Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Are there any Pokemon you've ever never really trained (or used)? I mean obviously with the newer ones that's more likely but I mean the original 151-251 etc.

To memory, I can never, ever remember training an Onix or a Paras. I also don't recall ever using a Pinskr or Tauros either, but that's mainly because my teams were set by the time I got to Celadon...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Nevermind, did it and it worked fine. The Pokemon from the last game were hacked to holy hell, though. Charizard has Sing and Volt Tackle in its move set.

Anyway, if anyone would want to my friend code is 1507 1646 6762. Probably won't be doing much with it for a while, though, unless anyone has good spares they want to get rid of.

Currently training on Route 3 with a Herdier, Servine, Panpour, and Blitzle. Was using a Purrloin, but I just can't get into it so I'm reducing it to the Cut HM Pokemon. Hopefully I'll come across a couple more to add to the party that I want to use after Nacrene.

Edited by Vitamin E

Yeah, I never used it when I had White, mostly because at first I was like, "oh these monkeys seem cool," but then they showed up EVERYWHERE. Kind of put me off on using them. I'm just waiting to replace it, but until then I might as well have it leveled up in case.

I want to try and get the same team I had in White: Seismitoad, Krookodile, Throh, Sigilyph, and Darmanitan. Can't remember the sixth, but it made it easy to blast through the Elite Four.

Actually, trying to change it up a bit to see how I like some of the Pokemon. Still using Seismitoad, but adding Galvantula, Chandelure, Conkeldurr, Scolipede, and Beartic to the team, since I never used those when I had White.

Edited by Vitamin E

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just started a new game, and I can't decide on a rival name. I wanted to choose "Zoidberg" to go with the "Why not Zoidberg?" meme, but it's a seven character limit. Someone help me choose a rival name!

Take his first name? Dr John?

• Like 1

Does anyone have a Gentle and/or Naughty natured Ditto? I was finally able to get the other 19 or so natures (only got one of the neutral natured ones), but I know trying to get the final two in the Giant Chasm will just be a bitch.

Im hoping within the next couple days I'll be ready to go through the Elite Four again. All but two are at 75, the other three are around 76-78. Just been battling trainers in the Stadium/Court in Nimbasa and Black City to level up so that I can blast through the Elite Four each time. Make it a bit easier to level up the Pokemon I EV train.

Also, there is a Victini event going on again via Wi-Fi for North America. If you didn't get the Victini in December you can get it, so I assume if you got the Victini that came with the game when it came out you'll be good.

Ace, it depends. If you've been playing the game for a good while and haven't taken a break from it I'd say go ahead with Green/Silver for a while to give a little break from the current game. It'd give you time to try and plan out the EV training in the mean time as well. Of course, that's assuming you're anything like me, who gets incredibly overwhelmed with 5 generations of Pokemon to EV train <_<

Edited by Vitamin E

I think the main issue is I could use Green and Silver to get some of the good Pokemon over to Pearl to EV train and use them in the Battle Tower etc. But similarly, I could just play Green/Silver to enjoy, and wait for Black and White 2 before I start trying to build up a big time pokedex. I'm prepared to get a GBA if necessary to bring other Pokemon along, so I guess that means I'll play Green or Silver. The issue now is.. which? :shifty:

My main issue with Gen II is that there didn't seem to be enough new ferocious Pokemon and there was too many pre-evolution 'cute' pokemon for my liking, but I am determined to at least complete it and enjoy it as I'm unsure I ever completed the original Gold and Silver on GB.

Just checked White as well and I have a Naughty natured Ditto if you want it. I have no intention of breeding on White anytime soon so no real need for it, got anything of interest?

.. Having said all this looking through my White box of Pokemon and I'm seeing some great Gen Vers that would be lovely to raise! I beat the game with a pretty unimaginative team to be honest, not sure what I was really doing at the time I stopped playing.

I'd personally play Green/Silver to enjoy, only because the GTS is around to get any Pokemon you'd want more or less. That's me, though. I'm trying to get some EV training done before B/W2, and I think I'm finally starting to get less overwhelmed by it all. Have to force myself to focus on three Pokemon per generation and to not EV train them so that their stats are all balanced (i.e., Superior I'm barely going to EV train either of the Attack stats and instead go for the defenses). Also trying to refrain from using popular builds because it isn't as fun to me. I'd rather do it myself and lose 9 times out of 10 than take a pre-existing build. Again, though, that's just me.

When I quickly went through the Generations, Johto had the least amount of Pokemon that interested me in training. The generation itself is good, just the Pokemon aren't so much so.

I'd say do Green first then SoulSilver. Not only would it be in the 'correct' order, but it would also mean going from decent graphics in Green to the great graphics in Silver.

I don't think I really have anything of interest, except for a ton of spare Ditto's that have repeat natures <_<. I have all the starters at the moment, but anything else I have is pretty much just some Pokemon I picked up along the way through Unova. Is there anything in particular you might be looking for? Might be able to at least get it for you.

Superior?

Also are you playing Black or White? Also do you not find the GTS annoyingly unnegotiable? People only seem to want Level 100 legendaries for Level 100 legendaries.

Edited by IAceI

Er, Serperior <_<.

I'm playing Black version. Last time I had White, but only because my friend had gotten Black. Black just seems a lot better just because of Black City.

And yeah. The GTS can be rather stupid. I find it worse when someone wants to trade their level 100 legendary for a level 5 of the same legendary. I don't understand how many of those people are just trolling or if they are completely serious. Luckily if I need any Pokemon my friend tends to have the ones I want and he breeds them for me.

Well tell him to breed me some sometime if needed. :shifty: The problem is you can't really get a foothold on trading without some good pokemon to give away to get the ones you want, and since legendaries can't be bred, then it can just be a pain.

Since I have White, a Black exclusive will be nice. Always enjoyed Houndour, so one of them would be swell? :)

I actually will need a Houndour of my own at some point so it'll work out for the both of us for him to breed one for me, unless I can come across the Swarm on Route 9. I can also get you a Vullaby and Gothita if you have neither. If there are any Pokemon in particular not from Black or White I can see if my friend has them.

Did you want any specific nature on Vullaby/Gothita/Houndour, and do you want Pokerus on them?

Edited by Vitamin E

I'll probably never get round to training them thoroughly so no need, I enjoy breeding them myself when I get time and into it so I'm happy to do it myself. I don't know what I can offer in exchange for two of the 3 though.

When does Black 2 and White 2 come out in English, because then I'll be right back into it probably and your friend will be of more use to me. :shifty:

I'll get on it in the next few days. Can get a Solosis as Reuniclus was one of my main pokemon, think I have a Rufflet as well in the box. We'll arrange a trade time later in the week - I think I have you in my friends list already.

Sounds good. You might have the friend code I had for White Version. Just in case, my current Friend Code is 1507 1646 6762.

EDIT: New info about B/W2:

The first images of CoroCoro have been revealed, showcasing the final bits of pre-release information for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2.

First, it has the full art of Keldeo's Resolution Form

Some version exclusives have been confirmed: Magby/Magmar/Magmortar & Buneary/Lopunny are exclusive to Black 2, while Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire and Skitty/Delcatty are exclusive to White 2

Cities have had vast changes from Black & White

PokéTransfer works for all Generation IV DS games

Different cave between versions. One game is Water based, while the other is Magma based. Black City & White Forest return

Elesa's Gym has become like a fashion show. She has a Flaaffy

In the forest in Sangi Town, you need Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion in order to change form to Resolution Form. It appears to change once it learns Secret Sword. Resolution Form is 1.4m and 48.5kg

First WiFi distribution confirmed. A Piplup that knows Sing is to be given over WiFi on Black 2 & White 2 only from July 20th 2012 to August 9th 2012

You will receive a special Fes Mission in Castelia City if you show a person Meloetta. This mission, A Great Berry Search Adventure, has you search for Berries in Unova. It lasts 3 minutes. Another Fes Mission is the "Search for Audino" mission

The Join Avenue image shows the user at a shop where an item is being sold, 'Gambare A Lunch', which is said to increase Hit Point Base Points (as in EVs) when consumed by a Pokémon

Porygon confirmed to be available within Pokémon Dream Radar. You can use Dream Orbs obtained in Dream Radar to power your capture device

Item is confirmed to change the forms of Tornadus, Thundurus & Landorus. It is called the Reflecting Mirror and is only found by taking the Landorus captured in Dream Radar to a specific area of the game. This item will change the Sacred Beast Formes into Incarnation Forme. They also have different abilities. Tornadus has Regenerator, Thundurus has Volt Absorb, Landorus has Intimidate

You can receive items via Dream Radar

Edited by Vitamin E