Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I should spot you as you enter, so I don't think youll need to do anything with the monitor in the room.

Edit: Much thanks. Hopefully tomorrow's swarm is Route 9 <_<

Edited by Vitamin E

:o Bind, Reflect, SolarBeam, Ice Beam...

As I said I'm buying Black but a Houndour will still be appreciated. Now do I EV train on White or Pearl or at all, hmm.. with no IV guy either it'll be a bit of a pain.

If you like that move set on it it's because I carefully chose to make up for the bad defense. If it's a bad one then it's because I stopped caring about using it during the main playthrough :shifty:

Edited by Vitamin E

Enjoyable except for Bind really. Not that I'd probably use this for a serious EV run as it's stats don't seem good enough. There seems to be a small group of pokemon that can be used seriously for stuff like Battle Tower/Frontier.

EDIT: And being able to get the ideal set ups is even harder too.

Edited by IAceI

I had wanted an Ice type for Opelucid/the Druddigon in the second run through of the Elite Four. Tried using a Vanillish, but I really couldn't have it gain EXP from beating Pokemon since the defenses were horrible, and didn't want to spend the time level grinding it. Ended up finding a Cryogonal steps before I exited Twist Mountain, so caught it and decided to use that. Made it through Opelucid just fine, but after that I gave up on using it with the shoddy defense stat. I had everything else at or above level 80 and it was still at 65, and I ended up being fine with four level 80 and up Pokemon in the Elite Four the second time.

If I EV trained it it could be pretty nice. It has great Speed and SpDef. The Def being a base of 30 sucks, though.

Defence base 30 is almost level 1 on an evolution scale. For comparison's sake it's lower than both Poliwag's and Oddish's defence stats :o

EDIT: Out of boredom I may up the good ole Emerald emulator and see if I can get to the Battle Frontier since I can up it to about 3-4x quicker and I'm waiting for Black now.

Edited by IAceI

Squeeeeee Black/White 2 spoilers:

Iris is the champion, Latias is in the game, Regigagas is around, you can changed Black City and White Forest around now (so you can have both it seems)...and worst of all, Zubat is in the game

:angry:

Not sure I like being able to switch between White Forest and Black City. Those two things were something that made version exclusives actually matter to me, since it was more than just, "Oh, you can't get Ekans in THIS version!" Having version exclusive areas is a nice idea, and I'm hoping for future games that there's more. I guess if anything it would mean that it doesnt matter what version I get, though.

Read some other spoilers and some of the stuff seems like nice, small additions. Like the HP/EXP bar being black in Black 2 and White in White 2. Nothing great, but it's a neat little addition.

Seriously cannot wait for the release date for North America to be announced, though. I will definitely preorder the game.

It'll probably be a case of, if people don't have Black or White but want Black or White 2 they can say, "Oh you don't have the old ones where you needed both to be able to do much? No worries. In Black and White 2 we've essentially combined the original 2! And then implemented a load more version exclusive stuff into these ones now!"

That said I still can't wait for Black and White 2 to come out. Sooner the better, my copy of Black arrived last night but not had a chance to start it just yet. Hopefully that will come tonight, with White being used for all my super strong Dream World offers (therefore meaning I can't restart without losing) - Black will be able to keep me entertained for a while, or at least until the 2nd versions come out.

I'll probably start with Snivy in this one. I used Oshawott in White, and while I don't mind Tepig it's fully evolved forms is one of the worst looking fire starters of any game in my opinion. Emboar doesn't even look like a thing, just a fire ball with arms and legs, so probably Snivy for me.

Quite looking forward to getting stuck in again now, been a while since I played White properly and I can't really remember much so it'll be like a new game probably.

More B/W2 stuff:

The Tournament thing has you facing Unova leaders first, then Kanto, then you unlock the Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh leaders as you clear more and more. Eventually it seems you unlock the Champion Tournament against Red, Blue, Lance, Wallace, Steven, Cynthia and Alder. Aweeeesome

:D

Im trying to refrain from reading too much about the additions, but I just can't help myself. Really can't wait for a release date for over here to be announced. Lots of neat additions, including:

something similar to the Battle Factory where you can rent Pokemon to battle with, which I loved in Gen IV

Something I actually hope they add at some point, if they decide to keep the Global Link feature for future games, is the ability to send Pokemon in bulk to the Global Link from one game, then easily retrieve them from another game that is synced with your account. That, and the ability to upload battle videos to the site and view them online.

I'll probably start with Oshawott in B/W2. I chose Snivy in White and Black, and both times never used it during my main playthrough. I LOVE Serperior, but the move pool is too shallow for me to use during a main playthrough (even properly training it I'll only use it as a secondary kind of thing). Emboar I like because it has great HP and I actually like the way it looks, but being the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row didn't help it at all. REALLY hoping if/when a Gen VI comes around that there won't be any Fighting as a secondary type for starters. Something new would be very welcomed.

The Speed Gamers just now caught their 646 pokemon, and raised $55,000+ for ACT Today! having played the games for the past week. Great achievement.

As for starter in B/W2, no idea yet. Just started black before with Snivy, and I have a Patrat in my team too. The box has some weaker ones in but I haven't found anything just yet that I want to keep in my team.