Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a patch/update which updates Non-Leauge team - any non-Leauge picture packs (from below North/South Conferance) would be cool as well.

I looked about the forums on www.sortitoutsi.net but couldent find anything

Started a game with Norwich to see if I can keep them up. Rob Green has been god-like so far. After 6 games, I find myself in 13th place with 2 wins, 1 draw, and 3 losses. I blew my transfer budget on Massimo Donati, but he's been playing good so he might just be worth it. The transfer window is closed, but when it opens up again, I might sell Adam Drury, he's been drawing some attention from Mallorca, hopefully they'll make a bid for him soon so I know how much money I'll be dealing with in January, if any at all. My weak spot has been my strike force, they just don't score. I am (was) playing a defensive 4-3-3 with Huckerby, McKenzie, and Ashton upfront, but they have had no luck so far. I might try to change the tactic around, to make it a little more attacking oriented, but if I do that, it might hurt my defense.

My England game is going pretty decently. I've won 4, drawn 2 and lost 2. In my defence, the 2 defeats were friendlies which I played a second string team for.

In my last friendly, which was against Italy, I pissed of Jose Mourinho because I played John Terry for the full 90 minutes instead of his 'ordered' 45, so he had a go at me, saying that friendlies were a waste of time. I told him that I chose how long players play for. Ah, pissing of Jose Mourinho is always fun.

I intend on playing this game up until 2008 (at the earliest) then trying to take over club management and starting a diary I think. Should be interesting.

Must a question, when you set 45 minutes to a player, does that count for goal keepers, cause fucking Shay Given never gets substituted.

Also, if a international manager plays them for longer, can ya have a go at him?

Well, I'd assume so because like I said, Mourinho had a go at me in the papers for playing John Terry for to long. That said, I've never had the option to do it, but I never usually pay attention to how long they play for when I'm a club manager.

I've never given any of my players restrictions from playing internationally.

Country > Club.

Fuck that. Club > Country...in reality and on FM> :D

When you've got players moaning about being tired, then they play 90 minutes in a meaningless friendly, then it gets really annoying.

I wouldn't have that. If I ever managed an international side on this game I'll be preparing for qualification games and such so will be playing whoever I want :P.

He he, I know what ya mean. When I'm England manager, I couldn't give a flying fuck what the club managers say. When I'm a club manager, if the the national team don't follow my rules I shoot them.

Oh, this screenshot is all the interaction that happened in regards to my Alan Smith situation where he refused to play 'second-fiddle' for England.

post-126-1113858529_thumb.jpg

post-126-1113858529_thumb.jpg

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Well, after my incident with Alan Smith, I wondered how long until the next guy rejected a call-up and who it would be. Well it was David Beckham.

Worse part is, he was injured when I selected my original squad, so I couldn't select him anyhow. He rejected the call-up and I then stated he'd never play for England so long as I was in charge (:D).

Then I get a message saying he has retired from international football! No!!! My midfield is empty enough as it is!

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Managed to save my rubbish Tottenham side from a relegation embarassment, although my defence was leaky as hell.

For this season I was given a 6M transfer budget, which would be fine if I didn't need to re-enforce several positions, so I decided I needed to get rid of some key, but valuable players. So I waved good bye to Robbie Keane and Stewart Downing.

My current team now looks something like this (excluding a possible future signing):

GK: Robinson/Kameni

DR: Petri Pasanen/Noe Pamarot

DL: Wilfred Bouma/Ziegler/Fortune

DC: King/Gardner

DC: Lembo

AMR: Wesley Sneijder/Simon Davies

AML: Bonaventure Kalou/Andy Reid

MC: Michael Carrick/Tainio

MC: Michael Brown/Sean Davis

FC: Fernando Torres / Fernando / Christian Vieri

FC: Cavenaghi (Loan from Chelsea)/Ryal Babel/Freddy Kanoute

The only position I'm worried about now is the central midfield, which I plan to invest on next. My supporters now expect me to qualify for europe, hopefully I can do it.

I've also been appointed Brazil Manager, in the Semi's of the Copa America.

Mudda, if you're playing with the latest patch, please tell me you got £20m-plus for Downing. I'm in 2007 with England and he's easily the best left-winger on the game. How much did you get for him and Keane?

And that's a damn awesome front-line!

Mudda, if you're playing with the latest patch, please tell me you got £20m-plus for Downing. I'm in 2007 with England and he's easily the best left-winger on the game. How much did you get for him and Keane?

And that's a damn awesome front-line!

In my experience, the best left winger bar none is Reyes.

He is always winning player of the year, bagging 20 goals and 20 assists from the wing too.

I have had Robben, Reyes, Downing and Ronaldo all before but Reyes was clearly the better of the four. Robben is close behind though, he is awesome on this game.