Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got Soul Silver on Thursday and beat Morty last night.

What the fuck is this Minesweeper shit in the Game Corner? It's a ridiculous way to get coins and makes it nigh impossible to get the awesome TMs that are Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt.

Goddamn you Game Freak, making me have to get Thunderbolt from elsewhere. My Starmie will not be complete without it :(

Mankey is your friend vs Brock :)

I've got one now but cannot level him up. He just dies too quickly. I don't have enough cash for any potions so I'm pretty much screwed. I may just start over since I'm not to far in the game.

So who wants to give me a Water Stone? I've got, like, eight of them on my Pearl game, but I only have physical access to one DS.

I'd also like an Ice Beam TM (which I can replace from Pearl if you don't want to be out an Ice Beam TM) but that's not as big of an issue right now.

Any help would be appreciated :)

So I'm playing LEAFGREEN at the moment. How long do I have to run around Viridian Forrest before I run into a Pikachu?

Or is it just random? Any particular area of the forrest I should look at?

It's anywhere in the forest, and I believe it's a 5% chance to run into one, but don't quote me on that.

Also UPDATE I've found a way to get a Water stone, so that's set. Now is there anyone with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum who would be willing to trade me an Ice Beam TM? I can replace it quite easily from my Pearl, but again, I only have physical access to one DS, and my other option would be risky trickery using the GTS.

Anyone with firered, or leafgreen, that doesn't want their copy anymore, yanno who does? Summers does. :o

I can't find it for less than a tenner, and that's from like.. asia? I want to play with the original pokemon on my DS.

So I'm playing LEAFGREEN at the moment. How long do I have to run around Viridian Forrest before I run into a Pikachu?

It's anywhere in the forest, and I believe it's a 5% chance to run into one, but don't quote me on that.

Also UPDATE I've found a way to get a Water stone, so that's set. Now is there anyone with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum who would be willing to trade me an Ice Beam TM? I can replace it quite easily from my Pearl, but again, I only have physical access to one DS, and my other option would be risky trickery using the GTS.

Depending on who you want to give the TM to, you may be able to get it by other means if you get a male Smeargle, since the only move it knows is to copy a move from another Pokemon permanently (it'll keep the move after the battle), and breed it with a female of the Pokemon you want to learn the move.

Depending on who you want to give the TM to, you may be able to get it by other means if you get a male Smeargle, since the only move it knows is to copy a move from another Pokemon permanently (it'll keep the move after the battle), and breed it with a female of the Pokemon you want to learn the move.

That would work if I wasn't trying to get Ice Beam on a soon-to-be-Starmie, which is genderless. :P

That would also have the issue of finding something with Ice Beam in the first place for Smeargle to Sketch it from, which I don't have at this stage in the game. I'm in Mahogany and going to face Pryce either tomorrow or the day after. I'm going to want Ice Beam preferably before facing Clair, or else I'm going to have to visit the Move Relearner and get Ice Fang on a Piloswine.

Then evolve it into a WOOLLY MAMMOTH :D

I'm just trying to sound smart after recently getting back into a Pokemon phase and attempting to learn all the changes from the original games <_<.

If you don't want to waste the TM right now, then I'd suggest going with Dewgong, Cloyster, Lapras, Articuno, or Glalie/Frosglass since they all learn the move via level up.

Or head to the Veilstone Game Corner and just earn enough coin so you can just buy more Ice Beam TMs.

Can I just say how much I <3 the Pokewalker? It got me a Magby and it makes Scyther look badass when it's on there. Two awesome reasons right there. Plus, it's making me ridiculously rich too :D

In Ecruteak, having just beaten Morty. Pretty confident I've got the team that's gonna bring me to the Elite Four, which is currently standing at Bayleef, Pidgeotto, Geodude, Psyduck, Magby and Flaaffy, all around Lv. 23-24. Without a doubt this is the most fun I've had in a Pokemon game since Fire Red and Leaf Green, levelling up and all that isn't a chore at all and I'm just...having fun again. Which I didn't have with Diamond & Pearl whatsoever, in retrospect. The storyline doesn't impose as much in G/S, too, which is nice.

Pokeathlon is good for a nice break but it's a tad repetitive at times, and some of the events are just bleh. But, yeah. This game has brought me back firmly in to the Pokemon club :)

I'm grinding a bit around Ecruteak myself, Kats. I had Croconaw, Onix (traded at..Violet is it?) and Flaafy all up around 20-21, but only Croconaw wasgoing to be a part of my final team. I’m using Togepi (to cover for the currently uncatchable Larvitar), and then I added Growlithe, Eevee and Headbutted my way to a Heracross who are all going to be in my team, but two out of these four you get at level 1/5, so I had a bunch of underpowered pokemon in my party and I couldn’t really progress any further otherwise I would have just ended up solo’ing the game with Croconaw or something.

I have at the moment:

Togetic Lv17

Heracross Lv 15

Growlithe Lv 20

Eevee Lv20

Onix Lv20

Croconaw Lv24

I’m going to try and push them through to 25 before I go into the Ghost Gym. Looks like I’ll have to use Croconaw for that gym, due to Eevee not learning Bite until 29 (Why does Eevee suck so hard? :( ). Maybe I can bump it up another four levels. One thing that is frustrating is that Stantler keeps kicking my ass. Its Stomp does soo much damage :(

I'm in the 2nd gym, is the pokewalker actually useful? I didn't really spend much time figuring it out. I'm just going with my Totodile and Flaafy/Wooper for now but I want to pick up a Noctowl, mostly what I used in the original gold.

Depends on the course and stuff, I found. The items are, in general, better than the Pokemon because it's really random and difficult to get the one you want at some times. Managed to nab a Staryu earlier on Beautiful Beach, which was cool, and of course I got my Magby on Rugged Road which was much <3. But, yeah, the items are really worth it, here's a couple examples:

Refreshing Field - Revive after 2,500 Steps

Noisy Forest - doesn't really have much, it's probably the most useless of the courses.

Rugged Road - Star Piece (worth 4900) after 2,000, Red Shard after 3,000 and PP Up after 7,000

Beautiful Beach - Big Pearl (3750) after 4,000

Residential Area - PP Up after 5,000

Plus, Yellow Forest is out soon on WiFi, which will include Flying Pikachu and Surfing Pikachu on it, which might be rather useful for some people.

I'm grinding a bit around Ecruteak myself, Kats. I had Croconaw, Onix (traded at..Violet is it?) and Flaafy all up around 20-21, but only Croconaw wasgoing to be a part of my final team. I’m using Togepi (to cover for the currently uncatchable Larvitar), and then I added Growlithe, Eevee and Headbutted my way to a Heracross who are all going to be in my team, but two out of these four you get at level 1/5, so I had a bunch of underpowered pokemon in my party and I couldn’t really progress any further otherwise I would have just ended up solo’ing the game with Croconaw or something.

I have at the moment:

Togetic Lv17

Heracross Lv 15

Growlithe Lv 20

Eevee Lv20

Onix Lv20

Croconaw Lv24

I’m going to try and push them through to 25 before I go into the Ghost Gym. Looks like I’ll have to use Croconaw for that gym, due to Eevee not learning Bite until 29 (Why does Eevee suck so hard? :( ). Maybe I can bump it up another four levels. One thing that is frustrating is that Stantler keeps kicking my ass. Its Stomp does soo much damage :(

Those Stantlers are a bitch. I ended up beating Morty with my Psyduck using Confusion and Flaaffy using Thunder Wave & Thunder a fair bit on them, which was pretty easy. If you wanna grind up quick then go in to the Burned Tower, there seems to be a fair few Magmar in there that have about 350 exp each.

Also, can I just say that levelling Togepi got ridiculously easy when it got to about...Level 3, because then Extrasensory just rapes everything in sight.

About to try to take on the Elite Four with this lineup (All Level 40)

Magmar

Vaporeon

Heracross

Tauros

Gengar

Meganium

Overall, training Pokemon has been a bitch, only because there are so few wild pokemon that provide a lot of EXP points. It gets better at Victory road, but it's been a really slow process. I guess your Pokemon can't be too high levels because you still have to make it through Kanto.

Glad to hear people are finding the Pokewalker worthwhile. I'll probably give it another try soon. It seems kinda complicated and I didn't have the patience at first.