World of Warcraft

Your Mom

After a year's hiatus, I started playing again about five/six weeks ago. I've got a level 33 Night Elf Hunter on the Australian Frostmourne server. Any other Aussies play?

• 1 month later...

Twinks are characters solely created for PVP, who get to a certain threshold (19, 29, 39, 49, etc. Mostly 19 or 29 though) and buy all the best possible armour and weapons, enchant everything with rediculous enchants (like Crusader) which they pay for with gold from their main character, and basically go around killing everything in the Battlegrounds in two hits.

That's the idea behind it anyway. Usually the reality is they have no clue how to play their class and get owned by Holy Priests :shifty:

Not all twinks are that bad, but that type of player is what 'twink' usually refers to. There are some other players who just stay at 29 because they like PVP. They don't have rediculous enchants or anything, just like to play BGs. My Paladin for example is 'stuck' at 39, because I rarely play WoW at the moment (damn FM07 being better than I expected) and when I do I'm in Warsong Gulch.

Edited by Cap'n Jean-Luc Picaaaarghd

I hate twinks in battlegrounds.

My first experience with battlegrounds was running Oakthorn (my Night Elf Hunter) through Warsong Gulch when he was in his early 20's, and I kept running into two particular pain in the ass Rogues. One was a female Troll who had a lot of agility enchants and the other was an Undead who liked to camp the Alliance graveyard. I eventually gave up doing battlegrounds on Oakthorn around lvl 26 or so, and didn't bother doing them again until he hit 60.

I had a Gnome Rogue in the early 30's (lvl 32, I think. Maybe 33) that I did battlegrounds on some before I quit, and the only twinking I did was buying some Lesser Beastslayer enchants for his weapons (to deal with Hunter pets, and for the red glow when walking around).

Question about enchant limits in TBC: what will that do to existing gear that already has the enchants on them?

I hate twinks in battlegrounds.

My first experience with battlegrounds was running Oakthorn (my Night Elf Hunter) through Warsong Gulch when he was in his early 20's, and I kept running into two particular pain in the ass Rogues. One was a female Troll who had a lot of agility enchants and the other was an Undead who liked to camp the Alliance graveyard. I eventually gave up doing battlegrounds on Oakthorn around lvl 26 or so, and didn't bother doing them again until he hit 60.

I had a Gnome Rogue in the early 30's (lvl 32, I think. Maybe 33) that I did battlegrounds on some before I quit, and the only twinking I did was buying some Lesser Beastslayer enchants for his weapons (to deal with Hunter pets, and for the red glow when walking around).

Question about enchant limits in TBC: what will that do to existing gear that already has the enchants on them?

Edited by Cap'n Jean-Luc Picaaaarghd

I just re-installed the game on my home computer so I'm going to be getting in a whole lot more playing now. I hate Shadow Council because it's RP and I want to be on a PvP server. But I don't particularly think it's fun doing the same noob quests over and over again for the different classes... So I suppose I'm screwed and stuck on a RP server. :(

Existing enchants will stay. All you level 19 rogues can keep your Crusaders and +15/25 agility =)

As for me, I've been playing this game since January. I have 2 level 60's, a Tauren Hunter and a Tauren Druid, both on the Alexstrasza server (PVE, USA). By far my favorite game in the world, even moreso when I started my Druid. I started my Druid in August and he now has 5/8 Tier 1, T2 Helm, and a bunch of other epic goodies.

I'm currently in between guilds, but as for progression, I've cleared all of Zul'Gurub, Molten Core, Ahn'Quiraji 20 man (except ayamiss), Onyxia and Blackwing Lair up to Broodlord. I can't wait for the expansion, and I hope to reach Nefarion in Blackwing Lair before it comes out.

• 4 weeks later...

They finally announced a release date for the Burning Crusade: January 16, 2007. Which means *IF* I go back to WoW, it probably won't be until March `07. (Because you just know it'll take them a few patches to fix bugs and nerf things)

I'm going to have to find another guild if I go back; found out that shortly after I and a few other people quit (me quitting WoW altogether, most of the others just quitting the guild), they decided to make it a hardcore raiding guild. Bah. My problem is, I need a guild that actually helps its members with quests and attaining better gear instead of just doing raids, and it seems like there aren't that many guilds like that on Whisperwind. All the high level guilds (or ones with mostly high lvl members) are either pure raiding guilds, pvp guilds or social guilds (ie, where all everyone does is stand around and talk in guild chat or on Vent or TS instead of actually doing anything.

Bottom line is, I need better FR gear so I can do better instances (like Blackwing Lair and Onyxia's Lair) and need to find a better way to make money so I can actually afford a goddamn epic mount. (skinning and leatherworking are NOT good choices if you want to make money - especially when you do dragonscale leatherworking and the scales cost too damn much to buy)

CoH\CoV > WoW when it comes to getting help at high levels, but WoW > CoH\CoV when it comes to high level content. (Once you hit 50 (max level in CoH\CoV), there's not much left to do)

Edited by GhostMachine