Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

October 12th Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 will be coming to the UK. Good stuff, can't wait to get stuck into it. Will have to make my current Black game drag out a bit probably to keep myself up to date but that shouldn't be a problem as I have loads to be getting on with anyways. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got a Houndour that I will be breeding soon if you still need one, Ace. Also have a couple Phione hatched if anybody has anything they'd want to trade for it.

Anyone happen to have a female Ralts with the hidden ability?

• 2 weeks later...

So I often find myself humming random game songs at work, over the last week I've been on a heavy Pokémon theme kick, and when I started whistling Lance's final battle theme from GSC, one of my co-workers mistook it for "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West. The sound of the intro is uncanny.

VS

Conquest came out recently in the UK. Trying to decide if I want it; anyone heard anything about it?

The present Lady Skumfrog has it and absolutely loves it, though she loves all things Pokémon. It looks absolutely bonkers, but pretty good. They seem to have toned down the feudal Japan stuff for the English language version, though.

There's going to be a Keldeo event for Black/White coming up soon. In the US it is August 27th-October 6th through Gamestop, and in the UK it is September 1st-October 11th through Gamestation and GAME.

Also, the Pokedex Pro App will be available November 8th for North America, and the Dream Radar app will be available the same day as B/W2, though I assume people would assume that.

Edited by Vitamin E

• 2 months later...

I hate how little I care about this generation of Pokémon. I've still not completed B&W, and I just realised that 2 came out the other day but I don't want it at all. It's not that the generation is bad (I loved the Pokémon designs) and it's not that I've grown out of it (Emerald and FireRed are my most played games on my phone), I just can't seem to click with this gen at all.

I feel the same way, I couldn't emotionally invest in this generation.

I realise that I might cop some flak for this, because the prevailing opinion is that the game has been the same since Gen 1, but I think Gen V is the premiere example of sacrificing gameplay for the illusion of a plot. I responded to the plot, and wanted to stop the rat bastard N...but once I had there was no compelling reason to keep playing.

Gen III was a bit the same, but not to this degree. Stop trying to shoehorn a plot in! I just wanna be the very best!

B/W2 comes out over here tomorrow, Benji.

I need to go get Keldeo today. I kept putting it off then the Game next to where I work closed down <_<.

Personally, this is my favourite Generation since Gen II originally came out. RSE and particualry DPPt were just rehashing the same thing over and over again. Aqua/Magma and Galactic were just poor Team Rocket rehashes. I think the Story in B/W and particularly the complete overhaul of Pokemon really put me back in to the mood with it. I've also finally got people to play it with, I guess, which has enchanced how much I like it. It just seems to me that since HG/SS they've really upped their game again.

I wonder if that's what I'm missing. I used to have J as a rival to motivate me to beat him/the game. I need a new rival :(

I looooved Sinnoh, I wasted hours on the mining element, and I adored the map.

Emerald was my favourite. Just enough focus on the story, had the most awesome Battle Frontier, and generally never really ended.

B/W 2 have the whole World Tournament to go after, facing past gym leaders and champions and all. Probably not something that will last a long time, but I'm looking forward to it.

Went with Oshawott as my starter this time (I love Servine, but I couldn't use it in Black or White for the main story). Just beat my second gym leader and just trying to level grind. Weird to go from Borderlands 2, where there is always a story to earn you levels, to Pokemon, where you have to take a break from the story to gain levels.

I don't see how anyone could prefer the originals.

Black/White and especially BW2 have so many improvements. Gameplay, graphics, and more. The changes just are amazing. Good mix of new and old pokemon as well.

There's still stubborn people stuck on the old stuff I guess.

I love the habitat option for the pokedex where it stamps an area when you've seen all in area and has icons for when you've caught them all.