Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

I may do a bit of editing for Chelsea - nothing major, just make Robben able to play on the right, Duff right etc.

Speaking of which, is there a tactical instruction that makes your wingers swap flanks ala Robben/Duff?

And somethign weird happened once when I tried picking some squad numbers - it let me choose numbers for players I has signed, but wouldn't let me change existing ones, AND IT WAS on the 'Submit squad numbers for forthcoming season > Respond' screen........

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think there is such an instruction, maybe you can set free roles for Duff and Robben. What I would do though, is to switch Robben and Duff around on the tactical screen from time to time.

I would agree with either of those ideas. Swapping them constantly during matches might confuse the players tho.

Cheers for the suggestions.

My Chelsea game is going well, possibly par the champions league (got put in a group with Inter, Valencia and Kiev. Beat Kiev 3-0, lost 1-0 to Inter away, and I'm playing Valencia away next). Top of the prem by a point, first week of October.

I'm playing Duff on the left, and Geremi on the right - I had a few injurys at once, and Geremi had to play right - did well, so I left him there.

Signed Vieri for £16M. Now thinking signing a 31yr old for that price wasn't great business - expecially sinc he hasn't scored for 5 games.........

Guest The Real Deal

Got it for Xmas and im really loving this.

Im Aston Villa and I got Crespo for 2.5m he's playing okish. We're in the top 5 and went on a 9 game unbeaten run before falling to Blackburn 3-1.

So, I was playing my Chelsea game in the vicinity of my cousins who are mainly QPR fans and the like (there is one Arsenal fan...but I ignore him), and lo - I come up Away to QPR in the FA Cup 6th Round. QPR are about 6th or 7th in the Championship at this point in time, so not desparately far down.

Now I *had* just scraped through on away goals against Juventus in the Champions League four days earlier (and then drew Bayern for the Quarter Finals, bastards), but I was still going to put out a lot of my best players.

"No no no," my relatives say, "put out your second team! You've got to let your top players rest..."

So yeah, out go Lampard, Gerrard, and Kezman. In come Tiago, Joe Cole and Forssell. And so on.

I lose the game 2-0...

Moral: Never take team selection tips from people who support the opposition.

Well, I always did use to say that EWR was 'the Championship Manager' of wrestling...so the concept could logically work in reverse.

Only now replacing 'Championship' with 'Football' of course. :shifty:

And Real Deal, I think the distinction they're trying to get at is that in FM and EWR the football/wrestling matches are 'simulated', rather than you actually playing them yourself as you would in Pro Evolution Soccer or Smackdown games.

Although such a distinction probably isn't quite so clear cut, since of course you can change things in FM mid-match - so you are 'playing'...but just in the role of manager.

I LOVE THIS GAME

My Chelsea game is going well. Very well in the league anyway, I'm 9 points clear going into this christmas period. Pompey did me a huge favour beating Arsenal 3-2, and Man Utd 2-1! Man Utd beat me in the Worthington cup, but meh. Not doing so well in the Champions League - I'm through the group stage, but lost twice (to Inter. Was 2-0 up the second time and lost 3-2), but I'm just treading water rather than playing well.