The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

One of the transfers I'm having trouble with is from yellow-orange to red-blue and vice versa

In warpigs, one section I"m having trouble with is solo 1d where it goes BYRYR and it repeats it multiple times quickly. Any tips for this section or do I just need to get my speed up?

One of the transfers I'm having trouble with is from yellow-orange to red-blue and vice versa

In warpigs, one section I"m having trouble with is solo 1d where it goes BYRYR and it repeats it multiple times quickly. Any tips for this section or do I just need to get my speed up?

The easiest way to transition between Yellow-Orange and Red-Blue is to simply have your hand further along so that your index finger starts on Red. That way it's identical to how Red-Blue and Green Yellow would be.

I'd have to play the track again to advise on that solo...what difficulty?

I do that kind of transition on green-yellow to red-blue switches, but for some songs, I don't always have time to move my hand all the way down to yellow-orange for that transition.

Expert difficulty on war pigs. Its the one section that keeps kicking my ass.

Yay, five starred a couple of more on Hard for the first time. Sweet Child O' Mine was one, I think Woman was the other but can't quite remember.

It's kind of a shame then that its solos destroy me on Expert then, huh? ¬_¬ I like it when Expert songs are exactly the same as on Hard but with more incovenient chords, like Heart-Shaped Box - I CAN do that one.

People are coming round to the flat tonight. One of them, named Jonathan, was immediately awesome at the original Guitar Hero when he came round to play it last (I blame his scary aptitude at DDR for all the transferable skills that provides). He has since got Guitar Hero 2 for Christmas, and I just happen to have two guitar controllers.

I sense that I'm about to get raped.

Practice mode is your friend. I find it really helps if you practice the particular bit you're stuck on on the slowest speed and then slowly move up to full speed.

Yeah, my girlfriend swears by practice mode, but I still don't do the hammer ons and pull offs, I just panic and hit the buttons as quickly as I normally do.....>_>

So, apparently the 360 version will be rocking with some exclusive tracks.

* Billion Dollar Babies (Alice Cooper)

* Dead! (My Chemical Romance)

* Hush (Deep Purple)

* Life Wasted (Pearl Jam)

* Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo (Rick Derringer)

* Possum Kingdom (Toadies)

* Salvation (Rancid)

* The Trooper (Iron Maiden)

Rumour has it that Dead! and Possum Kingdom will be the band's original recordings. There are two more which are unnaounced.

1167957373ms9.jpg

1167957311lh9.jpg

Personally, I like the whole white look. I'm a stickler for anything white it seems, that's your iPod generation for you. I don't much like the shape of the guitar though.

Edited by King Ellis

Oh god, I absolutely can't wait for this. I've never played Guitar Hero in any form and I'm going to have this eating up my life.

Is it easy to pick up if you play guitar?

Edited by The Z-DAMN!

The only track worth getting the 360 version for is The Trooper. Maiden should have been on the original GH soundtrack, quite why they've been omitted till now is beyond me. And styling the controller on a white Explorer? Where the fuck are Metallica in these 360-exclusive tracks?