Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

some translated info

-the bulldoge used the same Powerslam that was in old SD! games

-the legent rock had the same moveset as the HCTP rock

-NPCs did nore have pictures in the selection screen, there was a siluet with NPC written over it instead

-RVDs 5 star is still the same

-commentators now sit at ringside

-only Andre the Gigant was playebell legent besides the bulldog

-gamespeed did not change

-the wrestlers looked slightly better than in HCTP but not as good as in the screens that were released online (michaels note, thats the movement factore i always talk of, and smackdown just suffers from the spearm white light reflection floating over the way to fast wrestlers without carring about anny clothingdiference)

well just what someguy (that took the picutes) reported........

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-NPCs did nore have pictures in the selection screen, there was a siluet with NPC written over it instead

-the wrestlers looked slightly better than in HCTP but not as good as in the screens that were released online (michaels note, thats the movement factore i always talk of, and smackdown just suffers from the spearm white light reflection floating over the way to fast wrestlers without carring about anny clothingdiference)

• Admin

Cool. Who's the 'bulldoge'? :shifty:

some translated info

If Andre and Bulldog were the only playable legends, how does he know? lol

lol just what I was thinking, proves that source is shitty from the sounds of things, unless I read something wrong. Either way The old style Rock is still in, so that's still wicked. Plus Tristy, my Rumbles usually last more than an hour on HCTP, so yeah that's pretty cool too. Shame they took out Bulldog though :(

I'm at least hoping they'll have updated the Rock Bottom, I've hated it in the last few games.

I'm looking forward to the new Royal Rumble System where you are struggling to stay in and people can gang up on you.

I'd like to see the video on IGN but i can't (Damn IGN Insider).

For people who've seen it, does it look better than previous smackdown games?

It's slightly better... there still needs to be serious improvements. Basically, you have a ring out meter, you get knocked onto the apron and it takes some of your meter away. One guy grapples you and the meter starts going down faster, two guys gang up on you, even faster. You get back in the ring though, the meter just stays where it is. I think it should at least start regaining slightly. But as they said on IGN, that's an early build of the game, so who knows how it will turn out in the final product. And if you got two guys on you, you're done. Also, since it was all CPU fighting, I don't know if the struggle on the apron is a button masher or not since nothing came over the lifebar saying "press any button rapidly." For all I know you could just be stuck out there for a set period of time.

Not to say I don't like a good button masher for struggle situations, makes your arm feel like it really is in the Crossface.

Cool. Who's the 'bulldoge'? :shifty:

some translated info

If Andre and Bulldog were the only playable legends, how does he know? lol

http://www.gc-germany.de/

the pictures and infos came from someone who visited that convention (like 105000 other customers and 1700 reporters) - smackdown is defenetly there (was written on the official german thq board AFAIK) and it is kinda like a german E3 . . . so take it for what it is, it´s defenetly not imposible to be true.

I think it's dumb, limiting your match types to arenas in PPV mode. I mean, why limit what the customer gets for their money? It's dumb. If I'm paying for the darn game, I should be able to do whatever I want, within reason.

And yeah, he says there's a lot more choices in season mode... but I heard that last year, and the year before that. I'm not getting my hopes up for a fun season mode again.

Off topic: Rumble Roses looks fun

imo that reviewer is kinda messed up he thinks the animations are great ?? I mean I love smackdown but the move animations could be alot better , but again it comes down to personal taste. The bugs will be worked out since this was jsut a beta , but again its looking good

Unlockable or secret wrestlers, matches, and etc.?

You can buy some in Shopzone like Animal and Hawk and Attires even of Wrestlers who left WWE (Austin, Brock Lesnar)

I'm guessing this is just for the beta or something and will be removed....if they are still there some kind of way, umm..odd :/. Even though Lesnar is still contracted or something, right?

I'm guessing you misunderstood something in there. It doesn't say Austin/Lesnar are in. It says their attire is.

Im liking the sound of attires being unlockable in Shopzone, hopefully a la No Mercy, as it might allow them to put in La Res's attire and some other forgotten superstars (FBI, Bashams etc.). It'd be nice if they put some faces in too so that CAW is a bit quicker when you add the missing WWE wrestlers.

The 5 in a stable thing was a very strange omission last year, so I'm glad its back in this time. Last years had 4 different stables just to represent the different versions of Evolution.

French Tickler Elbow? Yay!

fucking awesome the ability to have 5 stable mebers

i would have a lot more to say about what is getting raved around right now but i will keep it to this as example.

How hard do you think it is to have 5 People in a stable ? Especialy sinc the 3 People thing already was barly of anny use - they strave you with putting in a totale unrealistic bullshit version that dos nothing that is annything like real and the next time they got you screaming "fucking awsome" becaus they upguarded it to something that at least potentionaly could be the basis to a working stable system (wich i asume still not will be used in a good way untill at least next year even though it dossent take much to make it working in a good way)

i am sorry but i just hate it wen people get/letthemselfsbe played like that (to say it the frindly way ;) )

Matz has a point about shit being mere upgrades, forcing your customers to buy annual updates when you could have just as easily spent two years to make a much higher quality game is incredibly shitty. But that's how the video game business works, especially with sports titles.

Anyway, new videos on IGN featuring a full-length match between Y2J and Edge divided up into three parts. Weapons don't do as much damage or boost your meter as much this time around, plus the stairs are harder to use because you swing them slowly. Not a huge improvement, but an improvement nonetheless. Also, you'll hear licensed tracks like Public Enemy's "Bring the Noise" as background music instead of the incredibly lame background music we've been getting since... well since every WWE/WCW game that ever had background music.

The commentary is still horrendous, slightly better from JBI, and that's not saying much.