Premiership 05/06

AJ

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because its all based on track record...and you can argue till you are blue in the face, but Drogba's track record is pretty good, both in France, and in Europe.

And before you say "oh, he should be banging in goals left right and centre"...he's not a striker, he's a forward......you expect different things from the two.

No, because its all based on track record...and you can argue till you are blue in the face, but Drogba's track record is pretty good, both in France, and in Europe.

And before you say "oh, he should be banging in goals left right and centre"...he's not a striker, he's a forward......you expect different things from the two.

You expect different things from a forward and a winger. The purpose of a forward is to score goals. The purpose of a striker is to score goals. What's the difference?

You expect different things from a forward and a winger. The purpose of a forward is to score goals. The purpose of a striker is to score goals. What's the difference?

Rooney is a forward. A forward links up more with midield and sets up chances and occasionally bangs in a few goals. A striker, such as Van Nistelrooy usually plays on the last line of defence and his main job is to score whereas a forward links the midfield with the striker.

That's just my view of it. Don't know how many people agree.

Seems like a decent outline to me. People like Bergkamp and Rooney are forwards, the link between midfield and attack. People like RVN are there just to bang in eveything he can.

Rooney is a forward. A forward links up more with midield and sets up chances and occasionally bangs in a few goals. A striker, such as Van Nistelrooy usually plays on the last line of defence and his main job is to score whereas a forward links the midfield with the striker.

That's just my view of it. Don't know how many people agree.

Watching Blackburn on MOTD reminds me why I'm a Rovers fan, Neill sent off for two awesome tackles, the headbutt to that pussy Spurs players and Savage killing Davids as soon as he got on the pitch. Shame we couldn't score a goal as we totally dominated that match from start to finish. Kuqi should have scored in the first half and how we didn't score from that free kick at the back post I'll never know. Spurs were dreadful, no corners, no shots on target, no shots off target. They'll get slaughtered at Chelsea this weekend.

Watching Blackburn on MOTD reminds me why I'm a Rovers fan, Neill sent off for two awesome tackles, the headbutt to that pussy Spurs players and Savage killing Davids as soon as he got on the pitch.  Shame we couldn't score a goal as we totally dominated that match from start to finish.  Kuqi should have scored in the first half and how we didn't score from that free kick at the back post I'll never know.  Spurs were dreadful, no corners, no shots on target, no shots off target.  They'll get slaughtered at Chelsea this weekend.

I find it funny that Pascal Cygan is joint second-top goal scorer so far this season. Don't care if we're only three games in, that's just funny, and I can just picture Cygan looking at the Top Scorers list right now and saviouring the moment.

We were class last night, but so were Fulham at times. The fuckers just wouldn't give up! If Fulham play like that all season there's no doubt that they can do very well and qualify for the UEFA Cup.

Fulham are getting relegated this year.

They just look shit at times and a comedy team. Don't want to see them go down, I like Fulham, but I think they will.

Cunt. :P

I don't think we will go down, but I think we will struggle. I struggle to see how we are a comedy team though.....unlike a lot of teams with our resources, we at least try to play attractive football from time to time.

But yeah, the UEFA idea was stupid :P