Premiership 05/06

AJ

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell. :(

I don't think anyone deserved to win that game tbh, should have been 0-0.

Drogba was real classy btw having a go at that fan and then trying to find him when he scored, real classy that.

Yeh, and Hleb looks class.

Edited by Gooner4Life

I quite like Drogba, he's a big striker who can really give centre backs a hard time, and has a bit of skill as well. He'll get better as the season goes on I think, he showed just how far Senderos is from the finished product these past couple of games.

The result hardly came as a shock - Chelsea had the better chances, and Arsenal are going through a rebuilding year. Henry and Lampard looked unusually quiet as well, hopefully they'll brighten up as the season goes on.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Its not worth getting pissed off about really, I'd of defended Henry if he'd done the same. It was a bad result but at the end of the day, it happens, we didn't get destroyed and I can see them getting beat sooner rather than later.

I really enjoyed the game today. It may not have been the best Arsenal/Chelsea game ever but it was definitely a memorable one.

I think that we were seriously let off the hook when the ref didn't give Ashley Cole a penalty. At first when I seen it I thought it was a dive but Gallas did catch him. I seriously don't know what's going on with Robben at the moment. One minute he's beating 3 players and smacking them left and right. But today, as well as with the Wigan game, it looked like he was going to trip over his own feet every time he went on a run. Essien looked good when he came on. Didn't do loads but done what was asked of him.

I thought the way that Cole just plain old kicked Wright-Phillips was pretty shocking. He made no attempt to get to the ball and knew he wasn't going to catch SWP. Very lucky to get away with just with a booking. We got quite lucky with Drogba's goal. He was offside when the ball was played in and I was quite surprised that it wasn't cleared. He just seemed to over power Senderos at times today. Speaking of Senderos, what the fuck was he doing in injury time with that header? First of all, trying to head it back with someone like Drogba right behind you? And a header that weak.

All in all, a good result for us and we've finally beaten Arsenal for the first time in yonks.

But it is the fact that he has the nerve to go over and have a go back when it was lucky, and he miscontrolled the bloody ball.

It just proves what the bloke was saying really.

So, a bloke is allowed to just have a go when Drogba makes a mistake, but when he is in the right place at the right time (irrelevant of whether he meant to do what he did or not), he can't have a go back?

I don't wanna start an argument, but of course he can. He shouldn't have been lambasted by the fan in the first place, when he did nothing wrong, really.

I really enjoyed the game today. It may not have been the best Arsenal/Chelsea game ever but it was definitely a memorable one.

Memorable? I thought it was one of the most boring matches I have seen for a while. I was expecting a lot because of how it started then it just got slow paced and boring.

It was a boring game, hardly any chances at all.

Two terrible games today, Bolton/Everton was bad enough, then our game was just as bad.

And I really think that Ljungberg getting injured was a turning point, I thought he was going to be the key today with his runs but he didn't last. :(

One more thing, Pires is fucking shit. I hate it when he plays him over Reyes sometimes because he never ever tracks back, and if he does, he either does it too late or very slowly. He just doesn't seem to have the legs anymore. When Reyes plays he is always rushing back to help the fullback. And on the subject of fullbacks, Lauren does my fucking head in too, his positioning is unbelivably bad, there was one chance when he was totally ball watching and left Robben I think in acres of space, something he always does just like the Utd game at Highbury last season.

Edited by Gooner4Life