World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Currently sitting at level 65, should hit 66 on Friday Night. Kinda stoked about it, actually. I'm curious to see how crazy an Ice Lance spam will be.

Saturday night the guild's raiding ZG...first raid for me, hopefully it goes well.

Also, working on leveling up all my alts to 20. One down, 7 more to go. Should be fun when the new patch comes out.

20-60 is confirmed for patch 2.3 :D

Yep. For those unaware, it will be approximately 30% more XP per quest turn-in and it will require ~30% less XP to level from 20-60 starting to patch 2.3...whenever it hits. Also going to be some decent changes to Retribution Paladins, which makes me want to level mine up to 20 or so.

And why can't any of you people in good guilds be on Khadgar. I'm lucky if I can go to SM, fer cripe's sakes.

Yeah I read about the ret changes, bollocks dude. I leveled from 1-60 on my paladin using Ret and when I got to the higher end instances I got thrown out of groups because I wasn't Holy or Prot, so I respecced to Holy and now they're buffing Ret! Bastards.

Also, what spec is good for a rogue? I started a blood elf rogue (level 15 now, on Maelstrom US) and I've been putting points in subtlety mainly for talents like Master of Deception and Camoflauge.

Edited by Howlin' Mad Cloudy

Combat is easily the best way to level, as it allows you to take out 2-5 mobs (depending on level difference) at a given time -- provided you have Blade Flurry available. If things really get hairy, you can outright tank mobs with Blade Flurry+Evasion+Adrenaline Rush+Slice'n'Dice.

Also, may I suggest Improved Kick and Endurance? Both are good for PvP and PvE and are decent uses for your leftover points.

• 2 weeks later...

So how many of you have raided? I'm wondering because some guys from Roll Initiative (Maelstrom raiding guild) are organizing a Naxxramas raid, and I told them I'd go but I'm not sure what to expect.

So how many of you have raided? I'm wondering because some guys from Roll Initiative (Maelstrom raiding guild) are organizing a Naxxramas raid, and I told them I'd go but I'm not sure what to expect.

I raided ZG a week ago with my guild. It went very well.

As far as Naxx...well....I'd suspect you'd get your ass kicked, Cloudy, if this is your first raid. Even though it is a 40-man, you have the fact that it is THE final Pre-BC dungeon in WoW. I have no idea what level/class/spec you are, but you better be at LEAST 60 and have some damn fine gear, and I'm not talking about those nice quest rewards from Outland.

I don't really care if I get my ass kicked or what happens to be honest, because I'm running it largely for the experience - because I've never done it before.

And right now my paladin on Maelstrom is level 66. Just dinged yesterday afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Instances are annoying. :( Or people are.

I've been trying to get the Mask of Penance (paladin healing helm) from Steam Vaults the past few days but every time something retarded happens. First time it didn't drop and we ketp wiping on the last boss. Second time, we get to the FIRST BOSS and wipe three times then everyone gets pissed and leaves. Third time (today) we didn't even get as far as the first boss. Rogue DCed, Hunter AFKed for like 15 minutes, then when the rogue came back our tank (druid) had to go and then I had to leave. It sucked.

I also still need to run Shadow Lab for the first Kara key fragment (and Breastplate of Many Graces). My guild's running Zul'Gurub for fun this weekend, and I'd like to be decked in mostly blues going into it (as well as when we go into Kara).

I guess if worse comes to worse I'll wind up healbotting in AV. Ugh. Go in with AV gear, since AV gear is supposedly better than a lot of Kara gear.

Edited by Cloudy Is Thugnificent

• 3 weeks later...

Oh shit!

Have you guys seen the new WoW commercials? Not the Toyota one or whatever, but I just saw one with William Shatner. The entire commercial cuts back and forth between a Tauren Shaman and robed William Shatner explaining what it's like to be a shaman.

"I'm William Shatner, and I'm a Shaman."

"I'm Mr T and i'm a War Elf Mohawk."

"Erm...T, there's no such thing as a War Elf Mohawk"

"Well, maybe Mr T is a computer whizz and managed to change the game and make a War Elf Mohawk. Did you every think about that Mr fancy pants director?"

• 2 weeks later...

So I was thinking of Rerolling a new character and was interested in seeing if anyone else is interested in rerolling a new character as I think it could be fun if we got maybe four or so people together and quested together. So if anyone is interested say so and we can start a list.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine's farming Kara, but then again, we're not very end-game oriented as much as we're about having fun and being dicks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a game card for this after over a year of not playing it, and damn have I fallen behind. I'm still playing as a lvl 10 Paladin, and still hanging out around Westfall. I plan to get the Burning Crusade Expansion in a couple weeks.

• 3 months later...

Man, I picked a crap time to start playing again. Our original GM stepped down because he was getting tired of WoW, then the second GM stays around two months before joining Roll Initiative (one of the most progressed guilds on the Maelstrom US server) with no notice whatsoever. He's there one minute, in RI the next. Then it's passed down to this warlock and on the Wednesday raid there's a whole bunch of drama llama shit and because of it a few people quit. THEN the warlock - who's been GM less than half a week - says he can't play in such an environment where everyone's at each other's throats and now it's passed on to some shaman.

And I know like.. no one in the guild. It's a far cry from last fall/winter when I knew everyone there and we had a fun time doing Kara raids. Now it's all "THIS GAME IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. BLAH BLAH BLAH." I think I'm either going to join a PVP guild or wrangle up 10 people to sign a guild charter so I can finally have my one-man guild designed to let me idle and do Shattered Sun dailies in peace.

EDIT: GAY. I just joined a new guild - Thistle Tea Bagging Company - and someone reported the guild name and it was changed, but since the GM wasn't on it got changed to "Temp Guild of the Wolf". I fail to see how Thistle Tea Bagging Company violates the naming policy, because it shockingly WASN'T an allusion to teabagging. Since it's an RP-PVP server, our story was that we claimed to be merchants of Thistle Tea but that it was a front for other business. >_>

Edited by Ocean Doesn't Want Cloudy

Man, I picked a crap time to start playing again. Our original GM stepped down because he was getting tired of WoW, then the second GM stays around two months before joining Roll Initiative (one of the most progressed guilds on the Maelstrom US server) with no notice whatsoever. He's there one minute, in RI the next. Then it's passed down to this warlock and on the Wednesday raid there's a whole bunch of drama llama shit and because of it a few people quit. THEN the warlock - who's been GM less than half a week - says he can't play in such an environment where everyone's at each other's throats and now it's passed on to some shaman.

And I know like.. no one in the guild. It's a far cry from last fall/winter when I knew everyone there and we had a fun time doing Kara raids. Now it's all "THIS GAME IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. BLAH BLAH BLAH." I think I'm either going to join a PVP guild or wrangle up 10 people to sign a guild charter so I can finally have my one-man guild designed to let me idle and do Shattered Sun dailies in peace.

EDIT: GAY. I just joined a new guild - Thistle Tea Bagging Company - and someone reported the guild name and it was changed, but since the GM wasn't on it got changed to "Temp Guild of the Wolf". I fail to see how Thistle Tea Bagging Company violates the naming policy, because it shockingly WASN'T an allusion to teabagging. Since it's an RP-PVP server, our story was that we claimed to be merchants of Thistle Tea but that it was a front for other business. >_>

The pathetic thing is someone reported the name, as if the name offended him. "OMGZ, a reference to tea bagging! ". Geez.

Oh, and I miss WoW. Kind of. It is so much better than Guild Wars.