World of Warcraft

Your Mom

I'm planning on getting it.

I already have my Death Knight's name lined up, although I'm not going to jump and create the DK as soon as I get it; I'm going to focus on getting to 80.

Leveling with raid epics FTW!

I might cry. :crying:

After all the hard work I put into my 22 Rogue, it's all gone just like that. :crying:

See, my friend let me use one of 'his' accounts that he has to make a guy and play with them sometimes. So yeah, WoW's like heroin. And now, it turns out that 'my friend's' account was really his friend's account, which the password is known by like 4 people including me, and the one who's account it wasn't turned around and sold it, and the new owner changed the password.

Fuck. One second in AB, the next I'm lagging out and disconnected, and that ends my Rogues chapter.

Now I have to start buying gamecards for my OLD account which I luckily got back today, but still, this blows.

I´ed actualy be surprised that they have not just banned the acound becaus of multible logins or something. I never thought it would be this easy to share...

I remember buying the first adone and starting to play again for one month, after 5 days i stoped playing again, the only new area i saw was the one for the bloodelves (i don´t even have a level 60 character to get into the new high level areas...)

I agree with Merry ChrisWalkerBushmas, world pvp is great but a lot of the players just suck... i´ed still play WOW every now and than if i coul just buy a cupple of houres playtime instead of paying 15 for a month. (you can buy houres for Ragnarok eg.)... dunno, either i am not playing enough for hte monney or i am playing to much to still have a real life.... both options suck. ;-D

Well, the reason I was asking is that I've been playing on this one free server for a while and it's been pretty good. It's had it's couple little bits of downtime here and there (for an hour or so), but it's never effected my character.

Lvl 60 Assassination Rogue FTW

^^^

An explanation from someone who hasn't really used them, and/or doesn't know what their on about.

Although there are SOME free servers where the main point is that your instantly level 70, have epic gear, all items/training/ect is at your disposal. Those aren't the ones I play though, they get boring very quick.

Then theres the free servers like the one I play (further referred to as Blizzlike), which are basically the actual version of WOW. Some have a slightly sped up leveling rate, item drop rate, ect. (the one I play on I believe is like 2.4x the norm, being Blizzards WOW), and it's nothing extreme and if anything has made the game a hell of alot more fun than it was on the true servers.

BASICALLLLLLLY...

Free Servers can be divided into two, at tops 3, catagories:

Blizzlike - Exactly like the true-servers of WoW

Blizzlike on Crack - Exactly like the true-servers of WoW, except droprates may be increased

BlizzFun - OMG LVL 70 OWNED~OWNED~OWNED~!

Oh yeah, and all free. (Some servers will have the option to donate for better items, some don't).

EDIT: Although I'm not positive, I wouldn't doubt their against Blizzard's ToS, but they're only illegal in that sense. I fail to see how a player on one of the private servers could be at fault in anyway, possibly only the creator of the server (if that).

EDIT 2: Switching between Private Servers and the Real Servers is a quick and simple task, as well. Simply going into your WoW folder (I made a shortcut on my desktop because I had to access it a couple times, as I tried a couple servers before settling on one to work on a character), changing the data in the realm.wtf file (I made a copy of the default file, and made copies of all the private server realmlist.wtf files for easier access), and then logging in (after you've registered an account on the private servers website)

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

The big disadvantage of a private server is the fact that you're not working with the sharpest knives in the drawer.

People know nothing of their classes, the 'Super Blizzlike' servers are populated with idiots that have no clue where to go next. It's really fucking sad.

My card's expiring pretty soon, so to get my WoW fix I'm going to have to play on these damn things; I just hate how buggy they are, and a shitload of them are PvP. I'm not the biggest World PvP fan.

The best thing I can say about a Private server is that it's an excellent training tool; I use it to "Field Test" things for real Warcraft.

The big disadvantage of a private server is the fact that you're not working with the sharpest knives in the drawer.

People know nothing of their classes, the 'Super Blizzlike' servers are populated with idiots that have no clue where to go next. It's really fucking sad.

My card's expiring pretty soon, so to get my WoW fix I'm going to have to play on these damn things; I just hate how buggy they are, and a shitload of them are PvP. I'm not the biggest World PvP fan.

The best thing I can say about a Private server is that it's an excellent training tool; I use it to "Field Test" things for real Warcraft.

While there is quite a bit of people who don't quite know their way around, there are enough people that do aswell (speaking, of course. from my experience on the free server I'm on.)

If you'd like a link to the free server I play on, PM me because I'm not sure if it'd be OK to post on the board.

But it has a couple seperate realms, one for Instant 70, one thats Blizzlike, one that they call Blizzcrack (which is the one I play on) with either a 2.3x or 3.2x droprate, but honestly it's nothing extreme, it still takes you time to level, but not an extreme amount. Theres a good amount of people on at all times, and although it's prone to a couple crashes/downtimes here and there (most are for like 3 minutes and your able to get on, longest I've had is an hour). If anyones interested, PM me, I'd love to have some EWB guys on my friends list.

From DA RULEZ:

You may not:

1. Link to and/or inform people how to obtain, watch or listen to copyrighted media.

2. Link to and/or inform people how to obtain software cracks, ROMs or pirated software.

I'm not exactly sure if a private server falls under pirated; you have a unique login on the Blizzard stuff, a password, you pay monthly. A private server simply requires software that Blizzard allows you to download for free. So, it's iffy at best.

But anyway, yeah, I think I know the private server you play on, if it's the Blizzcrack one. I might give it a shot, I'm on one that's a little promising.

...I caved and I bought the game. Fuck.

I have the two characters I had before, the only difference is my Rogue is now level 16.

I also have a level 7 BE Pali that I made last night on Quel'dorai.

Cloudy, we shall play! Maybe this will go over better than Civ!

In a few days I'm going to be getting back into real WoW; God only knows what's left of my guild. They were collapsing as I left, but now....I don't know.

In a few days I'm going to be getting back into real WoW; God only knows what's left of my guild. They were collapsing as I left, but now....I don't know.

My guild was sort of in the same boat. We started raiding in late December, progressed into ZA and then around mid-March the GM quit. I think everyone knew it was coming since he never came around and just generally seemed sick of the game, so he passed the guild down to this protadin that just joined a month before he quit (but had been running stuff with us since January). As much as everyone liked the guy when he was just guild affiliated and not the GM you'd think they'd like him as GM too, but everyone hated him and plenty of senior members left the guild and made all this drama. Eventually the guild's name was changed and everything was overhauled, then the protadin just randomly up and left one day without telling anyone and for about a month the guild had a new GM literally every week, sometimes 2-3 new ones a week before disbanding.

It just reformed like.. last month, though. With the original GMs and members, so it's just like it was when I first joined.

And Ruki PLAY ON MAELSTROM US