Premiership 05/06

AJ

Question for the Chelsea fans how did SWP play for use against Arsenal?

He played? :shifty:

Another world class finish from that 24m man I see.

Well he scored, doesn't matter how classy the goal was as long as it happens. 3in 3 he has got this season which isn't bad. Okay he isn't setting the world alight but he is doing his job of scoring goals which is why they paid alot for him.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody gets lucky or easy goals. I'm not trying to say he's worth the money because last season he was poor. His goals against Arsenal in the Community Shield show that he has some talent, but he's very inconsistent and is thus far probably the biggest waste of money in the last cuople years, just ahead of Reyes.

I think this season will prove if Drogba's good enough for the Premiership. He's had that one season to adjust to the style of play and didn't do totally shit, he scored between 10-15 IIRC. If he doesn't improve on that then I could see him out the door next season

But, in all honesty, it's just another case of over spending.

Average player who has scored 3 important goals already this season?

As everyone said, we'll see how he plays this season, as it usually takes a season to get going,

And NBT, no-one is talking about them as no-one cares about Fulham vs Blackburn....hell, I'm a Fulham fan, and coming into it I couldn't have cared less about the match >_>

He's not worth £24 million, fuck, he's barely worth £10 million. He's scored 3 goals (two of which were in the community shield, which is on the same level as the league cup credibility wise), but so what? Darren Bent's scored 3, does that mean Chelsea should sign him for £24 million as well?

He's not worth £24 million, fuck, he's barely worth £10 million.  He's scored 3 goals (two of which were in the community shield, which is on the same level as the league cup credibility wise), but so what?  Darren Bent's scored 3, does that mean Chelsea should sign him for £24 million as well?

He's not worth 24 million, I don't argue. Also, irrelevant of the credibility of the community shield, scoring 2 goals and beating Arsenal in the first game of the season will ALWAYS mean something.

And honestly, that Darren Bent argument is stupid....think about what you just said, and then come back.

No, because its all based on track record...and you can argue till you are blue in the face, but Drogba's track record is pretty good, both in France, and in Europe.

And before you say "oh, he should be banging in goals left right and centre"...he's not a striker, he's a forward......you expect different things from the two.

Drogba is quality. With his strength and pace he can be unplayable at times. I remember being very impressed with him when he played at Anfield for Marseille. He wasn't brilliant last season, but he definately has the potential to score a lot this season.

Sure, he's not worth what Chelsea paid, but Chelsea don't pay normal prices for players.