Music Maven V3

Maxx

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since I signed with Basha as Pants, and am thinking of starting a new band... It's only fair that the new band sign with DBD. Thus, once I establish this new band I'll get back to you DBD.

I have 2 bands (Started 1 yesterday). My first is Kev and Dave's Waxa Crew, which is Gangsta Rap from the heart of Manchester (Might kill them, the novelty has worn off before it even begun) and the band I started yesterday are a Screamo Band called "Below Ground Zero". I'm trying to work out how to play the fucker properly with these. I need to get some songs written soon. Once I have some songs written I might apply to an EWB'ers label.

Edited by YI

A-K//Gangsta Rap

AK//West Coast Rap + label owner (MFU Music)

Born of The Phoenix//Alt. Metal

and I "co-manage" one with 3 others, a supergroup called the Exemplary Thugz.

The life of the struggling punk band Drugs Use Kids has taking a (extremely slight) turn for the good. First off, we sold out all 1950 copies (yeah, MASSIVE numbers... it's all I could afford) of our first single, "Jimmy, Hit Your Bong Again". Then after touring last month the band made a WHOPPING!!! $239 for 5 shows. Yeah, it ain't much, but we managed to from being in debt to being up $105 out of the hole. Baby steps. This month we play 11 shows, the most we've played in one month, almost as many shows we've played all together (played 7 gigs two months ago and 5 last month like I said before). Hopefully we'll make enough cash this month to spend some practice time some where other than the garage so we can write a few more damn songs! I don't care how shitty I'm doing, being a struggling band is actually pretty damn fun.

Yeah, working up from nothing is the most satisfying way to do it. I'll now regularly make $100,000 per continental tour or $60,000 for a regional tour, which is pretty good. Building up my funds to record my new album and be able to offer bigger contracts to artists.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still playing this? I've got my band pretty good, i've made a bit of money. I was offered an adequate (£30,000 per recording. 3 albums, 2 singles) out of the blue by some record label (A shitty one, I accepted though). I'm going to make my first recording in the next few months. However i've hit a problem. I wanted to sign up o nthe board so I could r/p (It's no fun otherwise). However it wont let me register. When I try and register and click i'm over 13 it does nothing. It's fucking pissing me off. I had an r/p done for tonight (And if I can't get on today i'll have to postpone my recording back 1 month). grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Anyone any help?

I still play. I own a label with AK, I have a million dollar per release deal with A-K on Thug Life Productions, and Born of the Phoenix has a $450,000 deal with Subversion Records.

Solvent has a $1,000,000 deal with Encore: West, Psychosilibin have a $625,000 contract with Subversion, and my supergroup of sorts, A Buried Novelty, have a $400,000 contract with Encore: West.

I'm managing Raging Bull and Pants, both running under the After Dark Records and Little Green Alien Records of EWB fame. Pants is getting ready to record their new album "Remembering Robbie" while Raging Bull is beginning to write new songs after enjoying fortune with their debut album "Introduction To The Rage". Good times, good times.

Ohm's Law is still rocking, although their health is falling into negative numbers...

We might do some minor promotion work to keep us in the game, the rest of the time taking a nice long vacation.

Then coming back stronger than ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Psychosilibin's "Psychosilibin Takes New York...Again!" debuted at #5. :D

I've fallen to 75 as far as popularity goes, down from 100.... <_<

Oh well. We're planning a big comeback.

I still need to polish up the Mixtape Meltdown Vol. 2 tracks and I think A-K has a few unreleased songs that could go for singles, and Born of the Phoenix just needs titles for songs and they should be able to record..