Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

I always forget just how much of a bitch Mt Moon is with the pokemon you have at that time. Relying on Butterfree's confusion move the entire way through does not seem all that sensible.

Also, Bulbasaur is a hell of a lot shitter than I remember him being.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always forget just how much of a bitch Mt Moon is with the pokemon you have at that time. Relying on Butterfree's confusion move the entire way through does not seem all that sensible.

Also, Bulbasaur is a hell of a lot shitter than I remember him being.

Bulbasaur is for bitches. Charmander > All.

I intentionally didn't choose Charmander because he is too awesome and I wanted to force myself use a different fire pokemon like Vulpix.

Whereas Bulbasaur and Squirtle I'm quite happy to discard, and I chose Bulbasaur because I can get a good replacement grass pokemon earlier than I can get a good replacement water pokemon. Unfortunately this cannot happen until I get to the other side of Mt. Moon, so I'm currently stuck with him.

Just got to the Nugget Bridge with the following selection of pokemon (all circa Lv 16):

Ivysaur

Pidgey

Rattata

Butterfree

Pikachu

Clefairy

Nothing especially bizarre so far of course, and at this stage half of those are just making up the numbers, although I will not rest until Clefairy is the most badass motherfucker on the planet.

Just got to the Nugget Bridge with the following selection of pokemon (all circa Lv 16):

Ivysaur

Pidgey

Rattata

Butterfree

Pikachu

Clefairy

Nothing especially bizarre so far of course, and at this stage half of those are just making up the numbers, although I will not rest until Clefairy is the most badass motherfucker on the planet.

I didn't realise that Clefairy could evolve into Heracross.

• Like 2

Have to agree somewhat with TCO here, the newer pokemon (especially in Black/White) just look stupid ._.

Sure, there are a few that are indefensible looks-wise, but there are quite a lot of others that are actually pretty good. My most recent run included a Vanilluxe and a Gothitelle.

Have to agree somewhat with TCO here, the newer pokemon (especially in Black/White) just look stupid ._.

I've never understood that argument. The first generation included Pokémon based on magnets, sludge, eggs, tangled grass, and various other silly stuff, there's some silliness in every generation, it's all part of the wonderful world that is Pokémon.

• Like 1