Premiership 05/06

AJ

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I believe a red was acceptable, he brushed the ball with his foot, but he practically went through the player and he had no control over his other leg. I though Gilberto had broken something first.

Alot of people seemed to be completely against the red, which I found surprising.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would accept the red, it was just a little strict in my opinion. With no bookings or dodgy tackles beforehand, It was more shocking than anything to see the red card produced.

To me the tackle was a yellow-card with a very harsh warning, it was a poor tackle but I've seen people stay on after much worse.

Anyone else watching Wigan and Chelsea in absolute awe? Seriously, Chelsea are looking the poorer team and Wigan are very unlucky not to be in front from what I've seen.

Well, they lost, but, Wigan shouldn't get down about it. What an awesome performance. I still wish we'd have bought Francis and Camara. Francis is the only center midfielder I would have wanted to pick up.

What a goal, though.

--

I wouldn't say robbed. :\ Nothing like that.

Edited by Summers

I'm relieved. I thought we looked pretty poor today and just somewhat off the pace.

Strangely though, when they switched the Player Cam over to Crespo Martyn Tyler said "I wonder if our producer believes that Crespo it going to hit the winner"

I turned to my Brother and said "Will he fuck". Whoops

I think it's because Championship football ain't about fancy foot work and attempting to skip around opponents, you have to fight in a Championship kinda match, and Wigan brought that with them to the Premiership, its just sheer detirmination, fighting for everybody ball, just gritty non stop football.

They were robbed of a draw. Wigan deserved the point for defending well, Chelsea deserved a point for some poor finishing cept the goal. :P

EDIT:

Looks like José hugged and gave some kind words to Jewell even before the game had finished while at 0-0!

Knowing Jose he was rubbing in the fact that they knew they'd won. He ain't half a cry baby when he doesn't get his way. I mean, look at him when we beat Chelsea in last years CL Semi Final :P

Actually, Mourinho was quite honest in his interview claiming that Chelsea didn't deserve to win in the end. Surprising to say the least, given who we're actually talking about.

Actually, Jose has always admitted when teams outplay him, it's just that with Chelsea, they don't often get outplayed >_>

Having seen both matches today, I'll say that Wigan were robbed of a draw, and probably deserved to win more than Chelsea. Class goal by Crespo though. Jenas didn't deserve to be sent off at all, which all the Sky Sports pundits agreed on...he won the ball, his feet was down, and the ref wasn't placed best to see it. He saw Gilberto go down hard, and went on instinct, I believe. Tought challenge, but not malicious or reckless. Yellow, not a red. Newcastle played well, but really, Arsenal deserved to win, as Newcastle had about one chance.

They were robbed of a draw. Wigan deserved the point for defending well, Chelsea deserved a point for some poor finishing cept the goal. :P

EDIT:

Looks like José hugged and gave some kind words to Jewell even before the game had finished while at 0-0!

Knowing Jose he was rubbing in the fact that they knew they'd won. He ain't half a cry baby when he doesn't get his way. I mean, look at him when we beat Chelsea in last years CL Semi Final :P