cody I think should be the opposite end of the spectrum and actually be viewed as very positive influences. Maybe on the flip side Ronda Rousey should be a negative influence?

Some relationships which may need tweaking - 

• Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn to best friends (from strong friendship)
  • CM Punk needs a dislike with Chris Jericho
  • Jim Cornette needs dislikes with Santino Marella, Kenny Omega (currently has one with Kenny King, maybe an error), Riho and Orange Cassidy 
  • John Cena needs friendships with Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan, and dislike for Ken Anderson
  • Jon Moxley needs a friendship with Daniel Bryan
  • William Regal needs to be a mentor to Jon Moxley and Cesaro
  • Paul Heyman has no relationships, Brock Lesnar would be the obvious one needed 
  • Michael Cole needs friendships with Paul Levesque and Pat McAfee
  • Paul Levesque needs either friendships or mentor of Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn among others
  • Drew McIntyre and Sheamus should be best friends
  • Loyalty/Strong Friendship between the New Day members
  • Bayley is best friends with Carmella, think this should be changed to Sasha Banks, who in turn needs strong friendship with Naomi
  • Finlay needs to be added as a mentor to more of the female wrestlers, certainly Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks and Natalya have all been positive about his influence

They're just a few I dipped into, if you want I don't mind going in deeper on this and trying to pull lists together - may add a bit more of a challenge with some of the bigger companies having to manage this

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jam said:

The WWE Hall of Fame needs updating for 2022 (Undertaker, Steiners, Sharmell and Vader) and 2023 (Rey, Tim White, Great Muta and Stacy Keibler)

Maybe add Bad Bunny as a worker too, had a couple of matches before and seems like he's going to occasionally pop up in WWE for future matches

I think Kane can be released from the WWE, I don't see his deal as being any different to Stone Cold or The Rock who turn up on occasion. Trish Stratus maybe needs a contract with WWE, but I'd see how involved she is this month

On overness, Logan Paul is down as being 'recognisable' and at the same level as Johnny Gargano, Luke Gallows and Dakota Kai. I think there's a case for him to be pushed as high as Orton and Cody due to the reach he has. Ronda Rousey should probably move up to being Well Known for their reach outside the WWE.

MJF contract can be amended to run until Jan 2024

Big E, Orton and Styles all need their injury lengths reduced as they're still at the initial amount. I know it's a bit up in the air how long they'll be out for, but I suspect it's not as long as what's in. Alexa Bliss and Bray Wyatt probably need to have a hiatus at the start of the game

Undertaker can probably be changed to an Exclusive Handshake deal

Money in the Bank is June week 4, not July. Extreme Rules can be bumped to later in the year 

Just looking on the backstage part in WWE and the following have personalities which are viewed as being negative influences - Brock Lesnar, Carmella, Cody Rhodes, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Maryse, Sonya Deville, The Miz, Vince McMahon. Definitely think some are correct however Miz and Cody I think should be the opposite end of the spectrum and actually be viewed as very positive influences. Maybe on the flip side Ronda Rousey should be a negative influence?

Some relationships which may need tweaking - 

• Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn to best friends (from strong friendship)
  • CM Punk needs a dislike with Chris Jericho
  • Jim Cornette needs dislikes with Santino Marella, Kenny Omega (currently has one with Kenny King, maybe an error), Riho and Orange Cassidy 
  • John Cena needs friendships with Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan, and dislike for Ken Anderson
  • Jon Moxley needs a friendship with Daniel Bryan
  • William Regal needs to be a mentor to Jon Moxley and Cesaro
  • Paul Heyman has no relationships, Brock Lesnar would be the obvious one needed 
  • Michael Cole needs friendships with Paul Levesque and Pat McAfee
  • Paul Levesque needs either friendships or mentor of Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn among others
  • Drew McIntyre and Sheamus should be best friends
  • Loyalty/Strong Friendship between the New Day members
  • Bayley is best friends with Carmella, think this should be changed to Sasha Banks, who in turn needs strong friendship with Naomi
  • Finlay needs to be added as a mentor to more of the female wrestlers, certainly Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks and Natalya have all been positive about his influence

They're just a few I dipped into, if you want I don't mind going in deeper on this and trying to pull lists together - may add a bit more of a challenge with some of the bigger companies having to manage this

Firstly feel free, I'll gladly look into anything suggested.

When it comes to celebs I tend to knock them down a bit in pop to equal out real world popularity and wrestling popularity, as for Logan he has only had a couple matches and was getting pushed in a midcard position hence the 40 pop, I kinda think he fits in the 40-50 range. As for Bad Bunny I'll look to add him since they seem to be using him, it's one of those things of how much activity is justifiable to add them to the mod.

For personalities, I'm open to changes, I tend to give them what seems to be logical due to stories and rumours, I know for Brock it's because he's a loner which comes from the Ruthless Aggression series where they said he didn't really interact beyond a few people and would just want to go off and do his own thing.

For relationships, I tended not to add simple friendships mostly due to old games ending them quickly and how little justification could be used for some of them, that's why I try and focus on stronger relationships, but again any suggested I'll look into.

Also as for Cornette and Kenny King, it may be old but we all know how long Corny can hold a grudge.

I'll keep dipping in and adding a few each week on the relationships - some will be debateable so go with whatever you think works best

CM Punk

Spoiler

Firstly maybe a personality change to prickly

Chris Jericho - simmering tension
Jon Moxley - simmering tension
MJF - simmering tension
Kenta - dislike
Colt Cabana - hatred(?)
Hornswoggle - dislike
Eddie Kingston - dislike
Ryback - dislike
Triple H - dislike/hatred
Stephanie McMahon - dislike/hatred
Dax Harwood - strong friendship
Cash Wheeler - strong friendship
AJ Styles - dislike
Kofi Kingston - strong friendship
Jeff Hardy - simmering tension
John Cena - strong friendship

Roman Reigns

Spoiler

Seth Rollins - strong friendship
Paul Heyman - strong friendship
Vince McMahon - strong friendship/loyalty
R-Truth - strong friendship
Enzo Amore - dislike
Chris Jericho - strong friendship
Braun Strowman - strong friendship
Jon Moxley - strong friendship

Cody Rhodes

Spoiler

MJF - strong friendship
Ricky Starks - strong friendship
Matt Cardona - strong friendship
Kevin Owens - strong friendship
Disco Inferno - dislike
Vince Russo - dislike
Randy Orton - strong friendship
Justin Gabriel - simmering tension
QT Marshall - strong friendship

Sheamus

Spoiler

Drew McIntyre - best friend
Rusev - strong friendship
Cesaro - strong friendship
Lana - strong friendship
Wade Barrett - strong friendship

Possibly friendships with Bayley, Sasha Banks, Ridge Holland, Pete Dunne, Finn Balor and Becky Lynch

Jon Moxley

Spoiler

William Regal - protege
Daniel Bryan - strong friendship
Claudio Castagnoli - strong friendship
Nick Gage - strong friendship
Roman Reigns - strong friendship
Bully Ray - simmering tension
Darby Allin - friendship
Paul Levesque - simmering tension
Eddie Kingston - strong friendship
Brock Lesnar - dislike

Bill Goldberg

Spoiler

Bret Hart - hatred
William Regal - dislike
Booker T - strong friendship
Vince Russo - dislike
Paul Wight - strong friendship
Kevin Nash - dislike
Ryback - dislike
Steve Austin - strong friendship
Matt Riddle - simmering tension
Paul Heyman - strong friendship/loyalty

Maybe a friendship with Brock Lesnar

Kenny Omega

Spoiler

Jim Cornette - hatred
Matt Jackson - strong friendship/loyalty
Nick Jackson - strong friendship/loyalty
Adam Page - strong friendship/loyalty
Riho - strong friendship/loyalty
Xavier Woods - strong friendship
Sami Zayn - strong friendship
Seth Rollins - dislike
Disco Inferno - dislike
Bill DeMott - dislike
Harry Smith - dislike
Kota Ibushi - strong friendship
Hikaru Shida - strong friendship
Michael Nakazawa - loyalty
Brendon Cutler - strong friendship

Charlotte Flair

Spoiler

Becky Lynch - simmering tension
AJ Styles - strong friendship
Maria Kanellis - simmering tension
Trish Stratus - strong friendship
Sasha Banks - simmering tension
Saraya - strong friendship
Renee Paquette - strong friendship

Hulk Hogan

Spoiler

Kofi Kingston - dislike
Big E - dislike
Xavier Woods - dislike
Jim Duggan - strong friendship
Brian Knobbs - strong friendship
Jerry Saggs - strong friendship
Jimmy Hart - strong friendship
Eric Bischoff - loyalty
Kevin Nash - strong friendship
Vince McMahon - strong friendship
Honky Tonk Man - dislike
Vince Russo - hatred
CM Punk - dislike
Ric Flair - strong friendship
Bret Hart - dislike

Alexa Bliss

Spoiler

Ronda Rousey - dislike
Sasha Banks - dislike
Nia Jax - strong friendship
Carmella - strong friendship
Mickie James - strong friendship
Bray Wyatt - strong friendship
Nikki Cross - strong friendship

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jam said:

I'll keep dipping in and adding a few each week on the relationships - some will be debateable so go with whatever you think works best

CM Punk

Reveal hidden contents

Firstly maybe a personality change to prickly

Chris Jericho - simmering tension
Jon Moxley - simmering tension
MJF - simmering tension
Kenta - dislike
Colt Cabana - hatred(?)
Hornswoggle - dislike
Eddie Kingston - dislike
Ryback - dislike
Triple H - dislike/hatred
Stephanie McMahon - dislike/hatred
Dax Harwood - strong friendship
Cash Wheeler - strong friendship
AJ Styles - dislike
Kofi Kingston - strong friendship
Jeff Hardy - simmering tension
John Cena - strong friendship

Roman Reigns

Reveal hidden contents

Seth Rollins - strong friendship
Vince McMahon - strong friendship/loyalty
R-Truth - strong friendship
Enzo Amore - dislike
Jon Moxley - strong friendship

Cody Rhodes

Reveal hidden contents

MJF - strong friendship
Ricky Starks - strong friendship
Matt Cardona - strong friendship
Kevin Owens - strong friendship
Disco Inferno - dislike
Vince Russo - dislike
Randy Orton - strong friendship
Justin Gabriel - simmering tension
QT Marshall - strong friendship

Sheamus

Reveal hidden contents

Drew McIntyre - best friend
Rusev - strong friendship
Cesaro - strong friendship
Lana - strong friendship
Wade Barrett - strong friendship

Possibly friendships with Bayley, Sasha Banks, Ridge Holland, Pete Dunne, Finn Balor and Becky Lynch

Jon Moxley

Reveal hidden contents

William Regal - protege
Daniel Bryan - strong friendship
Claudio Castagnoli - strong friendship
Nick Gage - strong friendship
Roman Reigns - strong friendship
Bully Ray - simmering tension
Darby Allin - friendship
Paul Levesque - simmering tension
Eddie Kingston - strong friendship
Brock Lesnar - dislike

Bill Goldberg

Reveal hidden contents

Bret Hart - hatred
William Regal - dislike
Booker T - strong friendship
Vince Russo - dislike
Paul Wight - strong friendship
Kevin Nash - dislike
Ryback - dislike
Steve Austin - strong friendship
Matt Riddle - simmering tension
Paul Heyman - strong friendship/loyalty

Maybe a friendship with Brock Lesnar

Kenny Omega

Reveal hidden contents

Jim Cornette - hatred
Matt Jackson - strong friendship/loyalty
Nick Jackson - strong friendship/loyalty
Adam Page - strong friendship/loyalty
Riho - strong friendship/loyalty
Xavier Woods - strong friendship
Sami Zayn - strong friendship
Seth Rollins - dislike
Disco Inferno - dislike
Bill DeMott - dislike
Harry Smith - dislike
Kota Ibushi - strong friendship
Hikaru Shida - strong friendship
Michael Nakazawa - loyalty
Brendon Cutler - strong friendship

Charlotte Flair

Reveal hidden contents

Becky Lynch - simmering tension
AJ Styles - strong friendship
Maria Kanellis - simmering tension
Trish Stratus - strong friendship
Sasha Banks - simmering tension
Saraya - strong friendship
Renee Paquette - strong friendship

Hulk Hogan

Reveal hidden contents

Kofi Kingston - dislike
Big E - dislike
Xavier Woods - dislike
Jim Duggan - strong friendship
Brian Knobbs - strong friendship
Jerry Saggs - strong friendship
Jimmy Hart - strong friendship
Eric Bischoff - loyalty
Kevin Nash - strong friendship
Vince McMahon - strong friendship
Honky Tonk Man - dislike
Vince Russo - hatred
CM Punk - dislike
Ric Flair - strong friendship
Bret Hart - dislike

Alexa Bliss

Reveal hidden contents

Ronda Rousey - dislike
Sasha Banks - dislike
Nia Jax - strong friendship
Carmella - strong friendship
Mickie James - strong friendship
Bray Wyatt - strong friendship
Nikki Cross - strong friendship

Could you give some reason as to why they've would have a negative relationship, a lot of the positive ones I kinda get, I'd just want a bit of clarity for negatives.

Also from what I understand when it comes to relaionships it goes from Best Friends (Level 1) > Strong Friendship (Level 2) > Loyalty (Level 3), so for Drew and Sheamus that would be a Strong Friendship since I recall one of them was the others best man.

And it's the same in the negative direction with Simmering Tension (Level 1) > Strong Dislike (Level 2) > Hatred (Level 3), and as for Punk/Cabana I'd have that as Simmering Tension, they have their issues but they also kinda cut each other out and distances themselves from each other after the court case, then Punk dropped the press conference pipe bomb.

Remove Red Velvet from The Baddies
Remove Vickie Guerrero from AEW
Add Stu Grayson to AEW on a written contract, add to The Dark Order, add Dark Order tag team with Stu and Evil Uno
Remove The Factory as a faction
Add QTV as a faction with QT Marshall, Aaron Solo and Harley Cameron (I think you may need to create her, I have no idea on stats, sorry)
Remove Santana from The Outcasts, add Saraya
Remove Parker Boudreaux from The Trustbusters
Add Mogul Affiliates as a stable with Swerve Strickland (Leader), Parker Boudreaux (muscle), Trench (muscle), and Brian Cage (the rest of The Embassy hasn't appeared yet so maybe hold them off for now)
Reactivate TayJay as a team
Dante Martin is out with a broken leg/ankle
Adam Cole is a face
Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter are working as faces currently and they should be managers for each other (Rebel is apparently no longer being used as onscreen talent while they're faces)
Bryan Danielson is a heel
Kenny Omega is a face - Don Callis should probably remain as a heel even though Kenny is a face, I think.
Red Velvet turned on Jade to become a face a couple months back but she's only wrestled that one match against Jade since then so I'm not sure what to do with her
Jon Moxley is a heel
Wheeler Yuta is a heel
Claudio Castagnoli is a heel
Add Pat Buck to AEW (he's a producer from them)
Willow Nightingale and Skye Blue both need pop boosts, they've been featured very heavily lately.
Add Jay White to AEW (Remove from NJPW, NJPW: USA and Impact) in a stable with Juice Robinson as Bullet Club Gold.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

Could you give some reason as to why they've would have a negative relationship, a lot of the positive ones I kinda get, I'd just want a bit of clarity for negatives.

Also from what I understand when it comes to relaionships it goes from Best Friends (Level 1) > Strong Friendship (Level 2) > Loyalty (Level 3), so for Drew and Sheamus that would be a Strong Friendship since I recall one of them was the others best man.

And it's the same in the negative direction with Simmering Tension (Level 1) > Strong Dislike (Level 2) > Hatred (Level 3), and as for Punk/Cabana I'd have that as Simmering Tension, they have their issues but they also kinda cut each other out and distances themselves from each other after the court case, then Punk dropped the press conference pipe bomb.

Yeah, I'm wondering why Alexa Bliss hates Ronda Rousey, or Sasha Banks. Did i miss anything or so?

It's probably set this way because of the fact that Ronda gave Alexa 2 straight concussions that almost cost her her career in 2018. As for the Sasha stuff, it had been well-known during their NXT days that they hated each other but I believe they patched things up since. So perhaps adjusting both to "dislike" instead of hate would be more appropriate.

18 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

Appreciate they're all subjective, will try and dig out sources for any of the ones above!

Although I though strong friendship out ranked best friends but I'm not certain on that at all!

Well I always thought strong friendship out ranked best friends since it was strong, but then again a lot of TEW we've had to figure out ourselves if it's not listed in the handbook, you've got more chance getting blood from a stone than getting how minor game mechanics works from Ryland, I still member when we had to make a map and show him to confirm how Mexico's regions were set up now.

Relationships should be based on in-game implications, more than on rumours, gossip and social media posts.

When it comes to things like "Alexa Bliss hates Sasha Banks" - do you think either would be likely to get so pissed off as to risk quitting WWE over the other being signed? Almost certainly not, so it doesn't warrant a "hate" relationship, nor does, from your list, a pairing like Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross warrant a "strong friendship". 

• Like 2

On 12/04/2023 at 09:44, Skummy said:

Relationships should be based on in-game implications, more than on rumours, gossip and social media posts.

When it comes to things like "Alexa Bliss hates Sasha Banks" - do you think either would be likely to get so pissed off as to risk quitting WWE over the other being signed? Almost certainly not, so it doesn't warrant a "hate" relationship, nor does, from your list, a pairing like Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross warrant a "strong friendship". 

Totally agree, hence why I ask for some further context, beyond the obvious relationships (blood/marriage/protoge), the logic should be "would they make a comment if the other person was signed/released", I'd say from skimming the list it's about 60/40 that I'd likely add.

Add the following to Impact:

(Alan) Angels
Bully Ray
David Penzer
Dirty Dango
Jack Price
Jai Vidal
Jason Hotch
Jody Threat
Kevin Knight
KiLynn King
Kon (Ryan O'Reilly)
Santino Marella
Shogun (Jackson Stone)
Taylor Wilde
Yuya Uemura

Remove from Impact:

Bobby Fish (hasn't wrestled there for 6 months)
Eric Young (hasn't wrestled there for 6 months)
Jay White (hasn't wrestled there in almost a year)
Madman Fulton (hasn't wrestled there in a year)
Mark Briscoe (hasn't wrestled there since June last year)
Matt Cardona (hasn't wrestled there in 3 months, not on roster page)
Mercedes Martinez (hasn't wrestled there in over a year)
Rocky Romero (appeared there last month as part of the Impact/NJPW show but other than that hasn't wrestled there since July)
Tama Tonga (hasn't wrestled there in over a year)
Tanga Loa (hasn't wrestled there in over a year)
Taya Valkyrie (last wrestled in February, has signed with AEW)
VSK (hasn't wrestled there in a year)

• Thanks 1

So I've just finished updating the rosters for Game Changer Wrestling, Impact Wrestling, Major League Wrestling and National Wrestling Alliance.

I'll probably do a few more indies as well for the next update.

One thing I did notice was Shimmer and Shine, Shimmer hasn't run a show since October 2021, and it looks like Shine only runs 5 times a year, last time in September 2022 with the next planned show in Jne 2023, so I'm open with swapping them for other more active feds. Since they are US based the first US options that jump out are Prestige Wrestling, The Wrestling Revolver and West Coast Pro Wrestling, with West Coast Pro Wrestling being the strongest, that is unless anyone has any other options?

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic