Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*plugs the website in sig, which is a Pokemon Text-Based RPG*

If you want advice let me know, this place is pretty cool, has two regions of fakemon including stuff that plays off of old RBY gags like Pikablu, Mewthree and Missingno, and the community is filled with some quality people that love the series.

Edited by Whtie Dolphin

Other new B/W2 stuff:

Two new items: the "Shining Charm", which ups the rate of you encountering Shiny Pokemon, and the "Round Charm", which makes it more likely for the Daycare guy to find an egg.

You can face the three brothers in a 2 v 2 match (you have Dent/Cilan as your partner). Heatran, Cresselia, all three Regis+Gigas are all catchable, as is Latias/Latios depending on your game. Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf can be caught too. Seems a weird collection of legendaries really.

I'd get a lot of use out of the Round Charm. Really couldn't care about catching a shiny, but I'm sure once one of my friends finds out about that item he'll be talking about his shiny Umbreon that he wants. Although, you have to complete the National Dex to get it, so at least it is a challenge. And completing the Unova Dex for the Round Charm.

Definitely a weird collection of legendaries. Wonder if they'll have anything to do with the plot or if they're just tossed in for no reason.

Being able to up the difficulty sounds interesting. Not sure if I'll up it as soon as I get the item to do so during the main playthrough or up it after I beat it to make things more difficult once there's nothing left to do for the main story.

Also, Route 4 will be different depending on the version. In B2 it will seem like a nice street that is completed, whereas in W2 it will have more of a desert feel and seem like a shanty town.

Finding a shiny without assistance is part of the fun though. When I came across a shiny Whismur on Emerald I was buzzing!

Going to load up Black 2 now, just got the first badge off Chili, so can deposit Panpour into the box and continue with Snivy and Patrat. Fearsome team. :)

Using the shaking grass to find Audino's is the greatest thing ever. Patrat and Servine are shaping up nicely. I really could use a third pokemon though, I've caught everything available so far I think except for Blitzle - but not sure I want any of them in my team.

Drilbur, Pidove, Woobat, Munna, Purrloin, Audino etc. I have them all but not sure I want any of them in my team long term. Patrat will also get dropped sooner or later. I dislike the early 'cute' pokemon, but I suppose leveling one up for a while as a third choice wouldn't be a bad idea.

Drilbur is kickass! It becomes Excadrill!

As for "having a third choice" - I restarted my game when I was stuck in the no-mans-land created by needing Zekrom to beat N and not having a team strong enough to handle East Unova. I didn't take any battle using a pokemon that wasn't going to be in my final team. I solo'd with Oshawott until I captured my Sigilyph, rolled with two until I grabbed Ferrothorn, then picked up Golurk, Druddigon and Mienfoo in fairly short order. I wanted to have "no wasted EXP" because I started levelling up two pokemon that kinda sucked the first time around and it was EXP that could have been better spent elsewhere.

It was pretty successful too, The only two times I didn't use one of these six was in the electric gym where my starter got super'd + crit and...another time where I was solo'ing and got crit'd. In both cases I had a Herdier in my team at the time that exacted immediate vengeance. I demolished N and my team is at 56+ across the board. Didn't even need to run Zekrom in the final battle, my Druddigon damn-near OHKO'd him.

Short version: if you don't wanna use 'em, don't keep 'em :D

Wasting EXP can be a bit of a pain but with Audino training easy enough to do it's not as bad as it could be. I think I may draft in Drilbur for the time being though, although I've never been a massive ground type user.

Ever since I started my mass play-throughs to accumulate a complete sinnohdex I have found it almost mandatory to have a Pokemon that can hand out STAB earthquake as it makes your offence so dynamic. It's right up there with ice beam as a must-have.

Well I have my third badge now and my team is Drilbur and Servine. Took a little bit of effort to take down Leavanny but after Servine's second growth tackle was dealing some good damage, it was just Bug Struggle was being a pain and Burgh obviously had two Hyper Potions to use.

Patrat has been dropped down to the box now, I have all the elemental monkeys and I think, other than Venipede, I may have every pokemon availabled to catch so far. I'll get a Venipede shortly but have no use for one, in fact I think it's evolution line is one of the most comical - and worst - I have seen in the game.

As it stands I have no interest in using any of the pokemon I have so far in my team, but they will all need evolved at some point. I don't often use a flying type (by the end of the game I'm usually flying from town to town on a level 5 pidget, taillow, pidove etc.) so I may include one of them - but I want to see what is available first.

I'm thinking of doing another playthrough of a game I haven't tried yet.

I'm thinking of either Ruby or Platinum (i've played Emerald and Pearl). I'm going to do the playthrough with a team full of guys i've never tried. Reccommendations?

I haven't used Tropius so i'd use that. I used Dusclops in my Ruby playthough...Oh shit I borrowed a friend's Ruby. I forgot about that. Would have to be Sapphire then <_<

Tropius/Absol/Grumpig/Mawile I'd be down with using. I have no way of acquiring a Kingdra otherwise i'd be keen for that too. Tentacruel intrigues me.

EDIT: Can't Mawile with Sapphire either. I've used a Sableye before too. Frowns. I had a mono-poison team designed but i've lost the list. I'll redesign it amongst my shortlist.

Mono-Poison Team:

Roselia

Seviper

Dustox

Tentacruel

Swalot

Weezing

Shortlist of other options:

Tropius

Absol

Grumpig

Nosepass

Platinum Mono-Poison team:

Roserade

Skuntank

Toxicroak

Tentacruel

Dustox

Gengar (Have used Haunter but nevr Gengar for some reason)

Problem is a fair few of them are non-evolving so that would make me shy away a little bit, but I'll leave it up to you. Your game afterall.

I don't know if I've seen anyone use Tentacruel before either which is why I suggested, most people just seem that as annoyances and the Geodude/Zubat's of the sea!

Maybe one of the fossils as well, or see if you can master a Keclon. :)