Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

I don't see how anyone could prefer the originals.

Black/White and especially BW2 have so many improvements. Gameplay, graphics, and more. The changes just are amazing. Good mix of new and old pokemon as well.

There's still stubborn people stuck on the old stuff I guess.

I love the habitat option for the pokedex where it stamps an area when you've seen all in area and has icons for when you've caught them all.

Because no-one prefers old games, and ever finds older gamers to have any lasting value? :huh:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine, but looking around different sites there is a lot of people that hate the newer games just because it's not the original. Without even trying it. They call the new Pokemon unoriginal like Vanillish when the first 151 had it's share of unoriginal ones like Voltorb/Electrode/Grimer/Muk and more.

The amount of improvements is just something. The only thing is I wish you had a Pokemon follow you around like in Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Picked up White 2 yesterday and have already restarted because I was annoyed at the name I gave my Rival. I ended up choosing Tepig, it's a bit of a boring choice (particularly as I did the same in Black) but I really like the Fire/Fighting types and have never really liked Snivy or Oshawott. I think it would have been nice to have mixed up the starter options even though it's the same world as B/W.

I'm only up to getting my Pokédex and haven't even fought my rival yet (I try not to play at home much and save it for my work lunch breaks to make the game last longer), just out of interest is it still possible to grind levels against shaking grass-Audinos?

Yes Audino's are still around in most of the same locations.

There's less rival battles, but a lot going on and the story flows well. I've gotten my 5th badge on black 2 and white 2. Some fun new stuff so far with the Pokestar Movies and the World Tournament.

Coming up with some interesting teams using Pokemon I've never used before. Lots of old Pokemon mixed in appropriate areas. A couple I was hoping to see you don't get till later, but there's still plenty of options.

Went with Tepig on Black2 and Oshawott on White 2 after having Snivy on White. Still like Snivy the best, but I'm liking Tepig's line so far. Just don't like the weird patterns on the evolutions.

I kinda forgot that you don't have requirements to use HM's outside of battle now. Kinda nice. You get fly kinda early too.

Edited by mystikz

The Ranch at the beginning is just crazy. Walking around in some wild grass, oh, a Pakrat. Oh, a Purrloin. Oh... a Mareep. OH... a Psyduck. OOOH an Azurill. OOOH a RIOLU. I might have most of my team formed already, definitely Mareep as I love me some Ampharos.

Might have to get Black/White2 soon, I havent Finished the first one yet though. Still looking for the last few Sages, anyone know where they are? Also how different is B&W2 to the original? I have to say I like Red/Blue/Yellow alot as its the original and the first but I do also like B&W.

I picked up Black where I left off over a year ago, taking on Elessa (Electric gym, not 100% that's her name) and suddenly found myself enjoying it.

Current team is pretty much all level 30, with Panpour, Sandile, Snivy and Timburr (so I'll need to trade with someone one day to evolve it!). Not sure how I'm going round it out, I was thinking Zebstrika since Elessa's had fire moves and I need them, plus I need an electric move in my team. I never use Ghost types, so I might use that Chandaleur or whatever it's called.

The ladyfriend has White 2, having previously had Black, and there definitely seems to be enough of a difference between the two generations. It also looks like going with the "opposite" colour is probably the best choice, if you ask me. I'm thinking of picking up Black 2 - I've not played a Pokémon game since I dabbled with Platinum, but I've been thinking I need to pick up a new DS game or two for months now, seeing as I pretty much exclusively use it to play Tetris. With winter approaching, I'll probably be more inclined to not want to go out on my lunch breaks and whatnot, so it'd give me something to do.

I am a mightily pissed off Chris2K. I was doing some training on Route 20 in a double battle when both of my Pokémon went down in the same turn. I tried switching two new ones in but every time I selected Mareep first it said I had selected Psyduck, so when I tried to select Psyduck as the second replacement it said that both Psyduck and Mareep were out and I couldn't choose anything else.

The result was I had to turn my DS off and I lost 3 hours of training, 4 Pokémon that I caught and a victory in a gym battle.

Save regularly folks.

In Black 1, I'm just about to enter Clay's gym. I think I may be over levelled, my four Pokémon are Level 32 and pretty much trounce anything, even though we have significant type weaknesses. I think my abuse of Dig may be giving me a major advantage, I'd forgotten how useful that move is during story gameplay, since I haven't used TMs since Gen 1.

I'm going to be screwed once my enemies start knowing Earthquake, I know that much. Thinking about switching out Panpour, because it doesn't have a whole lot of strength behind it, but it's got my deepest move pool right now, so it's very useful. Sandile is going to be a permanent member, no doubt, Snivy is in because I always keep starters, and it's speed is a useful attribute, Timburr is good, and by the looks of it, it becomes a beast, but I'm relying on Quick Claw more than I'd like for a physical sweeper.