World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Tokegen - Level 60 Troll Mage - Sargeras

Anyone who's bored can join that server, I'll be glad to help... plus, I'm pretty bored myself =/

Burning Crusade is going to be interesting though with the new talent specs, as it appears as though everything either got nerfed or buffed entirely, no gradual upgrade. I mean Rogues new cloak ability? WTF?

Tokegen - Level 60 Troll Mage - Sargeras

Anyone who's bored can join that server, I'll be glad to help... plus, I'm pretty bored myself =/

Burning Crusade is going to be interesting though with the new talent specs, as it appears as though everything either got nerfed or buffed entirely, no gradual upgrade. I mean Rogues new cloak ability? WTF?

I quit the game about 2 months ago when I bought my XBOX 360. I had a 60 Tauren Warrior on Smolderthorn and was raiding with a new, but very good, end game guild. I got sick of raiding and wanted to focus my gaming time on my 360 since I spent so much money on it. Now all I can think about is playing World of Warcraft again. I want to reroll on a new server and play Alliance for the first time. Ahhhh! This is driving me nuts. Screw you Blizzard!

My suggestion: don't reroll. You're gonna be so burned out on leveling by the time the expansion comes, you won't want to level anymore. I want to level up my mage (lvl 35 right now), but I know if I do, by the time TBC comes out, I'll be sick of the game again.

Just play 360, there's too many good games right now.

I'm really thinking about getting this for Christmas, but I'm not really sure about it. I've already got a 360 and Gears Of War and XBOX Live. But I've wanted this since it came out and the only thing holding me back is the monthly fee. Oh and the time cards, how much do they run for?

Edited by Hearshot Kid Disaster

I've just got a trial of this and am going to go hell for leather for the weekend on it, with no intention of ever forking over money.

a) Is this unlikely to happen?

b) Any suggestions for how to start things off?

EDIT: Blizzard's woeful organisation with regards to the trial has pissed me off unbelievable. Uninstalled, and they can forget any chance of getting my money :thumbsdown:

Edited by The Judge

Well, I guess this won't help Judge, since he's not going to use his trial, I guess, but for anyone considering trying WoW, let me give you some advice:

1. Don't start on a PvP or RP server. Play on a regular one, and if you decide to keep playing, THEN go for a PvP server.

2. Don't play a Hunter or Rogue, if you want to group. Those are the two most common classes in the game. If you go for a spellcasting class, I'd suggest taking Warlock over Mage, if you don't want to be a Priest.

3. If you do decide to play a Hunter, remember Night Elves start with bows, while Dwarves start with guns. At higher levels there are a lot more better guns than bows, and a lot of NEs do choose to learn to use guns (in Ironforge), but I stuck with bows all the way to 60 on my Hunter. (Got Mandokir's Sting from the Zul'Gurub instance) But keep in mind the Hunter epic is a bow, not a gun.

4. If you want to do Battlegrounds, go Horde. Because Horde teams are usually better organized. The only BG I was ever on the winning side of consistently is Alterac Valley, and that's because we had a dedicated AV team on the server (that I wasn't a part of) who led the BG, communicating with each other on Ventrilo. Only lost an AV once with them leading, and that was due to a lot of Horde equipped with Nax items playing that game.

5. Alliance has better looking zones and once the Burning Crusade comes out, neither side will have an exclusive character class. So I recommend playing Alliance if you don't care about Battlegrounds or running a Shaman anytime soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has the Xmas stuff started yet, and if so, are they doing the same lame crap with the Santa hats this year? (Ie, drop off random humanoid mobs and can't be sold to or given to other players)

Btw, if anyone has an Engineer and gets hold of the Snowmaster 9000 schematics, you'll probably be able to make a nice profit off making them and selling them to others for a few days. Last year I sold about a dozen of them over 4 days (one of my characters is\was a Gnome Warlock with engineering), and only quit because some other people started selling them for about half what I was, so I was barely making any profit when that happened. (I was selling them for 10g each) I was selling them by posting in the Trade channel or whatever its called; I only sold one or two through the Auction House.

Guest Freckles

RP servers are quite annoying, but one of my accounts got banned for terrorizing them. I suggest playing on a normal server until you get a 60, then take up the challenge of a PvP server. PvP servers are annoying for the simple fact that they're filled with retards who somehow know how to PvP better than I do...o_O

Guest Freckles

why would you terrorise them? i only played two characters, the highest one is/was level fourty and i already found the game to time consuming... i can´t imagin how people who have their level 60 colection still find time to troll RPG wannebes. o.O
Edited by Freckles

Class popularity tends to go:

Warriors

The rest.

UNTIL you need a tank for an instance. Then they instantly become goldust, because everyone is running around with the Whirlwind Axe "pwning" (i.e, just about surviving because they got a lucky heal) people in battlegrounds :P

It depends on level, too.

Below level 30, you get A LOT of Rogues and Paladins. Above that, most of the Paladins get bored and re-roll, Rogues are all in AB all day, or are too busy ganking in STV. So that brings you back to Warriors.

Reily's Top Five Rarest Things In WoW:

5: A rogue with a repair bill. Or in fact, a PvE-specced rogue at all. Seriously, the Subtlety tree might as well not exist, as nobody seems to take anything from it other than Camo and MoD. "Oh no, there's a 0.1% chance of a wipe here! *Vanish*. Phew, that was close, I almost lost a hitpoint". Meanwhile, the rest of the party struggle to beat the paltry group of trashmobs that, with their main source of DPS not hiding in a corner, would've been relatively simple.

4: A level 60 Holy Priest that has never, for any length of time, specced Shadow. God DAMN levelling one of those is like watching paint dry.

3: A Hunter who uses a pet in an instance without causing a catastrophe as a direct result of something stupid he allowed his pet to do. I've even met hunters who are so rubbish at controlling their pet, they simply don't use them in instances... And they wonder why nobody wants Hunters for 5-mans at 60.

2: A Shaman on the losing side of a Battleground. This will be rectified in the BC, where it'll all be down to who has the most Warlocks instead.

1: A Holy-specced Paladin that actually does his job, and isn't named Heldenhammer (cheap plug). Most people's idea of a Paladin is a Warrior that can heal... himself. Why waste mana healing OTHER people? You need that mana for Seal of Righteousness! You could've specced Retribution and been laughed at like every other DPSadin, but you wanted to get a group without lying.

The amount of times I've joined a group, and they've been "right, now we just need a healer". I have to laugh... considering we can heal better, and longer, than all but the best Priests. No group I've been in has ever wiped with me as main healer in a pre-60 instance, except that one time I went to Maraudon at level 43 ¬_¬

I'm not even claiming to be that good.. I just do my damn job. Retri-Paladins are fine. A laughing stock, but fine. They KNOW they suck at everything, and often off-heal when the need arises. Tankadins will be good in the BC, and are ok now. But very rarely does a Holy Paladin ever heal, which since my main is a tank, annoys me.

I'm guessing either the Winter stuff hasn't started yet, or no one bothered to read the second half of my previous post.

Slackers.

Reily's Top Five Rarest Things In WoW:

5: A rogue with a repair bill. Or in fact, a PvE-specced rogue at all. Seriously, the Subtlety tree might as well not exist, as nobody seems to take anything from it other than Camo and MoD. "Oh no, there's a 0.1% chance of a wipe here! *Vanish*. Phew, that was close, I almost lost a hitpoint". Meanwhile, the rest of the party struggle to beat the paltry group of trashmobs that, with their main source of DPS not hiding in a corner, would've been relatively simple.