National Wrestling Alliance: Domination

The scenario didnt have Jim Crockett Promotions. And I know I'm just speaking for myself here, but I'm not even writing based on the area. Move my star from Carolina to Nebraska on the map and all that changes is the name of one of my belts.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe ACS said there were only 200 in attendence. So yeah referring to your small attendence comment.

To clear up a misconception, I never said it WOULDN'T be in North Carolina, I just said that it would never work here and would probably be dead within a couple of years. Of course, it wouldn't be in North Carolina anyway if the scenario maker would've put Jim Crockett Promotions in the right place.

The scenario didnt have Jim Crockett Promotions. And I know I'm just speaking for myself here, but I'm not even writing based on the area. Move my star from Carolina to Nebraska on the map and all that changes is the name of one of my belts.

Really, I'm sorry and you don't have to do that just because I said something. I have to ask though, why didn't you guys put a promotion in Chicago? Chicago has always been a big wrestling city. Former center of North American wrestling (Before New York or Charlotte), seems like it got the shaft here.

Because we decided to work with what was put in front of us and have fun instead of turning a hobby into a history report.

Oh and i forgot to leave feedback in here yet. Like i said in the other original thread i've enjoyed each backstory and each one's special feeling to it, as well as to each's trials so far. The two so far that has my interest the most have to be Hardcore City and Hawaii. Also out of curiosity did gray replace fitzy? As i thought fitzy was gonna be the one to do new wave but i see gray was the one to post it's info this time around.

Guest Dean Batista

I believe ACS said there were only 200 in attendence. So yeah referring to your small attendence comment.

To clear up a misconception, I never said it WOULDN'T be in North Carolina, I just said that it would never work here and would probably be dead within a couple of years. Of course, it wouldn't be in North Carolina anyway if the scenario maker would've put Jim Crockett Promotions in the right place.

I think this is disgraceful.

Dave Bautista is trying to do you guys a favor by trying to add some realism to your backstories, and you guys are treating him like a fucking jerk. I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves. That's no way to treat a new member with complete disrespect.

Get over yourselves.

You had a show in here?

:shifty:

Anyways let's just see how this whole thing unfolds. And although I see your points Dave Batista ACS is one of the finer writers on this board, you could go elsewhere and read some absolutle bollocks. The history may not be spot on but I don't think anyone could argue the quality is not there in that show, the writing is top class. And everyone else involved in this thing are the creme of the crop.

Guest Dean Batista

You had a show in here?

Anyways let's just see how this whole thing unfolds. And although I see your points Dave Batista ACS is one of the finer writers on this board, you could go elsewhere and read some absolutle bollocks. The history may not be spot on but I don't think anyone could argue the quality is not there in that show, the writing is top class. And everyone else involved in this thing are the creme of the crop.

Oh don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to say thats what you were saying, I meant basically if you gave some other writer all the history in the world they just wouldn't be able to do the thing justice.

However here the history may not be perfect, but I think everyone can be assured the writing quality will be. And I know what I would prefer to see out of the two options.

So... I guess my show got buried in all this huh?  :(

Just for that, I read the show thoroughly so I could give some feedback. :)

All of your matches were well-written, and I could picture them all in my head. I was not expecting Shane Helms to come out during the Spanky/Money In The Bank match, and it was a nice surprise.

What I didn't like was the commentary. It seemed a little wooden to me, but that's probably just me.

Overall it was quite good though. Nice work.

Guest Faded Sanity

Well, considering that everything changed in history after WrestleMania I, half of your shit is null and void.

Anything can happen between friends, which explains a lot of your shit away. Especially Flair/Crockett. Who's to say something didn't happen that drove Crockett to Atlanta? Maybe a failed buyout by Turner? You'll have to see when TGC gets his backstory up.

I'll give you The Sheik running Detroit, but I neither made the scenario, nor wrote that backstory, so you can take that up with them.

People chose their own feds, out of the scenario, and two created ones. Its well known that the East Coast and SoCal are the two hottest places for wrestling, which explains why the scenario and the writers lean heavily towards them. You're nitpicking.

As for Athletic Arts, no one said it was a big promotion. Its basically OMEGA. More nitpicking.

You have been weighed, and measured, and been found lacking. Good news is, you always have that journalism degree to fall back on, right?

You had a show in here?

I said the writing was great already, I never said that they were bad writers. I only pointed out some inaccuracies. Guys, there was no malice involved with what I was telling you, I promise.

Hate to disagree with you here, but it really wasn't all that constructive for us. Had his criticisms been posted in the thread for the NWA Domination 2005 Scenario, it would have been constructive. We're all using a scenario, so fed locations and all that aren't really under our control. But yeah, it did get a wee bit out of control.

user posted image

NWA: Texas Live on UPN

Week One Preview

Following our triumph at the Ides of March just two weeks ago, the Great State has achieved another coup - securing a TV deal on UPN! NWA: Texas Live will bring your favourite, old-school traditional action to your screens every Monday night at 6:45pm!

To commemorate this moment, the first edition of NWA: Texas Live will be a Night of Champions event, with every championship in the promotion on the line!

As confirmed at the Ides of March by Dusty Rhodes, Mean Mark Callaway will be defending his Heavyweight title in Amarillo this week, against three of his toughest opponents yet! Callaway has defeated Randy Savage, Vader, and even his nemesis Steve Austin one-on-one, but can he defeat all of them at the same time in a 4-War bout with the title on the line? The odds are certainly stacked against the champion.

Southern Pride will also be facing off against opponents from all corners - they defend their Texas Tag Team championships against two of the most legendary teams in the sport - the Midnight Express and, as announced by Dusty Rhodes last month, the returning Rock'N'Roll Express, in a 3-Way Dance! With such a wealth of experience tagging up against them, will Bradshaw and Simmons be able to hold onto their belts?

Garrison Cade has dubbed himself 'Unstoppable' lately, and you'd be hard-pressed to disagree. The fans may question his methods, but Cade has defended his Massacre championship against all comers, and has gone through every contender in the division to do it. So much so, in fact, that the NWA Board of Directors have intervened, and have promised to bring in a man from outside of the Great State of Texas to face Cade! Lips are sealed as to who this man will be, but it is promised that this opponent will be unlike any that Cade has ever faced.

In addition to these title bouts, two number one contenders will be secured at the inaugral Live show - America's Most Wanted, the up-and-coming young team of Chris Harris and James Storm, will be facing the father-son combination of Dustin and Dusty Rhodes, with the winners securing a Texas Tag Team title bout! And, as if that wasn't enough, Diamond Dallas Page will have another chance to make his date with the Heavyweight title after a two-year absence from the title picture, but to do it he will have to get through the most hated man in Texas - Jeff Jarret.

And, finally, 'Teen Dream' Billy Gunn will be looking to further advance himself in the eyes of the NWA Board of Directors and Dusty Rhodes, after an impressive showing of late, as he meets 'The King of Old School' Steve Corino. Gunn certainly has the support of the ladies, but he must be worried about outside factors after hearing from Michael Shane at Ides of March - Shane, dubbing himself the 'New Rocker' after his uncle, Shawn Michaels, has claimed Gunn is "stealing" the Heartbreaker's image, and has vowed to put things right.

For all of this hard-hitting action, tune in to the new home of old school, UPN, on Monday night at 6:45pm for NWA: Texas Live!

Great show ACS, the best art of it, for me, was SHane coming to Spanky's aid, I look to see where you take this maybe with SPanky and Shane feuding with Hardy and Kash :D

And while Batista gave some criticism that was helpful if it was a different type of scenario, this is fiction and was changed since Mania I. Although syco could have taken the criticsm a different way, the criticism wasnt needed in the first place because of this diary being of an alternate reality.

Very disrespectful on your part, you could have handled his criticism a whole lot better than what you did.

Fuck off.

Well, I thougth this diary might be a tour de force, instead syco's already made it a farce. I wish all the writers well, but syco needs to come down off his self-erected altar of scantimony. But, since I know that's not gonna happen.

Best of luck to you all.

I won't be reading.

Cheers for that syco.

So one writer out of 13 has successfully ruined any chance of you reading this? Because he told someone (rightfully) to fuck off? You're no better, coming into thread for no other purpose than to try and slight syco and make sure everyone knows you won't be reading.

Maybe syco should get over himself a little bit, that's your opinion, but maybe you should get over whatever hard feelings you have for one writer in this diary and give the other 12 or so the time of day.

EDIT: I really think that if this thing has a prayer of going anywhere, we should have somebody delete everything that wasn't immediately related to the diary (backstories/roster/shows and good feedback aside). This thing is floating aimlessly right now, and I don't see it going further if everyone keeps arguing.

Edited by caucasianheat