Premiership 05/06

AJ

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew: 'My squad as good as big three'

Loopy West Ham boss Alan Pardew has made the extraordinary claim that his squad is a match for Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United.

Pardew's team is one of the favourites for relegation from the Premiership and boasts such stars as Tomas Repka and Bobby Zamora, but in his head they are on a par with the three favourites for the title.

Reports have surfaced of a £70million takeover prospect fronted by a London-based Iranian-born businessman who was recently involved in weighing up a move for Sir John Hall's shares at Newcastle United.

Kia Joorabchian is thought to be behind a plan by Media Sports Investments, who controversially purchased the ownership of top Brazilian club Corinthians last year.

But Pardew said: "I have no information on any takeover and I am not really concentrating on that.

"I have to focus on the players we have here now who I rate as good a squad as even Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal in most respects.

"We are back in the top division and all the players have their tails up. We don't want anything at the moment to take the edge off that.''

Pardew is still looking for a striker after a move for Monaco's Emmanuel Adevayor fell through.

"It was a very frustrating experience with Adevayor because he wanted to come to West Ham and you don't expect a club like Monaco to keep changing their minds. It's in the past now but I still want one more, maybe even two more strikers and we have re-targeted our interests.

"In time for next Saturday might be a bit tight but certainly before the end of the August transfer window I want to see some progress.''

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Pardew is a prick , He is lucky he still has his job until the Spurs pairing ( Etherington And Zamora ) combined in the final he was up for the chop so he should keep his mouth shut and attempt to put things together quietly without kicking up too much fuss (eg Charlton ) because they are a laughing stock at the moment

Edited by The Slickman