Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone gotten the Eevee in Castelia post Elite Four and had it be a female? Been trying to get one since it has the hidden ability, but the 12.5% female rate is killing me. Yet my Samurott that I chose as a starter is a female <_<

I do still have Black 1. Would getting it from Pearl have the hidden ability available? Mainly looking for a female with the hidden ability without having to spend however long restarting Black 2 to try and get it from the person in Castelia.

From my reading it looks like Pokemon migrated from earlier Gens do not gain hidden abilities :(

EDIT: But why would you want that? Or is it the Eeveelutions that you want the hidden ability for?

The Eeveelutions, and also so I can breed a bunch of Eevee for the right nature while also keeping the hidden ability. Can't get the hidden ability off of a male Pokemon I believe.

Haha. Possibly. I actually would need to check if it's out in Australia yet.

If I did I'd get White 2, since I have White in Japanese, so it'd be cool to play the White one in English this time. If we do the rivals thing are you cool with getting Black 2?

I had White at first, then got Black earlier this year. Ended up getting Black 2. I don't think it really matters to be honest. Exclusive Pokemon aren't that big of a deal since trading is as easy as it is. The only differences I think there are might be Route 4 and Reversal Mountain, both of which I believe are purely cosmetic. You can switch between Black City and White Forest if you trade the opposite key to someone (so if someone with White 2 traded the White Forest key to someone with Black 2, the person with Black 2 could switch between Black City and White Forest). Victory Road I think is also different in appearance depending on version.

Not sure if there is anything else worth mentioning as far as version exclusives go. I would say getting the same color as the previous games would be better as far as the Legendary go. If you had Black you got Reshiram, but if you get Black 2 you get Zekrom.

EDIT: It also wouldn't matter since you can trade keys with the opposite version, but Black 2 comes with the Challenge Key after a certain point, whereas White 2 you would have to have someone trade it to you. The Regi you get also depends on version, but again, the key can be traded to get all three Regi.

And apparently the Join Avenue shops can vary depending on version. Not sure by how much, though.

Edited by Vitamin E

I don't know about that. I am way out of practice. I don't think I've picked up a Pokemon game in at least a year.

I also haven't decided if I'll get the blasted thing or not yet. I've got TOR and Minecraft to keep my attention atm, with Skyrim nudging me occasionally. It is out in Australia right now though, so if I wanted I could go and buy it tomorrow :P