The HBO original series Ballers starring Rob Corddry and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is the worst tv show I've ever watched every episode of.

K

I don't even really know what it was about.

I watched 24 hours of this show over the last couple weeks and I genuinely don't know what happened. It started off about american football, but then for some reason right-wing agitator, conspiracy theorist and 'i'm just asking questions' nutjob russel brand showed up and made it about skateboarding for a bit, before season five started and now it's about esports.

At no point was I ever sure exactly what The Rock's job was. It was something to do with finance or managing sportsmen or possibly something completely different.

At no point was I ever sure which of the men cheating on their wives was I supposed to be sympathetic to.

The show constantly tries to make dramatic moments that are undeserved. The rock's fear of water  is introduced, tackled and solved within the space of a single 29 minute episode, yet we're supposed to believe this was a long-running plot point.

In season 3 episode 4 the rock jacks it over zoom though so that was fun. Also this was only two episodes after the Rock flipped a monster truck upside down. I can't remember why he was driving a monster truck.

0/10 show. or possibly 10/10. I have no idea. As soon as the credits hit I forgot what happened in the episode I just watched. And it was fine, because the plot pinballed around so much nothing ever mattered for very long.

Quiz me on the show, I wouldn't get a single answer right. I have watched every second of this show.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, K said:

The rock's fear of water  is introduced, tackled and solved within the space of a single 29 minute episode, yet we're supposed to believe this was a long-running plot point

It was supposed to be a season long about his lifelong battle with paper, but there was a clause in his contract stating that he couldn't be portrayed that weakly.

• Haha 1

I rate your review 9/10. It lost a point for not making a reference to Dwayne Johnson jacking it as "getting his Rocks off".

4 minutes ago, Naitch said:

It was supposed to be a season long about his lifelong battle with paper, but there was a clause in his contract stating that he couldn't be portrayed that weakly.

Given his promo destruction of Billy Gunn and Gunns association with scissoring, a lot makes sense to me all of a sudden.

I watched the first series and was incredibly confused as to why I was supposed to find it interesting (bar occasional boobies). I watched the first episode of that Amazon Newcastle documentary the other week and found it boring as hell, maybe despite shiny cars sports management really isn't that exciting. Sport is great, but I've got fuckall interest in the finance.

4 hours ago, K said:

Quiz me on the show, I wouldn't get a single answer right. I have watched every second of this show.

Is the scene of the Rock jacking it worth me tracking it down? Is it funny? Sad? Engaging? 

• Haha 1

This is also the perfect answer for the below Emergency Question from Richard Herring:

Over the last few months, I’ve watched every episode of How I Met Your Mother. What is the most degrading thing you’ve done to yourself for no apparent reason?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RPS said:

Is the scene of the Rock jacking it worth me tracking it down? Is it funny? Sad? Engaging? 

nothing about the HBO original series Ballers starring Rob Corddry and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson evokes any kind of emotion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1