World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Just thought I would share this with you guys. Me and a few friends were in this guild on norgannon server called We Wipe On Trash. This guild's GM was an asshole and so were many of its members. So we decide to quit this guild and as we are /gquit my friend it all like what the fuck it wont let me quit the guild then he notices that it is saying that he is the GM of the guild, must have been some weird glitch cuz his rank was just member. So we have him invite us back into the guild and he gave us ranks so we can kick people from the guild and we decide that were gonna get some revenge on this guild and we all start kicking everyone from the guild and finally disband the guild. It was really one of the funniest things I ever seen in WoW.

Fucking idiots in the WSG....

Four battlegrounds, Horde only scores once.

I finally went /afk after getting gang raped, and telling everyone to get to the flag room.....but noooooo.......

:@

Guest clintcasey

Now you see on my battlegroup things usually ended the opposite way with the Alliance loosing pretty bad all the time.

With my holy paladin, if you give me a hunter and a rouge to stand back at the flagroom with me to guard it the horde wont take it, then the rest of the team can go on offense and as long as they don't keep getting caught up in pointless battles in the midfield we'll win.

• 3 weeks later...

It's probably been posted in here, but it gives me chills. I fucking LOVE the end with the pan up to Arthas and "All shall serve the one, true king" as well as the bit about how everyone's been working their way up to becoming him. Awesome. Also, has anyone heard anything about the Death Knight being able to choose between Horde or Alliance? on the WoWwiki article for the Death Knight hero class, there's a piece sourced to "worldofwarcraft.com" that says

Blizzard has insinuated that DKs can choose their side (horde/ally), because death knights are loyal to no one.

It sounds too good to be true, but I hope it isn't. That opens up a whole new realm of possibilities, having my blood elf paladin be Alliance would be cool. Or hell, maybe you can change sides as much as you want so I could go back and forth between the two (if that was the case, though, I'd expect a very loooong quest chain or lots and lots of rep grinds for it).

Bah, I don't know if I can wait for this! It's apparently out around this time NEXT year, 'cause GameSpot has the pre-release order date set for November 2008.

Edited by Cloud In Black

Just because it's not an OMGCINEMATIC~1 trailer doesn't mean it's fan-made :shifty:

Although I'm willing to put money on the fact that it was made by one (or all) of the Machinima artists Blizzard signed up last year when WoW Machinima got really popular.

Machinima ftw.

But yeah, there'll no doubt be a cinematic trailer eventually.

Bored whilst patching addons and tweaking them to work (about the only thing aside from check the AH while I am at work -- connection stinks.) So, I think I'll rant a bit.

About Wrath of the Lich King:

1. Awesome, Arthas is a boss now. Too bad only the top...oh...10% of WoW's subscribers will ever get to experience it. Have fun, full-time WoWers. I'll be here looking at the pretty textures and watching your escapades on Bosskillers and the like.

2. Level cap to 80 is meh, but the fact that the time between 20-60 will be reduced (thanks to increased XP) is cool. Also a fan of the fact flying mounts won't be available until the latter half (possibly 78) of levels for two reasons -- this means there likely won't be any more insane costs for new mounts and two, the folks at Blizzard deserve to have their work admired after putting the time into it. So, word, I have no problems taking my warhorse through the land for a while.

3. Inscription finally brings the Enhancement system from City of Heroes into the WoW universe. Can't wait to see how well it fits into the gameplay experience.

4. Green and better items in Northrend will be slightly better than T4 gear. I like this, although Northrend will likely push it up to...T7 now? Eh, I'll take it.

5. Death Knights = tank with no shield and DPS with two-hander ability? Let's see how you pull it off, homeboys. And don't give me any of that "must beat Arthas" crap in order to get it. The idea of potentially switching allegiances sounds nice, but I doubt it will ever happen without it being a roided-up version of Aldor/Scryer reputation grinding.

6. Character changes sound good. The ability to change hair of the scalp and facial variety rawks, though I will always be partial to the mohawks (so I can pretend my rogue is Jaws when I sneak up on people :shifty:.)

About patch 2.2.

1. Voice chat's in, voice chat's out. So what we're basically left with is a patch of slight -- *slight* -- tweaks to items and classes. No biggie, since the patch was a bit less of a hassle than others.

2. The one-hour wait on AH gold (you have to wait an hour now to get the gold someone uses to buy your auctioned items) is just south of insane. Even sadder is that I agree with it, since it helps nab gold farmers and the like.

About guilds:

1. They suck. It's either all or nothing with these guilds. That said, I do want to experience a raiding guild at least one time, but it seems all of the guilds capable of going to SSC, TK, or -- gawd forbid -- BT, all have the "BE ON AT THIS TIME AND THANK US FOR THE OPPORTUNITY" mentality. Ugh.

About PvP:

1. Still sucks. Too much ego-stroking and too little actual enjoyment.

Eh, done ranting for the time being.

Soooo let's discuss guild names!

What are some of the best ones/favourites you've seen? I was running around STV the other day on my ally druid and there was a group of taurens in the guild "Eat More Chicken". Not exactly original, admittedly, but it made me laugh. And yesterday I spent a few hours doing Arathi Basin with my rogue friend and there was a gnome rogue in one of the BGs in the guild "crit or get off the pot".

I just had the most epic Arathi Basin victory I've ever had.

I got on my alliance druid (level 39), landed in Refuge Pointe and joined the AB queue. Almost instantly it came up for AB 1, so I joined and the game had JUST started. The entire game, horde and alliance are within 100-200 resources of each other. This is pretty rare on Aerie Peak (my ally server) - Alliance seems to be totally incapable of sticking to a plan or working together, and we USUALLY get five capped about ten minutes into AB games. This game was different. So different.

The entire game's back and forth, and then by the end - the Horde's gathered 1800 resources and ONE GUY is going "stay strong, we can take this!" while everyone else is resigned to losing (something I find a problem on the server: A lot of "they won, no use, meh, let's just let them five cap us!"). Suddenly, we take the farm. Then we retake the stables. Now we're up 2 bases to the Horde's 0. The Horde take the mine. We're up 3 to 1. By the end of the game we've won by a mere 40 resources, holding 3 bases to the Horde's 2. It was absolutely epic.

Though I did get bitched at for "not doing anything" when the Horde took the Lumber Mill. Like fuck, what was I supposed to do? They zerged the base and I was the only defender, and I stood stealthed behind the flag for five minutes waiting for them to zerg along to the next base and I get "hey it'd be great if you did something other than just standing there stealthed". Uh. Well. I guess I'll die, then?

My guild downed Shade of Akama tonight in BT and have started work on Teron Gorefiend.

This reminded me of the greatness that is my guild on Bosskillers.com. If you don't know, Bosskillers is one of the many sites where you can watch videos of various WoW boss fights and see guild rankings and the like.

I got curious and decided to look up the guild I'm in on Khadgar (Lister's Minions.)

...we're the worst ranked Horde guild in Khadgar.

Ph43r.

Edited by ____

2. Level cap to 80 is meh, but the fact that the time between 20-60 will be reduced (thanks to increased XP) is cool. Also a fan of the fact flying mounts won't be available until the latter half (possibly 78) of levels for two reasons -- this means there likely won't be any more insane costs for new mounts and two, the folks at Blizzard deserve to have their work admired after putting the time into it. So, word, I have no problems taking my warhorse through the land for a while.