Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know no one probably gives two shits about the Anime. I don't follow it myself at all. It looks like the Anime is going to have a Major shake up soon.

From what I understand, they wrote off Meowth in Japan recently. Ash just got the last badge. It appears that rather than have a lame tournament where Ash ends up loosing, like all the other regions, they're going to go ahead and have Ash face the Elite Four this time, and it looks like Ash is finally going to finally win and become the league champion.

After that, it looks like they're going to try and reboot the anime franchise using the protagonist from Pokemon Black and White.

• Like 1

I started watching it again when I got Diamond a few years ago. Then ITV started dicking around on when they showed it and they didn't get any new episodes for ages. I then couldn't be bothered to go about watching it through other means.

Wait, wait, he still hasn't won a Tournament?

Surely he's won at least one of them? I mean... come on, the kid must have participated in like 7 or 8 different ones that I'm sure he probably got to the finals off? Ash Ketchum, Choke Artist Extraordinaire.

• Like 1

I hope they do shake things up. I actually caught up on episodes of the anime, and I only watched the episodes that had major events or contest stuff (because some of the stuff they do up for contests is pretty cool). I am interested in seeing any of what Slide said does happen, and what the theme song will be for the new season.

Yeah, but the Orange League was mostly filler while they bought time for Gold and Silver to come out.

But yeah, Ash has lost every tournament he's been in so far.

Actually his team right now is probably the strongest he's had till now. He has almost a full team of fully evolved Pokemon now, minus Pikachu.

As far as I'm aware, they didn't. I believe it was another "Meowth gets a crush on a Pokemon and considers leaving Team Rocket" episode. That's all it was...and there's been nothing that I've heard about him facing the E4 either, other than the fact they've all appeared in this series so far.

has there been a re-union of the orginal trio? I know Brock comes back at some point but is Misty still around.

I still can't type her name without hearing Ant going 'MMMMMMISTY!!' during the PokeFights on SMTV live.

Misty only came back for a couple episodes I think, but she hasn't been seen in a while. I think she was only around when May and Max were tagging along with Ash.

I have come up with a plan for the first week of my holiday. A Poke-thon!

My aim to to blitz Gold, caputuring every pokemon in the dex over the week, while posting updates. Would this need it's own thread (ala my FF IX thon that didn't get finished)? Or be kept in here?

Unless someone has a copy of Red/Blue/Yellow they can lend to me for a week :shifty:

I have come up with a plan for the first week of my holiday. A Poke-thon!

My aim to to blitz Gold, caputuring every pokemon in the dex over the week, while posting updates. Would this need it's own thread (ala my FF IX thon that didn't get finished)? Or be kept in here?

Unless someone has a copy of Red/Blue/Yellow they can lend to me for a week :shifty:

Version exclusives, RBY starters and legendaries, and Celebi will all make that a bit hard.

But best of luck.

So more pokemon have been revealed, plus the B/W legendary types. One legendary is Dragon/Electric and the other is Dragon/Fire, which is a pretty nice combination.

The pokemon revealed are a normal chinchilla, a psychic pig-like pokemon (looks more like a ball of pink with flowers), a steel gear pokemon (which seems like it will be the plusle and minun of Gen 5), a normal/flying bird (they seriously need to stop making more Pidgey's and come up with more original ideas), a fire ape (a beefed up version of a chimchar more or less), an electric zebra, and a ground/dark crocodile. Pics are here:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Started back up with my "Silver" game this morning, beat the Elite 4 and the utter bellend Lance, and now pissing about Kanto, trying to remember from all those years ago where it is you get the Fire stone so I can evolve my Vulpix. Looking to change my team up a bit, but it's finding something I actually want in my team. The team that beat the Elite 4 was;

Croconaw [Lv.49]

Noctowl [Lv.44] (Which was knocked out in the 1st battle and I was never arsed to revive it]

Hypno [Lv.52] (Killing machine!)

Vulpix [Lv.45]

Sudowoodo [Lv.45]

Gyrados [Lv.44]

Currently rocking the same team (Hypno now Lv.54, Vulpix 46, Croconaw 50) but with Noctowl out and Lugia at Lv.42 in. Really want to get a grass type in I think, not really sure. I just want to change shit up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...