WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

I just got the game today. I havent been hyped at all about any of my presents and have recently been in a steady decline in my wrestling interest. Im playing through Season mode and am slowly getting that feel back, but right now, playing my games (along with THUG AW) feels like a chore. However, ive been pretty impressed so far with the game, i especially enjoy the slow down pace of the match ups, but i am not a fan of the slow loading times. I get some sort of fps lag too when on certain entrances, which sucks, but apart from that i am mainly getting my feel back for Smackdown games as i have had a 2 year hiatus.

• Admin

Voodoo Child = Hendrix

Voodoo Chile = Stevie Ray Vaughn, if memory serves.

Vaughn covered Voodoo Child and called it Voodoo Chile for some bizarre reason.

No, Hendrix did both of them.

And as I said, Vaughn covered Voodoo Child and called it Voodoo Chile.

Guest Dakendo

Just had a great challenge match as 80's Hogan against Andre The Giant. He just wouldn't stay down. I battered him with a chair, jumped off the top, hit him with the LEG DROP OF DOOOOOM, but I still couldn't pin him, so I tossed him to the floor after noticing his stamina was low. I power whipped him up the aisle and he began to hobble really slowly back, but at about 8 he started getting a bit close. I baseball slid him to take him down, so I won the match by countout after about 15-20 minutes.

On the Legend Challenges they get up after ludicrous amounts if time. I blasted Andre with a Leg Drop and he got up straight away, and I need to pin really quickly if I'm to stand a chance. Can get a bit annoying.

Edited by Dakendo

Just had a great challenge match as 80's Hogan against Andre The Giant. He just wouldn't stay down. I battered him with a chair, jumped off the top, hit him with the LEG DROP OF DOOOOOM, but I still couldn't pin him, so I tossed him to the floor after noticing his stamina was low. I power whipped him up the aisle and he began to hobble really slowly back, but at about 8 he started getting a bit close. I baseball slid him to take him down, so I won the match by countout after about 15-20 minutes.

On the Legend Challenges they get up after ludicrous amounts if time. I blasted Andre with a Leg Drop and he got up straight away, and I need to pin really quickly if I'm to stand a chance. Can get a bit annoying.

That is easilly the toughest challenge, I always found when I got near to winning Andre would cheat and get DQ'ed.

Guest Dakendo

That is easilly the toughest challenge, I always found when I got near to winning Andre would cheat and get DQ'ed.

Edited by Dakendo

Voodoo Child = Hendrix

Voodoo Chile = Stevie Ray Vaughn, if memory serves.

Vaughn covered Voodoo Child and called it Voodoo Chile for some bizarre reason.

No, Hendrix did both of them.

And as I said, Vaughn covered Voodoo Child and called it Voodoo Chile.

Ah, considering what we had been talking about, I thought you were explaining why the two names were floating about.

My apologies.

Monster push for Carlito in GM Mode, slowly pushed him with wins over London, Dupree, Grenier, a rivalry with Conway which got his popularity up followed by one with Masters, an Intercontinental Title reign from Backlash to Survivor Series and his popularity is at 93 then he wins the rumble and faces Andre The Giant in the main event of Wrestlemania it took me bloody 60 minutes to get the pin.

I modified Andre's moveset so he had different finishers(Showstopper and Five Star Frog Splash its my game!). Carlito flew all around the ring taking Andre to the outside and constantly diving over the ropes to keep him down back inside the ring, Andre starts ripping him apart two showstoppers but one gets a ropebreak, the other one Carlito somehow gets his shoulder up. Referee's down Andre gets the title belt....

Running shot bloodies Carlito!, Andre climbs to the top rope:FIVE STAR FROGSPLASH *knees* Andre, Carlito launches himself off the top rope with a Shelton Clothesline, Andre avoids it Carlito crashes into the ref!.

Carlito grabs the title, Andre charges so does Carlito TITLE SHOT! blood! one two three! Carlito has realized his dreams bah gawd bah gawd

I find it impossible to make anyone tap out, or to make the tap out meter go to escape when I'm in a submission.

EDIT: How do you unlock moves in Create A Moveset? I need the F-5's and the Dominator. :(

Edited by Tristof27

I too got the game this morning. Waiting for paper to print off my CAW data, then I'll really get into it. However, so far I've played abit on Season Mode, but GM Mode rocks. I've had 5 shows at the moment, and finally managed to beat RAW. At the moment, I'm beginning to build up Haas & London. London's CW champion, and has got the "London Challenge" - basically, he challenges himself to beat someone with a specific goal to their name. So far it's been Big Show (World's Largest Athlete) and Chris Jericho (First Ever Undisputed Champ).

Meanwhile, Angle and Christian are fueding over the WWE Title, while RVD & Hurricane (under the guise of The Loophole) are trying to get back the WWE Tag Titles from Charlie Haas & US Champ Chris Benoit.

The match engine can lag now and again, but I find it quite easy to get used to. So...4.5 Stars out of 5.

Just got this game and played a match as Chris Masters to test it out, it is probably the most improved Smackdown game in a while. Mainly for the:

Locker Room, completely stolen from the 2k sports games but it's still awesome

The new Momentum meter is cool

Graphics are probably the best for a Wrestling game ever