Your own "dream band"

VerbalPuke

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cerberus

Vocals - Burton C Bell (Fear Factory)

Lead Guitar - Synister Gates (Avenger Sevenfold)

Rythem Guitar - Davor Malakian (SOAD)

Bass - Jason Newstead

Drums - Lars Ulric (Metallica)

Guest seattlebandfan9

Vocals - Chris Cornell

Guitar - Jack White

Bass - Jason Newstead

Drums - Danny Carey

It would just be interesting to see if they could come up with anything.

Vocals:Anthony Kiedis(RHCP) and Frances(Francis?) Mckee(The Vaselines)

Guitar:Curt Kirkwood(Meat Puppets)

Bass:Krist Novoselic(Nirvana)

Drums:I don't know......

I put this together as a band that will be slow and mellow, yet intricate and original.

I picked Anthony Kiedis because I really like his voice and his song writing ability, I picked Mckee because I really love her voice, I picked Curt because he has several songs where they are slow yet intricate, and I picked Krist because he also has slow yet intricate bass lines. I couldn't think of a drummer to go with the group because the drummers that I really like are known for beating the shit out of their drums, not for playing the drums softly. To just complete the band let's go with Dave Grohl as the drummer, even though he would hate playing the drums softly everynight.

Vocalist: Davey Havok (AFI) or Lauri (The Rasmus)

Lead Guitarist: Slash (Guns 'n Roses/ Velvet Revolver)

Rhythm Guitarist: Tom Delong (Blink 182/ Boxcar Racer)

Bassist: Flea (RHCP) or Hunter (AFI)

Drums: Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters) or Travis Barker

No real reason for any of these...just because.

Right, I'll choose two, one of all time, one of musicians currently alive and active.

Vocals: Jeff Buckley, because his voice could go from an aggressive punk snarl (Kick Out The Jams, Eternal Life) to a haunting, ethereal, almost angelic thing of beauty (Dream Brother, Corpus Christi Carol), and he was a damn good looking guy with great charisma and could really connect with an audience, making him a fantastic frontman.

Guitar: Johnny Marr. Not the greatest guitarist in the world, but he's got a sound all of his own. Put on a Smiths or a Healers record, and you can immediately tell that it's Johnny Marr playing, and I think that sound would gel brilliantly with Buckley's voice.

Bass: John Entwistle. Again, not the best, but just a sound that would gel with the rest of the ficticious band.

Drums: Buddy Rich. Probably the greatest jazz drummer of all time, and one of the best drummers of all time full stop. It'd be interesting to hear how his style would fit in with a modern-day band, especially one of the caliber of a dream line-up such as this.

Currently Feasible (ish):

Vocals: Tom Waits, because I think it would be interesting to see him front a band like this, because he's very experimental with his music, and because his voice is a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for.

Guitar: Poison Ivy. Far from the best guitar player in the world, but I just couldn't bear to let her go amiss. Some of the best sleazy blues/punk riffs in history emanated from Poison Ivy's axe in The Cramps, and it always helps to have a hot girl in the band.

Bass: Les Claypool I shouldn't have to explain this, he's just phenomenal.

Drums: Considering I'm going for a sleazy Detroit garage rock/blues sound, talent isn't paramount for the drummer, so I'll go with Pat Pantano of The Dirtbombs.

Guitar: Poison Ivy. Far from the best guitar player in the world, but I just couldn't bear to let her go amiss. Some of the best sleazy blues/punk riffs in history emanated from Poison Ivy's axe in The Cramps, and it always helps to have a hot girl in the band.

:wub: I love her.

On my way to work I was listening to Reagan Youth and it inspired another band I'd like to have seen.

Jack Grisham on Vocals (T.S.O.L.) - Great singer who could sing to the tune of a sort of macabre ballad, or could spout out his words to the speed of a hardcore band.

Brian James on Guitar (The Damned) - An underrated guitar player that did the 77 style extremely well. Like Grisham, he could transition between raw punk or something on the darker side.

Lorna Doom on Bass (The Germs) - The Germs were never known for being exceptional musicians, but I think Lorna would fit perfectly with this group.

K.K. Barrett on Drums (The Screamers) - Another L.A. punker (all of them are minus Brian James) that would make for a nice addition to this group. He was another one who could play sped up anthems, or slow down into a darker, plodding sound.

Edit - Just realized this, but I have absolutely no idea why Reagan Youth inspired this band for me. Reagan Youth has nothing to do with any of these people, but for some reason I got to thinking of some sort of darker punk group while listening to them (Reagan Youth isn't even near the darker side). Strange, I know, but I felt I should explain this.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Lets see

Vocals/Guitar: Billie Joe Armstrong and Tim Armstrong

Bass: Mike Dirnt

Drums: A Slipknot-esque duel drum combo of Travis Barker and Tre Cool

Alison Goldfrapp [Goldfrapp] on Vocals, as she just has the best voice ever.

Matt Bellamy [Muse] on Keys, because he's a pretty fucking good pianist.

The Drummer, fuck knows what his name is [Death From Above 1979]

Bassist would be Ben Winton, [The Departure]..

And I'm sure guitar wouldn't be used much, but I'll go for Sam Harvey [The Depature]

Guest Deathblow

Vocals: Chino Moreno (Deftones)

Lead Guitar: Jeff Waters (Annihilator)

Rhythm Guitar: Marty Friedman (Ex-Megadeth)

Bass: Jesse F. Keller (Death From Above 1979)

Drums: Zach Hill (Hella, Team Sleep)

DEATH METAL BAND:

Vocals: Brent Hoffman (Ex-Malevolent Creation)

Lead Guitar: James Murphy (Ex-Death)

Rhythm Guitar: Deron Miller (CKY)

Bass: Jason Newstead (Ex-Metallica)

Drums: Mike Mangini (Annihilator)

Edited by Deathblow

As a huge fan of the first Queens of the Stone Age album and a huge Brant Bjork, Desert Sessions and Ween fan I'd love to see this band.

Guitar/Vocals: Josh Homme (QOTSA, Desert Sessions, Ex-Kyuss)

Guitar: Dean Ween (Ween, Moistboyz, Desert Sessions)

Bass: Brian O'Connor (Eagles of Death Metal, Desert Sessions)

Drums: Brant Bjork (Mondo Generator, Desert Sessions, Ex-Kyuss, Ex-Fu Manchu)

Edited by cthemason

Guest burton420

Metal Band

Vocals: Corey Taylor

Lead Guitar: Daron Malakian (back-up vocals too)

Rhythym Guitar: Dimebag Darrell

Bass: Cliff Burton

Drums: Tommy Lee

Classic Rock Band

Vocals: Robert Plant

Guitar 1: Jimi Hendrix

Guitar 2: Eric Clapton

Bass: Flea (he's not Classic Rock, but he'd fit in great with the rest)

Drums: Ginger Baker

Guest Thiia Deshi

Vocals and guitar: Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho [Children Of Bodom]

Bass: Jason Newstead [Ex-Metallica]

Drums: Joey Jordison [slipknot]

or

Vocals: Glen Danzig [Misfits/Danzig]

Bass: Adrian Lambert [Dragonforce]

Guitar: Luca Turilli [Rhapsody/Kamelot/Luca Turilli]

Drums: Steven Adler [Guns n Roses]

You all fail at music, there's already a dream band, they're called Manowar.

Seriously, some of these bands would suck hard balls.

Temple of the Dog was, in retrospect, an excellent example of the type of band that should be in this thread. I mean, it was pretty much just a portion of Soundgarden meets the guys who would go on to form Pearl Jam. If that's not a supergroup, I don't know what is. I particularly love "Wooden Jesus". "Hungerstrike" is good, too.

If I could create a dream band, right now... it would be the lineup of Audioslave, with Cornell sharing vocal duties with Maynard James Keenan. I firmly feel that Cornell is my favorite vocallist ever, and Maynard is right behind him.